Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder Update

Re: Thunder Update

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    What exactly is causing it to constantly be delayed?

I might be heading out there this summer and it would be nice if it were open when I go.
    It could be anything. It could be the fact that they've installed something and it's not working properl or something is being installed that is taking longer than initially expected.

Trust me, I'm pretty sure Disney want's this done as soon as possible because it costs them mondo money. We can't hurry it to the point where they cut corners. Doing this will cause maintance headaches and safety issues in the future and it's just not worth it. Better get it done right than having to suffer in the future because something wasn't working or looking right.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• I'm not really here

Just be glad they are willing to delay it. They could always just call it good enough and open it and who knows what issues that would cause.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I'd rather they delay the opening than rush the project to completion. It's been closed for so long it doesn't really bother me that they are keeping it closed for a few more months. I just hope that when it does reopen, it is worth the wait.

• Hello Dolly.

It's been a lengthy refurb that's been pushed back months already. Sad the only trip I was able to go on this year had my favorite ride closed, as I won't be able to go again for a while. But I understood why it was closed & happy that BTM is getting fixed up. Further delays mostly mean that Disney is hardly prepared anymore.

I do question if this is even true though. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It's probably because they're going to close it.
    I spit out my coffee. Hilarious.

Disney lies!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

WHY SO LONG!!! Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    it had some purples, but mostly orange and red, for comparison, here's a pic pre-refurb

http://static.squarespace.com/static...pg?format=750w
    These are two different sides of the mountain. The new blue lighting is for the side visible from Fantasyland, which is supposed to help it "disappear" into the background so it's not noticeable. The side visible from Frontierland is still orange
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

oo_nrb, thank you so much for your post. I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so much and when I saw the pictures of the blue lighting I was really disappointed. It's such a beautiful mountain and has that really great American Southwest orange/brown color, and the idea of it being blue seemed like a terrible choice. But on the Fantasyland side it does make sense, both in color and helping it blend in to the night.

Looking forward to seeing what else they've done with BTMR!

• Observer

U try redoing a attraction that old with that many people riding and osha breathing down ur neck. Its not like it benefits disney to keep it closed, they Will open it as soon as they can, so give them a break. Do u want the junk they gave us with dca when it opened? No. Allow them to take the time to properly restore and upgrade it

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I know it sucks that the attraction has been closed for so long now, but at the end of the day it its either remaining closed because Disney believes:

a) For safety reasons that more testing is needed.
    b) For show reasons the attraction is not up to par.

Do you really want them to rush it open and ignore either of those possibilities?

To me, this is like clamoring to mom pulling a half baked cake out of the oven because you don't want to wait. It wont taste good half baked even though the last cake you had was good, and this one will be two when it is properly formed. That, and the uncooked ingredients might make you sick. Better to watch through the oven door with the light on and keep up your appetite.

• Heavy Breather

Of course. I don't want them to rush any refurbishments they do.

Haste makes waste.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I know it sucks that the attraction has been closed for so long now, but at the end of the day it its either remaining closed because Disney believes:

a) For safety reasons that more testing is needed.
    b) For show reasons the attraction is not up to par.

Do you really want them to rush it open and ignore either of those possibilities?

To me, this is like clamoring to mom pulling a half baked cake out of the oven because you don't want to wait. It wont taste good half baked even though the last cake you had was good, and this one will be two when it is properly formed. That, and the uncooked ingredients might make you sick. Better to watch through the oven door with the light on and keep up your appetite.

But, but, but I want to ride it NNAAOOOWWW!!! Waaaahhh! Sniff, sniff, pout.

You are absolutely right.

But I will add that I do like 'slack-baked' cakes.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    U try redoing a attraction that old with that many people riding and osha breathing down ur neck. Its not like it benefits disney to keep it closed, they Will open it as soon as they can, so give them a break. Do u want the junk they gave us with dca when it opened? No. Allow them to take the time to properly restore and upgrade it
    for me its not about wanting them to rush it. But IF it is delayed even farther that means that when I'm at DLR for my birthday vacation (a year and 5 weeks after my last trip) that I will have had to miss my absolute favorite roller coaster on both trips for 1 refurb. I didn't just plan this trip for my birthday but also under the impression it would be open before I get there. BTMRR's closure for so long is why I didn't try to go over summer or between halloween and thanksgiving this year. Also to me it does seem a little crazy that the BTMRR refurb has taken so much longer then when they did a similar refurb on Matterhorn which is a much older attraction.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

How long was Space Mountain down when it got its complete overhaul? I can't recall...

**According to Wikipedia it closed on April 10, 2003 and re opened on July 15, 2005**

It could always be worse...
    Last edited by XxBellaThornxX; 01-19-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Answered my own question

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• I'm not really here

I didn't just plan this trip for my birthday but also under the impression it would be open before I get there.
    From the legal statement on the back of tickets:
    Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability.
    No return date has actually be announced. Only rumors that it would be back around the end of Feb. Even a publicly announced return date can change if there is a good reason to.

Also to me it does seem a little crazy that the BTMRR refurb has taken so much longer then when they did a similar refurb on Matterhorn which is a much older attraction.
    Age of the attraction has nothing to do with how long a refurb takes. What they are doing determines how long something takes. As someone else stated, Space Mountain was down for more than 2+ years for its big refurb.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast