Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder Update

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Thunder Update

I think the difference is that SM was expected to be down that long. IIRC it was always publicized as a 2+ year project. I'll admit that I don't know for sure if it reopened on schedule or not, but it seems to me it did. With BMTRR the reopening date just seems to keep being pushed out further and further. That's the part that's kind of frustrating. The fact that we get our hopes up instead of regarding reopening dates with a healthy dose of skepticism is our own problem, I guess. Of course, 'stuff' happens and Disney's gotta do what they've gotta do to see that BMTRR is up to standards (artistic, mechanical, & safety).

'Officially', BMTRR is still scheduled to reopen 2/1 according to the Disneyland website links. Frankly, I'm wondering if the reason the POTC refurb that is/was 1/27 - 2/13 appears to have been delayed is because BMTRR won't reopen on schedule and they don't want to have Splash, BMTRR, and POTC all down at the same time. It would sure make that side of the park seem dead with three 'anchor' rides down at the same time.
    Last edited by Stormy; 01-19-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think the difference is that SM was expected to be down that long. IIRC it was always publicized as a 2+ year project. I'll admit that I don't know for sure if it reopened on schedule or not, but it seems to me it did. With BMTRR the reopening date just seems to keep being pushed out further and further. That's the part that's kind of frustrating. The fact that we get our hopes up instead of regarding reopening dates with a healthy dose of skepticism is our own problem, I guess. Of course, 'stuff' happens and Disney's gotta do what they've gotta do to see that BMTRR is up to standards (artistic, mechanical, & safety).

'Officially', BMTRR is still scheduled to reopen 2/1 according to the Disneyland website links. Frankly, I'm wondering if the reason the POTC refurb that is/was 1/27 - 2/13 appears to have been delayed is because BMTRR won't reopen on schedule and they don't want to have Splash, BMTRR, and POTC all down at the same time. It would sure make that side of the park seem dead with three 'anchor' rides down at the same time.
    when is Splash down??? and when did PotC get pushed to?? I'm just beginning to wonder if I booked everything for my trip too soon. I like everything on the west side more then anythin on the TL side, and even my 2 favorites in DCA (TLM, RSR) don't come close to my love for PotC, HM, Splash, BTMRR
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    when is Splash down??? and when did PotC get pushed to?? I'm just beginning to wonder if I booked everything for my trip too soon. I like everything on the west side more then anythin on the TL side, and even my 2 favorites in DCA (TLM, RSR) don't come close to my love for PotC, HM, Splash, BTMRR
    Splash is down 1/21 - 2/28. POTC is supposed to be down 1/27 - 2/13 but the dates seem to have disappeared from the DL website, people calling for BB reservations are being given differing answers as to the refurb & rumor has it it's been pushed back to sometime in April.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Splash is down 1/21 - 2/28. POTC is supposed to be down 1/27 - 2/13 but the dates seem to have disappeared from the DL website, people calling for BB reservations are being given differing answers as to the refurb & rumor has it it's been pushed back to sometime in April.
    I was going to say I have Blue Bayou reservations for my birthday dinner on 2/25
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Chief Troublemaker

I was going to say I have Blue Bayou reservations for my birthday dinner on 2/25

Well since you'll be there when I am (2/23-2/28) I'm hoping that, if the 1/27-2/13 date are wrong, the rumored April date is right! Some of differing things that people with BB reservations have reported being told is that 'BB will be open even if the ride is closed' or 'if the ride is closed the BB is closed'. Answers just seem to be all over the place. I think, as of now, no one knows exactly what the plan is.

I'm just going to try not to think about it (POTC is just about my fav ride) until 1/27. If it doesn't close then, I'll start to freak myself out about it! LOL

• Minion

Well since you'll be there when I am (2/23-2/28) I'm hoping that, if the 1/27-2/13 date are wrong, the rumored April date is right! Some of differing things that people with BB reservations have reported being told is that 'BB will be open even if the ride is closed' or 'if the ride is closed the BB is closed'. Answers just seem to be all over the place. I think, as of now, no one knows exactly what the plan is.

I'm just going to try not to think about it (POTC is just about my fav ride) until 1/27. If it doesn't close then, I'll start to freak myself out about it! LOL
    I usually ride Pirates 3-5 times per day per trip, I was looking forward to minimum 24 rides up to 40
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• The doctor is in

I have Blue Bayou reservations on the afternoon of February 7th. I made the reservation through the website and it let me do it. I would think if Pirates was going to be down it wouldn't have let me do it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I have Blue Bayou reservations on the afternoon of February 7th. I made the reservation through the website and it let me do it. I would think if Pirates was going to be down it wouldn't have let me do it.
    You're right. The Disneyland website does not list it for refurb in Feb. And it still shows Thunder reopening Feb. 1. Who to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    You're right. The Disneyland website does not list it for refurb in Feb. And it still shows Thunder reopening Feb. 1. Who to believe.
    Yup, I noticed that, too!
    However, I guess they could always "update" their website at any time before Feb. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Well, guess they could still have the restaurant open with the ride closed, but hopefully they wouldn't do such a thing!!!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

How long is the Dwarfs coaster taking in Florida? Doesn't surprise me that BTMRR is taking this long.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    How long is the Dwarfs coaster taking in Florida? Doesn't surprise me that BTMRR is taking this long.
    Exactly what I was thinking, the Florida people are suffering a much longer wait than we have going on with BTMRR. I'd honestly sacrifice an on time reopening of BTMRR or any attraction if they're willing to take the time to make sure everything is perfect and up to par with what has come to be expected from Disney.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, the Florida people are suffering a much longer wait than we have going on with BTMRR. I'd honestly sacrifice an on time reopening of BTMRR or any attraction if they're willing to take the time to make sure everything is perfect and up to par with what has come to be expected from Disney.
    to be fair, the Snow white ride is a brand new system, and they had a lot more work involved with that construction.

BTM is a refurb, and Disney expected it to get finished back in October then they delayed it to "winter 2014"
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

to be fair, the Snow white ride is a brand new system, and they had a lot more work involved with that construction.

BTM is a refurb, and Disney expected it to get finished back in October then they delayed it to "winter 2014"
    What is it, 3 years and counting?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    What is it, 3 years and counting?
    That sounds about right. I certainly don't remember Carsland taking this long to complete, just the time for physical construction is what I'm specifically referring to.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast