• Tiki Dancer

Souvenirs & Other Spending

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I thought I would share what we purchased on our recent trip. For the first time, I was on a pin hunt. I had a lanyard for the first time, too so I got Cinderella and Mary Poppins pins. I also got a Mickey glove oven mitt and a bed pillow that says "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" on one side and "When You're Fast Asleep" on the other side. Did I mention I love Cinderella? My boyfriend got a hat and a wrist band from the Indiana Jones shop in Adventureland (I don't know the exact name of the shop). We also ate at The Blue Bayou (we finally tried the Monte Cristo......YUCK! It was like a donut), Little Red Wagon corn dog cart, got churros and popcorn, ate at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, pretzel bites and chicken verde cone at DCA (meh!). The only thing I wished I got was a Cinderella Tshirt, which was nowhere to be found.

What kinds of things do you spend money on when you are at Disneyland? Thanks!

• Selfie Expert

Re: Souvenirs & Other Spending

I LOVE pins. They're affordable souvenirs, and just so darn fun (and addicting). I want that pillow you got for my baby's nursery! So cute.

I also love earhats, but buy those a lot less often due to the fact that I don't have a good place to store them.

I agree with you on the monte cristo.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Tiki Dancer

Oh, we also ate at Tangaroa Terrace and had the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum drinks at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Room on the Disneyland Hotel property. The drinks were amazing!!! I was close to buying the Cinderella ear hat, but I'm not a hat person to begin with. Yup, I think I will become one of those addicted pin wearers (but not traders).

• Chief Troublemaker

Pin, Fridge magnet, & shot glass w/year of visit is a must. BTW did you know that they are 'shot glasses' in DCA, but are 'toothpick holders' in DL? I thought that was funny. Maybe a Tshirt if I can find one that I like that fits. Most of the really cute Tshirts seem to be sized for Jrs.

I buy pins if I see one that 'calls to me' or seems to commemorate something special to me. Dodger Mickey, BFF Minnie & Daisy for last year's '2 Crazy Girls' trip, for example. I don't have a whole lot of pins, but I wouldn't consider trading them because they each have a special meaning to me.

Ears not so much, but I did buy the cute ones with the veil last year. That was a kind of a splurge for me, because even though they were only (IIRC) $25.00, that's still a lot of money for something that basically is just going to sit there. At least for me, it is.

BUT, I am warning everyone, if they have the Dooney HM bag when I'm there, do NOT get in my way! I'll be like one of those bridezillas in Filene's basement!!!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• 1 man can make a difernce

I too am not a fan of the Monte Cristo, to oily on my fingers. I want one of those mickey oven mits though.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Tiki Dancer

Oh, those junior size T-shirts are cute, but way too small for me. Maybe that can be one of my rewards for this year's weight loss!

I always want to buy stuff but I'm cheap. I will buy some ear hats and kitchen stuff next time I'm there.