Taking off from these post about changes in the attraction under refurbishment.
And then a reply to it.This is just wishful thinking .....
I'd be thrilled if they added infrastructure (things like hidden clips, hooks,wiring, etc) where they can do a Halloween overlay to the ride. For the month of October. In my opinion DL needs just one more ride, for a total of 3 (Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder) temporary Halloween themed attractions.
Just imagine the cool "old west" type of stuff they could do .. for Big Thunder. (A look at what Knott's does to the Timber Mtn. Log Ride, and Calico Mine Train, could give you all an idea) - Just toned down a bit on the "scary" bit .. since this is a family park.
I've been wishing for something like this for years. It is the perfect ride (after HM) to haunt for Halloween. Add some fog, lighting, sound effects to the queue. Even through some fog effects on the ride that you ride through like Paris' Indy coaster. Infinite potential for an awesome night time haunted ride here.
Those are some things I'd like.
Make it a part exclusive to the night parties.
- Lighting effect on the mountain of bats flying around.
- Projections of land slides, lightening strikes.
- Fog rolling into the queue and off the peaks into the spirals of the track
- A simple AA or two, like a few crows talking to each other, or cawing "nevermore" every now and again.
- A cactus who dances when some banjo music places.
- Back lighting or curtains moving revealing figures inside the building of rainbow ridge.