• Under that tree again!

BTMRR Halloween Layover

Taking off from these post about changes in the attraction under refurbishment.

Tomorrowland-1967
    This is just wishful thinking .....

I'd be thrilled if they added infrastructure (things like hidden clips, hooks,wiring, etc) where they can do a Halloween overlay to the ride. For the month of October. In my opinion DL needs just one more ride, for a total of 3 (Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder) temporary Halloween themed attractions.

Just imagine the cool "old west" type of stuff they could do .. for Big Thunder. (A look at what Knott's does to the Timber Mtn. Log Ride, and Calico Mine Train, could give you all an idea) - Just toned down a bit on the "scary" bit .. since this is a family park.
    And then a reply to it.

Mycroft
    I've been wishing for something like this for years. It is the perfect ride (after HM) to haunt for Halloween. Add some fog, lighting, sound effects to the queue. Even through some fog effects on the ride that you ride through like Paris' Indy coaster. Infinite potential for an awesome night time haunted ride here.

Those are some things I'd like.

Make it a part exclusive to the night parties.
    - Lighting effect on the mountain of bats flying around.
    - Projections of land slides, lightening strikes.
    - Fog rolling into the queue and off the peaks into the spirals of the track
    - A simple AA or two, like a few crows talking to each other, or cawing "nevermore" every now and again.
    - A cactus who dances when some banjo music places.
    - Back lighting or curtains moving revealing figures inside the building of rainbow ridge.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Re: BTMRR Halloween Layover

l love the ideas, but NOT as a party exclusive... seriously, does everything new for halloween or christmas have to be suggested as a party exclusive?? That pretty much eliminates any random tourist that doesn't know about the parties from having the best trip possible
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    l love the ideas, but NOT as a party exclusive... seriously, does everything new for halloween or christmas have to be suggested as a party exclusive?? That pretty much eliminates any random tourist that doesn't know about the parties from having the best trip possible
    Well, the party has two other attractions, that aren't exclusive so this would be one. These effects could be switched on, where as the decorations on the HM can't be pulled out and replaced just for the party.

For the party you pay for extras, so this would add value.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

I'd rather have a real, legit parade complete with Maleficent float, pirates of the caribbean (movie characters), the rest of the villains, and REAL FLOATS for the party then an alternate version of an attraction. Look at MK's halloween parade vs DL's... One looks like a joke compared to the other. Shoot, the headless horseman alone is cooler then DL's entire "cavalcade"
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Parade floats lit with black lights would be awesome.

I really like the idea of the storefronts of Rainbow Ridge being haunted during that time.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

- Lighting effect on the mountain of bats flying around.
    - Lightening strikes.
    - Fog rolling into the queue and off the peaks into the spirals of the track
    - A simple AA or two, like a few crows talking to each other, or cawing "nevermore" every now and again.
    - A cactus who dances when some banjo music places.
    - Back lighting or curtains moving revealing figures inside the building of rainbow ridge.
    You got the right idea!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has all the right fundamental elements to create an awesome Halloween layover.

The biggest conundrum though ... unlike Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion .... this is a ride primarily outdoors. It works best as "Halloween Thunder Mountain" at night. Though, there are a total of 4 locations that are "indoors" that can take on some cool Halloween elements for riders during the day - 1. First Lift room, 2.the first all-blacked out tunnel, 3.when the train does a full loop around a spiral butte, and 4.the Earthquake room.

Tons of potential. I hope they do it some day. They know this Halloween stuff drives up the attendance. Lot of people love it. Aside from the newer Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain .... Haunted Mansion has been doing "Nightmare Before Christmas" since 2001. It's getting a little long in the tooth. I'd like to see Disney offer something new to their perennial Halloween stuff.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.