View Poll Results: What would you like to see happen? (You can choose more than one!)

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Updated film quality

40 85.11%
  • New locations (limited to CA)

17 36.17%
  • New location (Include CA and other places)

14 29.79%
  • Keep Patrick Warburton

36 76.60%
  • Kick out Patrick Warburton

0 0%
  • Update the cloud effect in the first room

19 40.43%
  • Update the queue area

18 38.30%
  • Upgraded simulator technology

21 44.68%
  • A better design of the load/ unload station

11 23.40%
  • KEEP "PLANES" OUT ENTIRELY

36 76.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

What do you want to see in the new Soarin' Over California?

As February inches closer and closer, the closure and refurb of DCA's original saving grace approaches as well. This was the VERY first attraction that I had ever ridden when DCA had just opened. The idea frightened me, but then walking out of it, I was blown away. Now with it getting the proper love and care that it so desperately needs, it has me thinking...

What will be left, redone, or taken out completely, of Soarin'?

Just answer the poll above and see what you would like to see stay or change!

If there's suggestions that you have that AREN'T on the poll, please post them below!
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 01-21-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: What do you want to see in the new Soarin' Over California?

I personally love the ride . Updating some of the scenes would be good in my opinion .

• formerly very helpful

I don't have any problems with the film itself, other than things that can be improved technologically. That said, keep the stirring soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith.

and MAYBE update the last shot with a current clip of Disneyland.

I accidentally voted for both staying at places in California and venturing out of...I personally don't mind either way I guess. But keep Patrick Warburton always, he's fantastic!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

Keep Patrick and lets leave California. The aviation aspect is more than enough to tie the CA and the condor flats theme. Its not like the attractions absolutely have to relate directly to the park's theme. If that were the case there would be no Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo Disney Sea.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

I think i'd like to see flying in the clouds in between every scene like you fly over the golden gate bride and then you go up and you could only see clouds then you go down and you're in a different destination but youre only going to be in the clouds for less than 5 seconds and also a new finale where you fly over california adventure all the way to the castle to see the fireworks

I would LOVE to see updated final scene!
    By the way I am new here - excited to join!

• Down Pluto!

None of the above! I want transitions between scenes/locations. The hard cuts/edits drive me nuts. Disney knows better, but I think people who do not know film or video are in charge of the video. The previous morons destroyed any semblance of story by snapping mid flight to new locations. Real life isn't like that and it decimates the illusion of believable story.

The rest of the poll list is nonsense if they don't fix the primary storytelling screw-up.

IMHO.

(but yes they should keep "Planes" out at all costs!)

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by kmelvin06 View Post
    I think i'd like to see flying in the clouds in between every scene like you fly over the golden gate bride and then you go up and you could only see clouds then you go down and you're in a different destination but youre only going to be in the clouds for less than 5 seconds and also a new finale where you fly over california adventure all the way to the castle to see the fireworks
    YAY! Kmelvin06 gets it!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I've suggested that instead of doing a medley of scenes of just a few seconds each, they instead dedicate entire reels to each scene, then rotate them. It will give more depth and immersion to the show while also possibly creating a collector mentality among guests. They'll want to return more often to see shows they haven't seen before, or try to catch the "rare" one.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The hard cuts/edits drive me nuts.
    It's basically this that ruins the entire show for me. At no point do I ever believe I'm there because in 5 seconds I won't be.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

I may be among the minority here, but I think that the film should be updated to new location only within California. SOC was one of the few things that they did right in DCA 1.0 and I think other than updating the film quality, queue, and bringing the film up to date, I don't really see anything else that needs to be changed. That being said, I believe Soarin' Over the World would be best for EPCOT since there currently is no significance in the Florida version since they are viewing a film for another state. The World idea would also tie in with World Showcase as well, though the Land Pavilion is in Future World. As for the queue, I'd like to seem them kind of make it more interesting, especially the outside portion before you enter into the hall of aviators. Though the interior of the building does not match the 1920s/1930's theme that the rest of the park has taken on, it doesn't really bother me that much. One thing above all that I think should definitely remain is the Jerry Goldsmith score, definitely one of the best musical compositions written for any theme park attraction and is one of the main selling points of the SOC.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I really don't believe that Soarin' Over the World is the best thing to go into DCA. I think they just need to refilm CA in HD and use the World in Epcot and Shanghai....

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeee View Post
    I really don't believe that Soarin' Over the World is the best thing to go into DCA. I think they just need to refilm CA in HD and use the World in Epcot and Shanghai....
    I definitely second that, though for Shanghai, they could almost do a Soarin' version of the Wonder of China film from CircleVision 360, I'd think that would be pretty cool
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeee View Post
    But then I'd actually have to decided between TT and Soarin', now FP+ is an easy choice since it's identical, but yes, realistically, I do like your idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast