Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anything open 24 hours OTHER than dennys by DLR?

flyin in very late on a wed in feb.. wont arrive at the hotel till about midnight or so. Is there anything other than dennys and IHOP in the DLR thats open 24 hours entertainment wise?

Re: anything open 24 hours OTHER than dennys by DLR?

7-11 and McDonalds. Im not sure if anything else is open late on weekdays, since the parks close fairly early.

• Your cadaverous pallor

also I think Ihop

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel is open until 1:30AM every day. While it's not a "full service" restaurant, there are plenty of drinks and small appetizers available. I've arrived at the parks at odd hours of the morning before and usually what I find entertaining is photographing the hotels and DTD at these hours, as it is nice and quiet with just the background music and also there are no people to get into your shot. It really is quite nice actually if you're up for it.

*edit*

After doing some more research, I found out Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian is also open until 1:30AM. Though I'm not sure of the menu there, it does seem better to have another option that's available at that hour if you're staying at the resort.
    Last edited by TFN5459; 01-21-2014 at 09:32 PM.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

IHOP is 24 hours. We took advantage of their breakfast each morning we were staying along the hotel strip for our Disney trip. We loved TSETB! We went over there one evening for the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum drinks and I grabbed a chicken sandwich at Tangaroa Terrace next door.

Subway on Ball Road, DO NOT go to the one on Katella(?) also the MicD's right next to the subway I'm pretty sure is 24 hrs too

What's wrong with the Subway on Katella?

It was there I realised that US Subways have real avocados. Canadian ones only get mushed avocados

It is the one that is on S. Harbor and W. Katella. This one we have been too several times in the past, and each time the service has been terrible. Not to mention there is a serious language barrier. I mean, I went in October and the person making the food did not speak a word of english. Someone from the back had to come back to the front and help translate. I ended up walking out of the restaurant with my food still wrong. Read the reviews for this one. It's a waste of time going in.

I think in my life I've only ever been served once by a Subway employee who speaks English as a first language. Twice if you include one in the UK.

My most recent experience at the one on Katella was of an (East) Indian man yelling at the sandwich maker over asinine bullcrap like what sandwich had the X written on the outside. In this case the employee's English was ever so slightly stronger and he had the patience of a saint. That customer was an ***. My girlfriend and I were served by a lovely girl who barely said a word, but seemed to understand everything I said (like most Subway employees I've had) even though I have a weird Mid-Atlantic accent.

Holy off-topic, Batman!

• MaliBOOMer

I have never had problems with the Harbor/Katella subway. Been there 5 times or so.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Knight that says Nee!!

Chiming in that I have also used that subway several times with no problem at all with service.

The IHOP on harbor is 24 hrs and pretty good.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by opethfan View Post
    What's wrong with the Subway on Katella?

It was there I realised that US Subways have real avocados. Canadian ones only get mushed avocados
    If I'm not mistaken it's only Subways in California that have real avocados. From what I understand the rest of the US uses mushed avocados as well.

There's a taco bell around there somewhere. Not super close, but close enough that we went after MHP on a Friday night..or Saturday morning :P

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel is open until 1:30AM every day. While it's not a "full service" restaurant, there are plenty of drinks and small appetizers available. I've arrived at the parks at odd hours of the morning before and usually what I find entertaining is photographing the hotels and DTD at these hours, as it is nice and quiet with just the background music and also there are no people to get into your shot. It really is quite nice actually if you're up for it.

*edit*

After doing some more research, I found out Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian is also open until 1:30AM. Though I'm not sure of the menu there, it does seem better to have another option that's available at that hour if you're staying at the resort.
    Sams shuts down food before the bar closes. I dont recall the time, but I know they did two "last calls".

• Former Churro Jockey

Yeah, IHOP as other's have said. That used to be the CM hangout after work when we had a shift that ended at 2AM. Any day of the week (especially summer) I could go to IHOP late at night and find at least ten other people from my department there. If you want to hear off-duty CM's talk about the cute girls they saw that day and the dumb things that management did that day then IHOP at 2AM is the place (or at least it used to be). If you have kids, then IHOP is NOT the place, but then they probably wouldn't be up at 2AM anyway.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast