Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filming "Tomorrowland" at Disneyland

Seen on the Facebook page for The Optimist Society that Brad Bird's film with George Clooney will be filming at Disneyland Feb. 4th and maybe 5th.

My guess it will be like "Saving Mr. Banks" and done early in the morning with areas roped off.

• Minion

Re: Filming "Tomorrowland" at Disneyland

I was wondering when dates were going to start popping up.

• Artistic integrity

As this is the only bit revealed about the plot so far:

"Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as 'Tomorrowland.' "

How does this translate into scenes into the hulk of junk known as the current Tomorrowland in Disneyland?

What are they going to do - Put a Peoplemover car on the PM track .. since it's all still there ... put a motor underneath .. and shoot a scene of George Clooney riding in it???

IF they did .... best form of advertisement .. to get a new Peoplemover built for Tomorrowland!!

yes-yes .... it's called Wishful Thinking. Can't blame a guy for dreaming.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

"Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as 'Tomorrowland.' "

How does this translate into scenes into the hulk of junk known as the current Tomorrowland in Disneyland?

What are they going to do - Put a Peoplemover car on the PM track .. since it's all still there ... put a motor underneath .. and shoot a scene of George Clooney riding in it???
    The premise of the movie is that all the cool stuff envisioned in Tomorrowland and the 1964 World's Fair way back actually existed in an alternate dimension and with the viral campaign last year, one of the portals to this dimension was located under It's a Small World at the Fair. George Clooney's character is a scientist that was booted out of that dimension by Hugh Laurie's character, a corrupted business minded guy that's turned the Tomorrowland dimension into more of a dystopia. Clooney will probably be going to Disneyland's Tomorrowland and going "Is this what I'm stuck with now?"
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Former Churro Jockey

Wow, so they've spent the last 20 years or so letting Tomorrowland deteroriate just so that it can look like a dystopian future in a George Clooney movie?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Wow, so they've spent the last 20 years or so letting Tomorrowland deteroriate just so that it can look like a dystopian future in a George Clooney movie?
    I see what you did there.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Interesting.

According to this article from yesterday, filming started in the fall of 2013, and they've already filmed in the US, Canada, the UK. The production is now in Spain.

George Clooney goes to Spain to film new Disney movie with Hugh Laurie playing the baddie | Mail Online

Part of the US filming that was already done took place at Walt Disney World in November inside of the Carousel of Progress, according to Inside the Magic.

€œTomorrowland€ films in Tomorrowland as Walt Disney World welcomes movie studio crew to shoot in Carousel of Progress | Inside the Magic

They've already filmed scenes at It's A Small World (in Canada!), but other than a few live sets, it looks like most of it will be CGI, as they filmed in front of blue screen.

SHOOT: Hugh Laurie As TOMORROWLAND Mayor At €œit€™s a small world€ Set At H.R. MacMillan Space Centre | yvrshoots

If true, I wonder what they will be filming...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

IF they did .... best form of advertisement .. to get a new Peoplemover built for Tomorrowland!!

yes-yes .... it's called Wishful Thinking. Can't blame a guy for dreaming.
    Hopefully there will be a PM in the movie, an updated version so they can build it in DL's TL

My guess they can film Space Mountain and the Subs. Maybe they can get a replica of an old Autopia and film that. Everything else has change of the old TL.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Interesting.According to this article from yesterday, filming started in the fall of 2013, and they've already filmed in the US, Canada, the UK. The production is now in Spain.
    I can't say when filming started for sure on the movie, but they have been filming since at least summer 2013 as they were in the British Columbia interior and others place in August 2013, so by fall they had been filming for a couple months at least.

They started filming August 8th in British Columbia according to the Vancouver Sun.

• Artistic integrity

okay ... well I just got the premise. Sort of.

the cast of the film actually journey to actual attractions that existed at the fair .. or other Disney theme park rides.

I thought it was far more "elusive" (abstract?) ... Original .. no connection whatsoever to Disney Theme Park rides. Well now we know .. that's part of the plot.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

If you happen to have an iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) there is a neat Tomorrowland app that has some very interesting stuff related to the film.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My Avatar: Duck vs. Monorail, Disneyland 3/18/11

•   

Now that disney is doing movies at the parks, I think they should do a movie of walt disney when he was building disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
    If you happen to have an iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) there is a neat Tomorrowland app that has some very interesting stuff related to the film.
    only on apple? not on android or windows?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    They've already filmed scenes at It's A Small World (in Canada!), but other than a few live sets, it looks like most of it will be CGI, as they filmed in front of blue screen.

SHOOT: Hugh Laurie As TOMORROWLAND Mayor At “it’s a small world” Set At H.R. MacMillan Space Centre | yvrshoots
    The set looks like the World's Fair entrance, not the original Disneyland entrance. I wonder what that's about. Or maybe they are doing a mashup of both.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    The set looks like the World's Fair entrance, not the original Disneyland entrance. I wonder what that's about. Or maybe they are doing a mashup of both.
    The World's Fair is a major location in the film, as I described earlier, and was a significant part of the viral campaign last summer.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast