Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    I just want to know when Disneyland changed from a family oriented destination (including small children) to a destination populated by immature adults acting like they're 10 years old?

    I have a hard time believing the OPs story. I'm not saying the stroller contact didn't happen but I'm sure the aftermath wasn't as lopsided as the OP wants us to believe. I'm sure the "bad" mother isn't as bad as the OP makes her out to be.

    Most people like to complain about children in restaurants, in movies and now even in Disneyland. I believe that parents should be responsible for their kids but holy cow, give us a chance to be responsible parents before you get so upset that you're at risk of a stroke.

    Children are not the enemy so stop acting like them and everything that comes with them is such a huge problem. I would wager that the most venomous criticizers of children at Disneyland are going to be doing the same thing when they have kids. I also think that it might be time to cut back on your three times a week visit to Disneyland if the strollers and kids are causing so much drama in your life.

    The last time I went to Disneyland I was extremely annoyed at the adults acting like kids. I saw plenty of grown adults clogging up the line for character meet and greets and preventing small children from seeing their favorite character. All I saw were grown adults posing for pictures with Mickey with pouty lips and forked fingers over the eye a la Lady Gaga. These same people did nothing but monopolize Mickey's time with numerous photos until it was time for Mickey to take a break and leave a ton of small children sad and disappointed. I guess that doesn't matter though, just as long as a twenty something can get their Miley Cyrus "twerking" photo with Mickey.

    I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments. The point of my post was to illustrate that there are two sides to every coin and that what one person finds annoying with parents and kids most definitely has attributes that parents and kids find annoying. The person that passively hates children and their strollers shouldn't cast stones.

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    135

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    I just want to know when Disneyland changed from a family oriented destination (including small children) to a destination populated by immature adults acting like they're 10 years old?

    I have a hard time believing the OPs story. I'm not saying the stroller contact didn't happen but I'm sure the aftermath wasn't as lopsided as the OP wants us to believe. I'm sure the "bad" mother isn't as bad as the OP makes her out to be.

    Most people like to complain about children in restaurants, in movies and now even in Disneyland. I believe that parents should be responsible for their kids but holy cow, give us a chance to be responsible parents before you get so upset that you're at risk of a stroke.

    Children are not the enemy so stop acting like them and everything that comes with them is such a huge problem. I would wager that the most venomous criticizers of children at Disneyland are going to be doing the same thing when they have kids. I also think that it might be time to cut back on your three times a week visit to Disneyland if the strollers and kids are causing so much drama in your life.

    The last time I went to Disneyland I was extremely annoyed at the adults acting like kids. I saw plenty of grown adults clogging up the line for character meet and greets and preventing small children from seeing their favorite character. All I saw were grown adults posing for pictures with Mickey with pouty lips and forked fingers over the eye a la Lady Gaga. These same people did nothing but monopolize Mickey's time with numerous photos until it was time for Mickey to take a break and leave a ton of small children sad and disappointed. I guess that doesn't matter though, just as long as a twenty something can get their Miley Cyrus "twerking" photo with Mickey.

    I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments. The point of my post was to illustrate that there are two sides to every coin and that what one person finds annoying with parents and kids most definitely has attributes that parents and kids find annoying. The person that passively hates children and their strollers shouldn't cast stones.
    Not the OP, but no one in any part of this thread called the woman a "bad mother." There wasn't even a child in the stroller. I hardly think commenting on the frequent ramming done by strollers at Disneyland is indicative of a person who "hates" children. That seems a wee-bit of an over-reaction to anything said thus far.

    Disneyland is for "children" of all ages. I paid to get in and if I want to stand in line to get a picture with a character, I will do so and I am way over the age of 20.

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    90

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    The last time I went to Disneyland I was extremely annoyed at the adults acting like kids. I saw plenty of grown adults clogging up the line for character meet and greets and preventing small children from seeing their favorite character. All I saw were grown adults posing for pictures with Mickey with pouty lips and forked fingers over the eye a la Lady Gaga. These same people did nothing but monopolize Mickey's time with numerous photos until it was time for Mickey to take a break and leave a ton of small children sad and disappointed. I guess that doesn't matter though, just as long as a twenty something can get their Miley Cyrus "twerking" photo with Mickey.
    ...umm we have just as much right to meet any character we wish as well. We paid our own admission, and Disneyland is NOT for just kids. No, kids should not get special treatment in those cases and pushed infront of all the adults. Parents like that are the selfish ones, not the adults who simlpy want a picture.

    Disneyland is a place for all ages to come and act like a child again. I'm not going to apologize for being 29 and wanting to meet some of my favorite characters. I will be 30 when I go for Halloween (dressed up in costume too), and you better believe I will be standing in lines with my friends to meet the characters. Yes, I know it's just a person in a costume, but it's fun to pretend. Just because you get to a certain age doesn't mean you just die and stop having fun with fantasy and fiction.

    And also, I'm never going to have kids. Have absolutely no desire for the stress that comes with them. If I did however, I certainly wouldn't act like my child is entitled to everything and screw the paying adults...

  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    Not the OP, but no one in any part of this thread called the woman a "bad mother."
    You're right, there wasn't a direct statement calling the woman a bad mother. However, the "bad mother" moniker was insinuated not only by the OP but by many people after the fact. It's so darn easy to anonymously rant about "bad mothers" and their Volkswagon sized strollers on the internet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    I hardly think commenting on the frequent ramming done by strollers at Disneyland is indicative of a person who "hates" children. That seems a wee-bit of an over-reaction to anything said thus far.
    And I feel every single thread complaining about families, children and their over sized strollers is an over reaction as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    Disneyland is for "children" of all ages. I paid to get in and if I want to stand in line to get a picture with a character, I will do so and I am way over the age of 20.
    You are 100% correct and I would never try and take away your right to visit Mickey. However, as a 42 year old father I find it "amusing" that today's twenty something in Disneyland is no more mature then yesterday's 12 year old. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion and I hope you won't over react about it. Just like the OP and many others in this thread have a passive aggressive attitude towards children and strollers I have a passive aggressive opinion about grown adults acting like children.

    Like I said, I'm 42 and I love Disneyland. It's just I enjoy Disneyland in a much different manner then I did when I was 12 years old. Again, I apologize if my opinion offends anyone but I figured since this thread is all about passive aggressive opinions I might as well throw mine out there.

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    90

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Sounds like you believe that once you hit the "magical" age of 20 you should stop having fun with fantasy and fiction and view everything in a literal sense... extremely boring IMO. But that's you and that's me. Just because I grow up doesn't mean I have to be boring.

  6. #51

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendie View Post
    Sounds like you believe that once you hit the "magical" age of 20 you should stop having fun with fantasy and fiction and view everything in a literal sense... extremely boring IMO. But that's you and that's me. Just because I grow up doesn't mean I have to be boring.
    I agree. However, it also means you don't have to act like a kid. There are ways for grown adults to have fun and live life to it's fullest without acting like they're 12 years old.

    Go to YouTube and watch the video titled "Evil woman steals ball from little girl (High Quality)". This is the same behavior I witness frequently at Disneyland, the "I paid my money so I'm going to act like a child and get what's mine no matter who I inconvenience or trample in the process" attitude. I'm sorry, I just feel like the woman in the video is a horrible, selfish and immature human being.

    Again, I'm sorry If my opinion offends anyone but it is my opinion concerning the thousands of grown adults acting like children and displaying behavior similar to what's in that video.

  7. #52

    • Misses Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca
    Posts
    978

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    WOW! This is so out of hand. Ok. As a 20 something, I acted like a giant child in the park, I have every right to. However, I have been hit in the back of the legs by strollers more times than I can count, most of them never stopping to apologize. Guess what, it happens. Move on. We all need to learn to respect each other. What has happened to this world. We are all there to have a happy day at Disneyland, and weather or not her apology sounded sincere, at least she said it!

    In a few months, I will be taking my kids the Disneyland for the first time, and since they will be 2 and 3, I am taking my double stroller, or I will rent one from a service for the week. And you know what, if I hit you, I am going to apologize. Whether it be walking in the crowd, or in a small shop, if I hit you on accident, that's my bad. And you can accept it, or say something. But know that if you say something snarky to me in return, that gives me the right to snap back. Sorry OP but you could have left well enough alone. I get it, it sucks, it hurt, been there. But are you a mother of 2? Have you any idea how hard it is to take care of 2 small children? Lady was probably exhausted, and perhaps that is why her apology didn't seem sincere to you. Give people a break, sheesh!

    Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    135

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    You're right, there wasn't a direct statement calling the woman a bad mother. However, the "bad mother" moniker was insinuated not only by the OP but by many people after the fact. It's so darn easy to anonymously rant about "bad mothers" and their Volkswagon sized strollers on the internet.




    And I feel every single thread complaining about families, children and their over sized strollers is an over reaction as well.




    You are 100% correct and I would never try and take away your right to visit Mickey. However, as a 42 year old father I find it "amusing" that today's twenty something in Disneyland is no more mature then yesterday's 12 year old. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion and I hope you won't over react about it. Just like the OP and many others in this thread have a passive aggressive attitude towards children and strollers I have a passive aggressive opinion about grown adults acting like children.

    Like I said, I'm 42 and I love Disneyland. It's just I enjoy Disneyland in a much different manner then I did when I was 12 years old. Again, I apologize if my opinion offends anyone but I figured since this thread is all about passive aggressive opinions I might as well throw mine out there.
    I have 4 kids and 1 grandchild and I, for one, love seeing the children enjoying Disneyland. I have a lot of sympathy for parents trying to maneuver a stroller through the park where they are cut-off constantly and can barely make it through the walkways at certain points. But you must also admit that there are many people who do use their strollers as battering rams. It is easy to see why there is so much animosity between the 2 factions.

    However, the stroller issue is completely apart from your other commentary about adults acting like children. Disneyland brings out the child in a lot of us and that, IMHO, is a great thing. I do enjoy it with the lust of a 12-year-old and I am not one bit ashamed of that fact and I am 47.

  9. #54

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    90

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    I agree. However, it also means you don't have to act like a kid. There are ways for grown adults to have fun and live life to it's fullest without acting like they're 12 years old.

    Go to YouTube and watch the video titled "Evil woman steals ball from little girl (High Quality)". This is the same behavior I witness frequently at Disneyland, the "I paid my money so I'm going to act like a child and get what's mine no matter who I inconvenience or trample in the process" attitude. I'm sorry, I just feel like the woman in the video is a horrible, selfish and immature human being.

    Again, I'm sorry If my opinion offends anyone but it is my opinion concerning the thousands of grown adults acting like children and displaying behavior similar to what's in that video.
    I agree with you about that video and those actions. However, if an adult is simply waiting in line for a character picture, that is NOT being "horrible, selfish or an immature human being." Sorry, but not sorry... I'm not going to let all the children behind me infront of me to meet the character first. I'd never get my picture if that was the case. I waited in line, I paid admission, I get my picture.

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    483

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    It would be great if we could all just calm down.

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    It would be great if we could all just calm down.
    I agree with your statement. However, I find it ironic that as a father of a 6 year old that has visited Disneyland with a stroller I have to constantly read and accept the countless threads waging an undocumented war on children and their strollers. Listen, there are plenty of things to complain about at Disneyland and the fact of the matter is that believe it or not, there probably is a valid complaint about each and every one of us concerning our personal behavior at Disneyland.

  12. #57

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    It would be great if we could all just calm down.
    Please. New thread:
    Other people's kids ... spreading the JOY!!!

  13. #58

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,830

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    The fact is that some people use strollers as battering rams or don't feel they need to pay close attention as they feel the other guy should watch out for them. Others do not. If you don't then there's nothing to see here for you. I see it like this; some people drive drunk, I do not. So when a bunch of people are bashing drunk drivers, I just shrug, knowing they're not talking about me. And I move along. I certainly don't accuse them of hating all drivers because they dislike drunk ones.

    You and your children deserve no more and no less than any other guest. That means standing in lines. The fact that the person in front of you is, in your opinion, 'too old' is irrelevant. Should the 'young at heart' not ride the FL rides because we're 'too old' for Peter Pan or Snow White?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  14. #59

  15. #60

    • Misses Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca
    Posts
    978

    Re: "... and no license is required!"

    Or people could just remember the magic words "Excuse me." I seem to use this often, but don't hear it so much in return.

    Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should we be required to take foreign laguage classes in H.S. and college?
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 03:43 AM
  2. The DCA Pin Quest and the best way to get the free pin
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 06:05 PM
  3. A Squirrel Flask! and some other fun links...
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
  4. Dating tips and stories
    By libraryvixen in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:59 PM
  5. Welcome Napsto....and everyone else too!
    By MickeyD in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 11:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •