Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomorrowland project to start while train stations are under refurbishment?

According to the touring plans website the train stations at disneyland are closing for a refurbishment on February 24. Do you think that they might be starting work on tomorrowland? The tomorrowland train station is next to the finding nemo submarines and autopia.

Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule

• Under that tree again!

Re: Tomorrowland project to start while train stations are under refurbishment?

I doubt there is a connection.

Also train station usual go down one at a time for refurbishment. They are probably working on the track itself and TP poorly reported that.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

The refurb has nothing to do with Star Wars. Disney hasn't even announced anything related to Star Wars going into the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    The refurb has nothing to do with Star Wars. Disney hasn't even announced anything related to Star Wars going into the park.
    this

Yeah they did bob iger said publicly that they are adding more Star Wars to the parks

• Artistic integrity

Michael Eisner also made the "Disney Decade" announcement too, back in 1989.

Point,
    even the very word of CEO's has to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's one mighty big leap to connect refurbs of the train stations .. to RUMORED "Star Wars" themed projects.

Why do people insist that anything Star Wars related has to be in Tomorrowland? There are other pockets around the DLR.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    Yeah they did bob iger said publicly that they are adding more Star Wars to the parks
    and he also said at the World of Color premiere that "Marvel is coming" and I doubt he meant only meet and greets
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

Another thing that has come to my mind .... time is ticking away at what's left of Iger's tenure. He's got 2 years left. If he wants something done .. and on his watch .. and be there for the dedication speech, it's not going to happen. (As Walt said to PL Travers) ... that ship has sailed!

There is no way they could start a major project now .. and have it ready .. even just before Iger steps down.

He's going to have Shanghai DL, and one new Star Wars film to 'christian' upon opening. Anything else .. is going to be under a different CEO.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Another thing that has come to my mind .... time is ticking away at what's left of Iger's tenure. He's got 2 years left. If he wants something done .. and on his watch .. and be there for the dedication speech, it's not going to happen. (As Walt said to PL Travers) ... that ship has sailed!

There is no way they could start a major project now .. and have it ready .. even just before Iger steps down.

He's going to have Shanghai DL, and one new Star Wars film to 'christian' upon opening. Anything else .. is going to be under a different CEO.
    He'll also have the final parts of New Fantasyland and possibly Avatar Land in WDW. Really, it's mostly that he won't have any other major projects at DLR to be around for.

• Minion

but he will get the 60th
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    He'll also have the final parts of New Fantasyland and possibly Avatar Land in WDW. .
    Avatar is scheduled to open in 2017.

He steps down in 2016.

He will not be around for Avatar's opening.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    but he will get the 60th
    Which doesn't mean much .. since the 60th appears to be shaping up to be something rather modest.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Minion

I think the better question is who will replace him? Will Disney look within for the next CEO? Could it be John Lasseter? Maybe Tom Staggs? I hope for anybody but Jay Rasulo
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Disney hasn't announced any specific plans for Star Wars in the parks. Not one thing.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Galactic Member

I doubt it has anything to do with a Star Wars or any expansion. Disneyland had record attendance over the holidays. There is no reason for them to spend money on new attractions when people keep coming to the park in droves. With the 60th coming, any new attractions should have been announced by now. I'm sure they will milk the 60th with a gooey heartfelt marketing campaign that will really pack them in.
    Galactic Member

This....
    For the love of Disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast