Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    292

    Fantasmic viewing question

    I have not seen Fantasmic in about 10 years and my family and I want to see it on our next trip (feb 14-17). I called the park and preferred seating is $60 for adults and $50 for kids 3-9. My question is what is the best strategy for getting a spot? just laying out a blanket at 7pm? leaving an adult with it I would guess.

    any suggestions would be great.

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    39

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    7PM is generally too late if you want front row against the railing. You may be able to get front row at 7 if the park is not crowded. I've always setup a blanket by 5PM at the latest. You will have to leave someone with your blanket.

  3. #3

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    292

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Gotcha, ok. Thank you for the information.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    456

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    This is not a rude or insulting question, just seeking some info, but if your children, ages 3-9 have never seen the show, how do they know that they want to invest that chunk of time to see a show 9:00 at night?

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    134

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Personally, I find the whole "camping out" thing starting at 5 p.m. extremely annoying. It is one area where they should really come up with a new strategy.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    901

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    Personally, I find the whole "camping out" thing starting at 5 p.m. extremely annoying. It is one area where they should really come up with a new strategy.
    Agree. I'd think it must be a drag for the people who feel they have to do it, and it definitely impacts foot traffic by ROA.
    It's a good show, worth watching. Last winter we splurged for a special occasion and got the preferred seating package. The deserts were great, and the hot chocolate (including refills!) was very welcome, as it was actually pretty cold that night.

  7. #7

    • Here's my 2 cents
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Potsdorf, Carpania
    Posts
    827

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    We usually show up about an hour before the show and stand against the railings just behind and left of the show control console, great view, but you'll have to fight to hold your position because when its nearly show time people try to shove in at the last minute and then ask if their kids can stand in front of us because they cant see. I become the ugly American at that point.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    949

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Be over near the Haunted Mansion as the first show ends and take a great seat for the second show as the first audience leaves.

    Or if you want to see the first show without waiting, go over to the area in front of the Haunted Mansion near the smoking pier. You can get near the water and see everything. It's a side view but the show works from anywhere.

  9. #9

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    292

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    This is not a rude or insulting question, just seeking some info, but if your children, ages 3-9 have never seen the show, how do they know that they want to invest that chunk of time to see a show 9:00 at night?
    We have talked about it with him, he has heard the music and has watched it on YouTube, but he has never seen it at the park.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    456

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    So, is only the nine year old staying up that late to see the show?

  11. #11

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    292

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    So, is only the nine year old staying up that late to see the show?
    We have one child that is five. The 3-9 is the age range for the $50 preferred seats. And yes at Disneyland we would allow him to stay up to see the show.

  12. #12

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Can he stay up to see the 10:30PM show? Because the best strategy for getting good seats is to hide in the New Orleans Square shops during the first Fantasmic, watch and wait guest control to start clearing out the guests (they won't allow guests waiting in Adventureland or Frontierland to enter until they've cleared out the previous audience), and then swoop in behind the departing audience and grab your spot.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  13. #13

    • Murphy Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, California, United States
    Posts
    262

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    We usually show up about an hour before the show and stand against the railings just behind and left of the show control console, great view, but you'll have to fight to hold your position because when its nearly show time people try to shove in at the last minute and then ask if their kids can stand in front of us because they cant see. I become the ugly American at that point.
    I usually grab a spot in that same area. My son and I used to watch the Fireworks, then hustle on over to Fantasmic and we almost always got a spot just to the left of the control area on the railing.

    I have to agree that people will try to push their way in, but stand your ground!
    Last edited by Cadensmama07; 01-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead




  14. #14

    • "What? What?"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    473

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Can he stay up to see the 10:30PM show? Because the best strategy for getting good seats is to hide in the New Orleans Square shops during the first Fantasmic, watch and wait guest control to start clearing out the guests (they won't allow guests waiting in Adventureland or Frontierland to enter until they've cleared out the previous audience), and then swoop in behind the departing audience and grab your spot.
    This is the way to go. We don't hide or anything, but rather just walk up when most of the crowd has moved. You pretty much get your pick.

  15. #15

    • Here's my 2 cents
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Potsdorf, Carpania
    Posts
    827

    Re: Fantasmic viewing question

    OK, I just re read the OP, are you going to camp out for the preferred seating dessert package? or camping out for a good spot to see the show?

    I've done the dessert package a few times, all the seating is good and they seat in a methodical way, not first come first served, but it has been a few years since I've done that so things may have changed

    Back in the day (90's) the dessert buffet was on the balcony of the dream suite, only held 20 people and cost $30 oh how things have changed!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] World Of Color Viewing Question!
    By MTdizzle94 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
  2. [Question] Fantasmic Viewing Plan
    By kibia16 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:07 AM
  3. [Question] Arial's Grotto World of Color viewing question.
    By cromag in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM
  4. Fantasmic Viewing Question
    By JeanA in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
  5. fantasmic viewing question
    By dchun2007 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •