Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• World of Color

Thumbs down Thunder Mountain Delayed Again

According to the Disneyland website Thunder Mountain has been delayed again. The calendar only goes up until March 6 so the refurb could be longer.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/cal...ult/2014/03/06

Re: Thunder Mountain Delayed Again

There was a post somewhere on here that indicated this. I guess they need more time. It's unfortunate, but they need to get done what they need to get done.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    There was a post somewhere on here that indicated this. I guess they need more time. It's unfortunate, but they need to get done what they need to get done.
    What's even more unfortunate is the amount of E and D tickets that they now have down for march including Indy, Soarin and others.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I'm pretty sure they'll change it accordingly.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO RIDE IT!! Every time I go, it's closed. Eoenejwbsjdkeie better be open in July! Haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FaireBrat View Post
    I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO RIDE IT!! Every time I go, it's closed. Eoenejwbsjdkeie better be open in July! Haha
    I'm beginning to think it won't be open this time next year... I'm thinking of caling the park tomorrow and asking if there is ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE to find out if it could open whether for soft open or finished by the time I get there
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

BTMRR, Space Mountain, Indy, Disneyland RR, Nemo, and Soarin closed at the same time? Yikes.

• The doctor is in

I'm expecting them to delay the refurb for Indy or Space Mountain, similar to them delaying the refurb of Pirates. Having that many big rides closed during the Spring Break crowds is basically shooting themselves in the foot. Wait times will be even longer and people will be mad.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I'm beginning to think it won't be open this time next year... I'm thinking of caling the park tomorrow and asking if there is ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE to find out if it could open whether for soft open or finished by the time I get there
    The park won't know. It isn't in their hands until the construction/Imagineering teams are done completely and hand it over to park operations.

Plus, they aren't going to tell you.

They will open it when they are sure it is safe and working properly. And with brand new everything, that takes a lot of testing and sometimes bugs that you weren't expecting at all crop up and have to be resolved. They can't even train CMs on it until they get the thing all working. Plus the trains all have to put in a set amount of hours running around the ride before they can open it. Patience. It will open. And it isn't as if they are just slacking and not opening it. They are working their butts off.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Its odd, I feel like if my dad even has a 2 week delay on a job from expected completion to actual completion that he loses that customer. If he had a 4 month+ delay he'd never get another job. Obviously its a different job type, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm willing to bet TDA is not happy with how things are going on it so far. They wanted it open before the holidays and now its going to be barely (if at all) open for spring break.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Not the Hawkguy

Its odd, I feel like if my dad even has a 2 week delay on a job from expected completion to actual completion that he loses that customer. If he had a 4 month+ delay he'd never get another job. Obviously its a different job type, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm willing to bet TDA is not happy with how things are going on it so far. They wanted it open before the holidays and now its going to be barely (if at all) open for spring break.
    We already know the scope of work changed at least once during the project (to add all the extra safety stuff) so at this point it's become obvious that Disney wants to do this rebuild right instead of rushing it. Which is exactly what they should do, especially with a new ride system in place that has all kinds of bugs to work out.

sonofabiscuit!!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• I'm not really here

TDA is happier with a ride that is built properly and doesn't have to be shut down again later to fix issues that could be taken care of by pushing back now. One extended closure is better than having to close a 2nd time a little later on. And it is Disney pushing back, not a delay on a contractors part, so the analogy really doesn't work either.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The doctor is in

I think the point mickeyfan42 is making is if this keeps having to be pushed back, is it really Disney making the decisions to make sure the ride is as good as it could be or is it because the contractors they hired screwed something up?

If it's the latter, I would bet something major was done incorrectly to keep delaying the opening like this.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dreaming of next trip

I am only a little disappointed that it will be down even longer, but when I consider that it took me 5 tries before I was able to ride it before because it kept breaking down. Once we were next in line to board when it broke.
    If it is Disney that is delaying it they want to make sure that it runs well, I hope it runs better than it did before.
    If it is the contractor that has messed things up, they are in a world of hurt. I am sure that a Disney contract has clauses where the contractor has to pay up or work for free if they do not perform properly.

When peoples lives and health are involved it is always to be better safe than sorry.
    I hope it opens on or before the new stated time though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast