• Party Planning King

Question Birthday Merchandise Question

Hi folks. This is just a quick question for the locals. My partner and I will be heading out to Disneyland this Spring to celebrate our birthdays (his is the day before mine). I came across this set of mouse ears for sale online (image attached) and love them. Before I buy them though, I'm wondering if they are sold at the parks. So my question is are these birthday ears readily available on site? Also, are there any other styles of b-day mouse ears out there? Thanks for your insight!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  41.9 KB
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Re: Birthday Merchandise Question

Just want to say "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Birthday" and remind you to get your buttons at Town Hall!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Yeah, make sure you go get a button, every cast member you come across will wish you a Happy Birthday and it's a nice thing...haven't seen that particular ears in the park, but then again I haven't looked at the ears in awhile.

I'll say this though, if you can get it before you get to the park, do so. Even if it is still available in the park, sometimes you have to go hunting to different stores, and that's a drag when you want to be doing rides and attractions.

• Minion

should I get my birthday button the day before to take full advantage of it? My breakfast on my B-day is before opening at Ariel's Grotto
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

I got those birthday ears last year in the park. I'm not sure what they have now, but it is very likely that they still sell them or something similar. I got them from the hat shop on Main Street, right at the very front. Also, Happy Birthday to you both!

I've never seen those Mickey ears in the parks they look really new to me but they could have been starting to sell at the parks recently because I haven't been an annual pass holder for a year and I went two weeks ago and didn't go to any shops so I might be wrong

We bought those ears 3 years ago for my sons birthday. Look in the shop on the right hand side of Main Street, near where they do /did the silhouettes. Plus you can have them embroider your name on them as well. Happy Birthday x 2!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    should I get my birthday button the day before to take full advantage of it? My breakfast on my B-day is before opening at Ariel's Grotto
    You could do that. They don't ask for proof, or insist that you wait until your actual birthday to get your pin. I recall seeing two women who sort of looked alike wearing Happy Birthday pins. When I wished them Happy Birthday (lots of other guests normally do this, too - not just cast members), I asked them if they were twins. They said no, they were cousins and their birthdays were a few days (and some years) apart, but they were celebrating together that day. Both their birthdays were actually at least a week away.
    Name:  mickey-mouse-happy-birthday.gif
Views: 209
Size:  25.2 KB

• Party Planning King

Thanks for your replies. I hadn't considered it would be difficult to find the mouse ears among all the park merchandise. I can easily enough order them online, but do hope to still have them embroidered when we arrive. If nobody is certain that they are currently being sold at the gift shops now, buying from the web will become my plan. I appreciate everyone's comments. I wont forget about our birthday buttons, that's the easy part! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I hadn't considered it would be difficult to find the mouse ears among all the park merchandise. I can easily enough order them online, but do hope to still have them embroidered when we arrive. If nobody is certain that they are currently being sold at the gift shops now, buying from the web will become my plan. I appreciate everyone's comments. I wont forget about our birthday buttons, that's the easy part! Cheers!
    ... and it's also fun sometimes to keep a count of how many "Happy Birthdays" you get.
    When I got my button on my birthday a couple of years back I asked the castmember if there was anything special I could expect by wearing it. I was told that about a hundred people would wish me Happy Birthday, so we started counting. I think it only got to about 53.

• I am number 4 of 999

I'm planning to go to the park either today or tomorrow. I will make note of where they are and report back. Pretty positive they are in World of Disney (Downtown Disney) and The Mad Hatter (on Main Street).
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• 2013-14 Premium APer

They have them at DCA near Paradise Gardens, I checked today. THey're probably in other places as well...

• I am number 4 of 999

Yeah, they were pretty much everywhere. In fact, I saw them so often that I stopped making a mental note of where they were for this thread. You really shouldn't have a problem buying them when you get to the parks.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Meh

Yep you can still get those in the ears shops throughout the parks! Happy birthday, hope you have a great time!!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Party Planning King

I just realized that some kind folks here kept an eye out for me and answered my question. Thank you so much for the confirmation!

Only 28 more days. So anxious!