Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dapper Day?

Re: Dapper Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkd View Post
    We are going, in fact there are 3 families of us coming from Phoenix. We are all dressing on Sunday. My family has been working on our stuff for a few months now. My boys 16 & 17 are totally into it, from spats to hats, I made a 1920's flapper dress, Tinkerbell inspired, I'm dragging my husband along reluctantly, but he'll have a few things on, not to look left out. Our friends will be Dapper as well. We are staying on Property, I was so happy with the discounts. Since we don't get to come as often as I like being out of town, the discounts made my day! We'll be there for some of the meet ups, I can't wait to see all the outfits. I head the hotels sold out of the discount rooms, so it's probably going to be busy....
    I hope you post a trip report with pictures of the outfits you worked on!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures! Are you staying on property?
    Yessir! We always stay at the GCH, and this time is no exception.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Man... we leave TOMORROW! We aren't ready, and with having no home internet and no ETA on service restoration coupled with me trying to WFH with a full day of meetings and deliverables up until the time we are scheduled to leave, tonight and tomorrow are going to be STRESSFUL. If I have to make the 45minute commute to the office tomorrow to work I'm going to be killed by the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Man... we leave TOMORROW! We aren't ready, and with having no home internet and no ETA on service restoration coupled with me trying to WFH with a full day of meetings and deliverables up until the time we are scheduled to leave, tonight and tomorrow are going to be STRESSFUL. If I have to make the 45minute commute to the office tomorrow to work I'm going to be killed by the wife.
    Hopefully everything will work out smoothly for you! Good luck and it's going to be worth it whatever headache you may encounter on the way!

• Mouseke-Awesome

Safe travels to anyone hitting the road tomorrow/Saturday!!! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon myself, I can't wait to (hopefully) see some of you in person!!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• :)

the 22nd is my Birthday and it's always been a tradition for us to go to Disneyland, is it uncomfortable to dress up all day at Disneyland? I normally wear my Nike's and t shirts when I'm in the park as a guest...

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    the 22nd is my Birthday and it's always been a tradition for us to go to Disneyland, is it uncomfortable to dress up all day at Disneyland? I normally wear my Nike's and t shirts when I'm in the park as a guest...
    You can definitely still dress up and be comfortable!! It's do-able

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think if you are smart about what you choose to wear and find ways to make it more comfortable, it shouldn't be a problem. I've even worn black running shoes in the past and put spats over them. You couldn't tell they were running shoes unless you looked closer. It's important to be comfortable and there are many tricks on how to make it work while still being stylish. I always see girls walking around in heels and wonder about how much pain they must be in. Wear flats girls! It's not worth it!

And happy birthday!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I always see girls walking around in heels and wonder about how much pain they must be in. Wear flats girls! It's not worth it!
    I wore very low heels on Dapper Day. They were dance shoes... and still hurt! I NEVER wear heels, though. I'm all for flats.

I made the mistake of wearing those same heels for fall dapper day last September when I was 7 months pregnant.... regrets.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Our first dapper day we ever participated in the girls decided wore heels. I told them before we left to change their shoes because they are going to be in pain later. They insisted on the heels and ended up hating life that day. Haha!

• Selfie Expert

I carried flats with me, and switched into heels for photos. For the most part, shoes don't even make it into the photos!

Hats off to girls that can wear them. I can't even walk in them without looking like a drunk T-Rex.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Can't go this weekend, but you guys are making me wish I could!

• Mouseke-Awesome

No flipping way I would wear heals around the park. Might look nice but it wouldn't be worth it. Flats are so much more comfortable and still dapper-appropriate

• Disneyland Dreamer

The kidlettes wore heals last year. The oldest kid is wearing some this year. Middle kid, could't find her any, and wife is wearing heals too.

Kiddlettes in heals are cute.

The oldest has mastered the dark art of levitation, so maybe that's how she doesn't mind rocking heals all day at DLR.

Very cute! ... but do their feet hurt after wearing heels all day around the parks?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast