Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dapper Day?

Dapper Day?

Hello

We have about a month away till the spring Dapper Day. I was just curious of who was planning on going? If you haven't been, I highly recommend checking it out. Even if you are not participating, it's great to see everyone dressed up. It really takes you back to another time. Plus it won't be 90 degrees like last time. That was brutal but still worth it.

I'll be there with my Dapper crew. In the fall we were the Dapperized Disney Villains. This time we are going as something completely different. However, I can't reveal until the day of. But we've been working on it for quite awhile now.

Anyways, just wanted to know who was going on Feb 23. You can get discounted tickets and hotel rooms through their website (yes, it's legit).

Feb 22-23, 2014 DISNEYLAND - DAPPER DAY

• formerly very helpful

Re: Dapper Day?

I've never been, partially because the idea of NOT being casual at Disneyland seems unfun to me. But since I now wear bow ties frequently (bow ties are cool), I'm thinking about going on Sunday. Have to look at my schedule and see if I can make it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I heard some guy last night on Coast To Coast Radio saying that he's the reincarnation of Orville Reddenbacher because he was born on the day he died and he likes to wear bow ties.

• Minion

If it wasn't on a Sunday, I'd probably go.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I heard some guy last night on Coast To Coast Radio saying that he's the reincarnation of Orville Reddenbacher because he was born on the day he died and he likes to wear bow ties.
    Not me! I wear it in honor of a certain doctor I know who hangs around a blue box.

• Selfie Expert

Oooohh!!! I so wish I could go! Our daughter would only be about 2.5 months old, and although I would still be willing to take her at that age I just can't justify the costs right now. I don't plan to ever make a trip for Dapper Day in September again, it was way too uncomfortable to be dressed up, but I'm hoping we will be there for Spring Dapper Day in 2015!

I can't wait to see what your group has in store for next month. Looking forward to everyone's photos!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I am going! We fly in that morning so we will probably be at the park around noon.

• Disneyland Dreamer

We are driving out from Phx on the 21st...Driving back night of the 23rd... Hotel and tickets are purchased, I've got my outfits, the kids have theirs, and the wife is working on her's.

• Chief Troublemaker

BFF & I will get there around 2pm after a 7 hour drive. Not going to go full Dapper after that drive! But we're thinking about doing something as a homage to all of you. Fancy headbands or corsages, maybe?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Oooohh!!! I so wish I could go! Our daughter would only be about 2.5 months old, and although I would still be willing to take her at that age I just can't justify the costs right now. I don't plan to ever make a trip for Dapper Day in September again, it was way too uncomfortable to be dressed up, but I'm hoping we will be there for Spring Dapper Day in 2015!

I can't wait to see what your group has in store for next month. Looking forward to everyone's photos!!
    Your pictures were awesome from last time! I really enjoyed them. I also know what you mean by being tight on money... I think we are all in the same boat in some way. Hopefully you'll get to bring the little one come next year if she's ready. I always adore the families who come dressed together.

I hope everyone takes pictures and shares them. You can also submit your pictures via facebook and have them featured on the Dapper Day website. Look forward to seeing you all look fabulous!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I hope everyone takes pictures and shares them. You can also submit your pictures via facebook and have them featured on the Dapper Day website. Look forward to seeing you all look fabulous!
    I should source up a vintage-esque camera bag to round out the look.

We'll be there later on Saturday evening and on Sunday. Something to remember is that it is Saturday and Sunday this year. Looking forward to it.
    -Marcus

• First star to the right..

My friends and I will be there all weekend! Can't wait!!! First time dressing up so should be amazingly awesome!!!

• Sock Puppet

I'll be there, it's going to be PACKED though

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast