Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How would you react if...

Disney were to close Monsters Inc. or Muppet Vision and NOT announce what was going in it's place? The closure would be announced so everyone could say their last good byes, but the rest would be unknown to the public. However, they would GUARANTEE that a brand new experience would take it's a place. It could be a ride, a show, a restaurant, etc. Would you be excited or absolutely terrified?
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Minion

Re: How would you react if...

I would try to maintain cautious optimism.

• I'm not really here

I would await further information before making any judgement. As always, cautiously optimistic.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

So you are asking if we have blind faith in the TDA? if so,I would have to say the only one I had that kind of faith in was Walt Disney.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
    Disney were to close Monsters Inc. or Muppet Vision and NOT announce what was going in it's place? The closure would be announced so everyone could say their last good byes, but the rest would be unknown to the public. However, they would GUARANTEE that a brand new experience would take it's a place. It could be a ride, a show, a restaurant, etc. Would you be excited or absolutely terrified?
    I would be sad if they closed Monsters.

• Singing Drinker

I'd expect a loss of capacity at the park that would not be filled for at least 7-10 years.

Closing with no statement at all would also be different than a *guarantee* of new material of some nature going into the spot. Look at Hollywood & Dine - was a public space, got carved off the park and other than sporadic use as a special events location has otherwise not been used. Festival of Fools arena went from regular use stage to corporate arena with occasional special event usage.

Sorry, just a ticky tacky point on that one
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'd be slightly irritated and slightly skeptical. I think, if they really were planning some new thing, then the time to close the current thing it'd be replaced by is when you need to begin work on the new thing, which implies they know what the new thing is. If so, it's much better from a marketing perspective to say what that new thing is. Then you build excitement for the new thing. The only reason to close the attraction that currently has decent throughput is if you're ready to start replacing it with something you expect to have better throughput. (exception being a major safety concern)

Saying "We'll replace it. Later. Can't say what yet," to me, means there is no plan. So yeah, maybe it'll get replaced, but who knows when or with what. Not a very positive type of announcement. It'd be a stupid PR move too.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I wouldn't be able to sleep! From excitement to anxiety of what they would replace it with, I wouldn't stop thinking about it.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• The doctor is in

I would be bummed if they closed Monsters Inc. I would try and stay optimistic about what would be replacing it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Blew By You

The fine art of LYING. Just like Rocket Rods.

• Your cadaverous pallor

Depends what was comming but I would still cry like a man

Both I'd be excited because it's a new ride but then I'd be terrified bacause if it's not announced we wont know what it is and it might be a terrible idea

Neither would bother me initially. If they continued to stay closed for a couple of years I'd be concerned. I'm not a fan of just reducing capacity if there is no plan to increase it again.

I would be optimistic about this one. Muppetvision has never really gotten the attention it deserves like out East here in DCA and Monsters Inc is a decent ride but at the end of the day, it still is to me a "fix" for the abomination that Superstar Limo was.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I'd be disappointed about MuppetVision (unless they said they were replacing it with a Muppets-based attraction). I'd be happy about them ditching Monsters Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast