Thread: Spring Break

Spring Break

I'm going to Disneyland during Spring Break this year (March 20th) and I was wondering, I'm sure that Disneyland will be PACKED and if anyone has any tips on how to survive the parks???
    Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Spring Break

Quote Originally Posted by chechire cat View Post
    I'm going to Disneyland during Spring Break this year (March 20th) and I was wondering, I'm sure that Disneyland will be PACKED and if anyone has any tips on how to survive the parks???
    Thanks!
    1.) Get there early.
    2.) Fast passes (get the hi-demand rides, like RSR fp first, if you want to get on them at all).
    3.) DL is usually more crowded than DCA - you can go to DCA when the crowds at DL get too bad - and maybe even chill out in the Carthay Circle lounge for a little bit.

Single rider lines, even with a group. You'll sit separate but it can save a *lot* of time and you can discuss the ride when you're all done.

With Easter so far into April, Spring Break is six or more weeks long, so I think this will take the pressure off of "Spring Break" Find it hard to believe that the crowded Christmas weeks that we just finished would carry over into Spring Break. there has to be an end somewhere to veteran DL visitors returning to the park. I was there in 2010 on your date and found no problem following Scarlet's points. Early cannot be stressed enough. They are now taking photographs so this hinders time at the gate. Also, not sure because there have been different experiences if they are opening the Spring break gates early into rope drop or at the gate only. During my Christmas, we entered into rope drop, so there was no people empty spots for pantographs and everyone was headed to peter pan. So if you do the park in sections you will have no problem....IF....all the attractions are operating!!!

• MaliBOOMer

I went last year during Spring Break with friends. Get there an hour before opening and stay till close. Make sure you get the next Fast Pass as soon as you can. Waits that are less than 45-minutes for the major attractions are rare but do happen sometimes. Take advantage of this. Eat Lunch and dinner and hour before or after the meal rush. Also single rider lines are the way to go. Remember it's going to be insanely packed, even people eaters like Mansion and Pirates will have unbelievable lines. Just try not to let the crowds get to you.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

For sure no room to operate a pantograph, better luck with a photograph. Not really sure how pantograph ended up in the place of a Disneyland photograph on my spell check. That is what happens listening to the news, a barking dog and writing here on micehat. Though it could be in the first year at Disneyland, folks did some type of pantographs

• Minion

- Visit theater attractions such as Innoventions, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, Main Street Opera House, It's Tough to be a Bug, and the Animation Academy (inside Animation Building at DCA), as these attractions have shorter wait times.

-Use Fastpass to your advantage on the most popular rides. Otherwise, the popular attractions have the shortest waits in the morning right after the park opens and at night right before the park closes.

-Don't view fireworks from Main Street, as it is a very packed place to view them. Instead, consider watching the fireworks from the Small World Mall, as there are less people.

- Don't leave the park right after fireworks, as there will be a massive clob of guests trying to exit at this time.

Don't be in a rush and just soak up the atmosphere. If you know you're going to deal with crowds in advance and resign yourself to it you will deal with it much better.

• Little Green Man

My family has a trip planned for the weekend AFTER Easter this year.

I've gone Spring Break and even on Easter itself multiple times, but I'm hoping this will not be as busy.

Any guesses how busy this should be?

• Love Disney!

One trick my family did, was to go on the popular rides just before the park closes. Most people clear out, so in the last 60-30 mins you can hit some rides with no waiting. If you can get a "Magic Morning" pass (usually by staying at one of the Disney Hotels) you can get into the park 1-hour early which is really great. Have fun!