Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Does anyone else think they should have made RSR FASTER???

Even 10mph faster would have made a big difference. Is Test Track at WDW that slow? The thrill portion of the ride is just kind of a tease.

Re: Does anyone else think they should have made RSR FASTER???

I think it's fine, I just wish it was longer. I think Test Track is faster though, that ride is a thrill. But too short.

•   
    • Minion

i wish it were longer I think the speed is fine for what the attraction is.

I rode it once right after it opened and I wasn't overly impressed with the speed. Of course that was after waiting in line for close to 3 hours, which may have skewed my opinion. I certainly didn't feel it was worth that long of a wait.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    Even 10mph faster would have made a big difference. Is Test Track at WDW that slow? The thrill portion of the ride is just kind of a tease.
    Test Track hits 65 mph at its thrill portion, significantly faster than RSR. Its turns are highly banked and wider, however.

• -

The speed is just fine. While not as fast as Test Track, it more than makes up for it with the great scenery, tight turns, and bunny hills. Test track is pretty flat on the outdoor portion and all the speed is on the straight away portion. Also, there is not much to look at.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MaliBOOMer

It absolutely needs to be faster. RSR's thrill section is not even close to thrilling. The acceleration is slow, the turns are slow, the top speed is slow, and the bunny hills are too slow to even get any air time. The racing portion is more like a relaxing car drive.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    It absolutely needs to be faster. RSR's thrill section is not even close to thrilling. The acceleration is slow, the turns are slow, the top speed is slow, and the bunny hills are too slow to even get any air time. The racing portion is more like a relaxing car drive.
    I agree! It does not feel like we are racing. I do enjoy the scenery and dark ride portions however.

I think that RSR is fine the way it is. Keep in mind that it was designed to be a hybrid of Test Track (long straight aways, high speeds, banked turns) and Journey to the Center of the Earth (Tight turns, drops, slower speeds). I think its a best of both world's situation where the speed is good and when combined with the few bunny hills that the racing portion has, in my opinion you get a fair amount of air time but not to much to discourage younger children from riding. RSR is a "Family Attraction" after all.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I think that RSR is fine the way it is. Keep in mind that it was designed to be a hybrid of Test Track (long straight aways, high speeds, banked turns) and Journey to the Center of the Earth (Tight turns, drops, slower speeds). I think its a best of both world's situation where the speed is good and when combined with the few bunny hills that the racing portion has, in my opinion you get a fair amount of air time but not to much to discourage younger children from riding. RSR is a "Family Attraction" after all.

But if it went say somewhere along the lines of Big Thunders speed I don't think it would stop families from riding.

• Some imagination, huh?

It goes much faster than Big Thunder. BTMRR goes a top speed of 28 mph whereas RSR hits a top speed of 40 mph. That being said I would have loved if RSR went faster as the disparity from 40 mph and 65 mph (TT) is pretty big and you can feel the difference for sure. The way RSR's track is setup I do not believe it should go faster than 40 mph as the bank were pretty tight and I'm sure the g-forces going 65 mph on the same bank were way too intense for families and the like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyZealotBJP View Post
    It goes much faster than Big Thunder. BTMRR goes a top speed of 28 mph whereas RSR hits a top speed of 40 mph. That being said I would have loved if RSR went faster as the disparity from 40 mph and 65 mph (TT) is pretty big and you can feel the difference for sure. The way RSR's track is setup I do not believe it should go faster than 40 mph as the bank were pretty tight and I'm sure the g-forces going 65 mph on the same bank were way too intense for families and the like

Wow I had no idea they went 40mph, I wonder why the feel so slow to me. Maybe it's time to ride again. I've only been on once, over a year ago. I always get there too late for a fast pass and don't have the patience for a 120 minute line.

• Artistic integrity

The speed on this is just fine.

You know the faster any thrill ride goes ... the higher risk there is for injury.

There was this argument on another thread several weeks ago. Someone criticized me about a reply I had on rides like Goliath, and X2 at Magic Mountain. That ultimately, they think, are just fine ... they are safe .. nothing wrong.

You have to question, though: Where do you set the limit, before it aggravates the human body enough to seek first aid, or the hospital?

Disney learned the hard way with Mission:Space several years ago .. after a couple deaths. And since .. offer 2 different experiences - And turned one arm off, by not making spin .. but still pitch like a simulator.

Sorry ..but for those who are under 30, and want intense speeds on rides .. you know .. there is Magic Mountain an hour north above LA.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I actually discussed this issue with an Imagineer at the first D23 Expo. I asked him what the speed was going to be and voiced a bit of concern at his answer.

The Imagineer told me that while it would be nice if it went faster, physically it would be impossible. He explained to me that the track is a lot shorter than Test Track because there isn't enough room for it. The cars simply cannot go any faster because of this. This is also one reason that the track banks so steeply in the corners. The added g-force gives the illusion that you are going faster than you really are.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 01-27-2014 at 04:37 AM.

• Donald's #1 Fan

I think it's fine. It's a car ride!!!! It's heavily themed, beautiful and special. Besides, I always get a 70 mph ride, anyway - it's called "commuting".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast