Can you always hold a FastPass for RS Racers AND another attraction?

I received this yesterday. I ask because, as an AP, I rarely get to the park at opening. My girlfriend and I bought passes for her niece and nephew for Christmas. When we took them last time, her 5-year old nephew was so excited to go on the ride. We got there at opening, went to go wait in line for a FastPass, and CMs were standing in front of the FP entrance telling everyone the ride was down and they didn't expect it to open all day. It didn't.

Anyway, we went yesterday and were able to secure a FastPass for the ride. Even though I have ridden it several times, I've never done so by FastPass. So imagine my surprise with what is written on the pass

Name:  90c3efd285ec11e3954d124c6a2bf881_8.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  123.6 KB

Is this typical?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Can you always hold a FastPass for RS Racers AND another attraction?

Yes.

They wanted guests to know they weren't being limited to a single FP by this single attraction. Because getting a RSR FP is the first thing people do, they didn't want them to think that a return time that could be toward the end of the day meant they could not get anymore FPs.

This is true anyway, just not commonly known. On other FPs you will see it list when you can get your next FP, but the case is 2 hours later, or at that time. It doesn't say 2 hours, but that was the maximum.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

And there are a few rides in both DL and DCA where the Fastpass machines aren't "On the network" for that time lockout. Or they deliberately don't check.

Search through old threads, someone did a study by running around and getting rejected because "You already hold a valid Fastpass for (X ride), you can get another in (45 minutes)." - except certain locations which always would issue one, unless you already had a valid and un-timed-out Fastpass for that ride.

--<< Bruce >>--

Oh, and you can't give your AP to a family member that gets up early to go running around to get a bunch of Fastpasses and then back to the hotel room to retreive you - It will get rejected with "This pass was not used for admission today." The Turnstile finks on you to the Fastpass systems.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes.

They wanted guests to know they weren't being limited to a single FP by this single attraction. Because getting a RSR FP is the first thing people do, they didn't want them to think that a return time that could be toward the end of the day meant they could not get anymore FPs.

This is true anyway, just not commonly known. On other FPs you will see it list when you can get your next FP, but the case is 2 hours later, or at that time. It doesn't say 2 hours, but that was the maximum.
    Maybe I wasn't clear, or maybe this is confusing me. As an avid user of FastPass, I take what is written on the FP to mean that I could walk directly to another FastPass ride and grab another FastPass immediately.

But what I think you're saying is that they merely wanted people to know that they could still get another FastPass during the day, but that the "when-your-FastPass-begins-or-in-two-hours-whichever-is-shorter" rule still applies.

You can get another one immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    And there are a few rides in both DL and DCA where the Fastpass machines aren't "On the network" for that time lockout. Or they deliberately don't check.

Search through old threads, someone did a study by running around and getting rejected because "You already hold a valid Fastpass for (X ride), you can get another in (45 minutes)." - except certain locations which always would issue one, unless you already had a valid and un-timed-out Fastpass for that ride.

--<< Bruce >>--

Oh, and you can't give your AP to a family member that gets up early to go running around to get a bunch of Fastpasses and then back to the hotel room to retreive you - It will get rejected with "This pass was not used for admission today." The Turnstile finks on you to the Fastpass systems.
    Yup. I remember when Thunder Mtn. went off network for a while. I took advantage of that.

I thought Roger Rabbit was on its own network, but it rejected me back in December while I was holding another FP.

Learned the entry one the hard way by taking my parents' passes to Disneyland with my GF and me. We weren't relying on them to work, but we got rejected.

However, If I remember correctly, I remember taking other passes that had been used for entry into Disneyland and getting FPs for Soarin' across the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyC View Post
    You can get another one immediately
    Intersting. I wonder if/when that'll change.

Thanks all for the info here. I'd just figured that you always couldn't get another fastpass until an hour after the one you'd already received!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

There were other cards with the barcodes in the right places that in the early days would earn you an extra Fastpass - then they learned.

For a while, the Engineers built a few Google-Whacks into the system, and it would come back with "You can't use your Gym Card for a Fastpass..." and other responses (supermarket check cards, School ID, etc.) from when they were playing around with the readers themselves and figured out which organization used that numbering system.

But then they dialed it back to a generic "This is not a valid admission ticket..."
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Thanks all for the info here. I'd just figured that you always couldn't get another fastpass until an hour after the one you'd already received!
    My mistake, you are right, it was one hour, not two. I haven't been able to test that in a few month.

Also while some FPs where disconnected I haven't checked on that either. WoC and RSR are technically disconnected, as is the DCA and DL system. Disconnected means it doesn't matter if you have a FP restricting when you can get another.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Ready for takeoff

Since Screamin' is not on the network, I had FastPasses for Screamin', RSR and Soarin within the first hour of the park opening. This was on Christmas morning, so I knew I had to stock up early!

Just FYI, the whole "which rides aren't networked" thing does not appear to be hard and fast, and lately, seems to change sometimes daily. I don't know the reasoning why sometimes Roger Rabbit is and a week later suddenly isn't, same with Screamin'. Other than as a nice reward for folks like us going around trying it...it's weird.

RSR is explicitly clear that it's on its own (for now). Totally separate from all other FPs. No time delay or waiting for your return time; you can get one for anything else in California Adventure that has them two minutes after getting your RSR FP. But the others seem to come and go whether they're networked or not (and they don't print anything on it to indicate it. You just have to try and see if it works.)

How difficult is it to get on RSR without a FP? Is it not recommended?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

The line is rarely under an hour except at park opening. So FP and/or the single rider line are recommended. It's not difficult. It's just time consuming.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    The line is rarely under an hour except at park opening. So FP and/or the single rider line are recommended. It's not difficult. It's just time consuming.
    And the single rider line can reach 45 minutes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Yeah, Single Rider is most often half the time of the standard line. On my recent trip, I was fortunate enough to get there early enough to get one FastPass... Then proceed to ride Single Rider four times.