Hollywood Land Idea

I'm not a big fan of adding Monsters Inc. and things of that nature to Hollywood Land in DCA. I don't know if similar ideas have been suggested, but I was thinking it would be cool to make a ride based off of the most famous movies/actors of the 1920's. Perhaps based on a story similar to the Artist, where the ride shows transitions from silent films to talkies. Maybe it could feature Charlie Chaplin as well as Mickey Mouse and show Mickey and film evolving throughout the ride.

It's a really rough idea, but I figured I'd shoot it out there to see if anyone liked it or could build on it and make it better.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Pan's Left-Hand Man

Re: Hollywood Land Idea

Kinda sounds like the Great Movie Ride at DHS... a duplicate of that ride at DCA would not get my vote.

My biggest problem with Hollywood Land is that it's so incongruous with itself. The whole northeast corner is such a mish-mash of ideas right now... Muppets, monsters, tea parties, locked up drive-ins... SOMETHING should be done.

I do like the idea of keeping with the "Old Hollywood" theme though and I'd love to see Imagineering come up with a way to mesh everything there.

Maybe something along the lines of following Mickey through his creation and the old ways of animating into the present... it could be retrospective and innovative, keep with the theme of Walt's early days in Hollywood, AND be a MICKEY ride!
    "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
    J.M. Barrie

• Rock Star Minion

How about a high-speed limo ride!

Oh yeah: Diana. Terrible tragedy.

How about a low-speed limo ride!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Hollywood is movies, TV, audio recordings. Something from each would be nice.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly View Post
    Kinda sounds like the Great Movie Ride at DHS... a duplicate of that ride at DCA would not get my vote.

I do like the idea of keeping with the "Old Hollywood" theme though and I'd love to see Imagineering come up with a way to mesh everything there.

Maybe something along the lines of following Mickey through his creation and the old ways of animating into the present... it could be retrospective and innovative, keep with the theme of Walt's early days in Hollywood, AND be a MICKEY ride!

Personally what I would want is an attraction inspired by the Great Movie Ride but with technology and a storyline similar to Mystic Manor from Hong Kong. Some one else here proposed an attraction that was similar to the manor where you visit an old movie studio and everything magically comes to life. I can see something like this working with snippets drawn from early Mickey Mouse shorts, even Oswald if he's used sparingly.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Senior Minion

There's something appealing to me about the idea of a ride with Mickey and Charlie Chaplin. I don't know how many other actors from the 20's, other then maybe Clark Gable and Grace Kelly, would be that recognizable to modern audiences. Probably a lot wouldn't even know them.

I'm not sure how the Artist idea would work, I haven't seen the movie. To me it sounds very narrative based, which doesn't usually work well in a ride experience. Perhaps you could elaborate and explain that a little more what you're thinking.

I'm personally not a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, so I wouldn't want it to be like that. I just think that you need some kind of cohesive experience that you're also going through while you meet the characters. Otherwise it could just become a better themed version of Superstar Limo.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Pan's Left-Hand Man

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Personally what I would want is an attraction inspired by the Great Movie Ride but with technology and a storyline similar to Mystic Manor from Hong Kong. Some one else here proposed an attraction that was similar to the manor where you visit an old movie studio and everything magically comes to life. I can see something like this working with snippets drawn from early Mickey Mouse shorts, even Oswald if he's used sparingly.
    I'm totally on board!
    "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
    J.M. Barrie