Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Re: horrible ideas thread 2

Want to hear a really horrible idea?

Taking the PM track .. which served up 4,880 people per hour (higher than any other ride in DL history) ... that allowed people of all ages .. that's right .. ALL ages. And a time period that allowed 16 glorious minutes to take in many Disneyland sights in style ....

And turn it into any ride that will be significantly shorter ... faster .. and allow fewer people.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

How about replacing all the existing ride vehicles and shows with Kuka arms? I'm sure that will get OSHA down to the parks fairly quickly...
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Want to hear a really horrible idea?

Taking the PM track .. which served up 4,880 people per hour (higher than any other ride in DL history) ... that allowed people of all ages .. that's right .. ALL ages. And a time period that allowed 16 glorious minutes to take in many Disneyland sights in style ....

And turn it into any ride that will be significantly shorter ... faster .. and allow fewer people.
    A dark ride where you encounter bobble-heads of B-List celebrities.

• Artistic integrity

Ewok Tribal Village Meet & Greet

Because it costs nothing to build a few huts made out twigs, and bamboo shoots, build a Meet & Greet ... have some Ewoks standing around for photo opportunities. Throw in a few stormtroopers ... viola! Low Cost. Low Tech. Minimal Show Elements, but that's all that's needed .. because we get our "Star Wars" Loveable Ewoks to cuddle with. - Just as it says in Star Tours "Come join those loveable Ewoks in their charming tribal villages." Now we'll get the real thing, in person!! Just as easy as it was building off-the-shelf spinners in DCA 1.0 to lure guests in. People will eat this stuff up, like Cotton Candy.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

A dark ride based on 2003's Haunted Mansion Movie including life size AAs of Eddie Murphy! Bonus: It replaces ALL of Tomorrowland!
    Last edited by hanshotfirst77; 01-29-2014 at 06:49 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Yoda's Adventure in 3D

Come inside the Magic Eye Theater for it's 3rd installment. Here, Yoda will use Da Force to levitate objects in front of your eyes for that incredible 3D effect, like it's 1986! Before 3D films flooded your local multiplex or even your 3D HDTV in your very home! The idea ... you are to envision yourself in a time ... long, long ago! Like nobody else does 3D in the world. Yoda will teach you how to suspend disbelief, so you'll feel like Disneyland is the only place to offer you that AMAZING 3D effect!

Disbelief, you will learn!

You have to unlearn .. what you have learned.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Artistic integrity

A New Tomorrowland With No Peoplemover Ride of Any Kind

Come join in on the new Tomorrowland - 2020:

Here .. you will live out Tomorrowland like it's the 20th Century. All buildings just sort of stand by themselves .. not any "connected" style to allude to any new format that could happen in the future.

It will be just like going to any Out Door Mall in America - Today:

Enjoy!

MY SIGNATURE:

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I came up with this idea after High School Musical 3, while rumors of a HSM 4 were going around with the basic plot being the kids going off to college.

Looking at the Haunted Mansion one day, I thought to myself, "This kind of looks like a frat house." And then it dawned on me...

A brand new attraction called, "The High School Musical Adventure: Troy and Chad's Frat House Party Bash!"

Haven't quite figured out what to do with the elevators, but the basic gist goes like this. The area you board your dommbuggy would be rethemed to look like a huge lecture hall or library. As you go up the stairs it would look like you are exiting the classroom where a HSM AA would yell to you "Congrats on passing your finals (your name)! Troy and Chad are throwing a party at their frat house in your honor. Have a blast!" You would then find yourself out in a wooded area as if you were driving down a road. Before you get to Leota's room another AA would appear and yell while pointing, "This way to Troy and Chad's frat house!" In Leota's room as you are going around the curve you hear screeching and then you go through a doorway which is the entrance to the frat house. Here is where the ballroom scene would normally be. But instead of it being filled with ghosts dancing around and having fun, it would be filled with various HSM AA's dancing and maybe playing video games. The organist would be turned around facing into the ballroom, and instead of playing the organ, the organist would be a dj spinning records and playing a lot of poppy and EDM types tunes. The dancing AA's would continue into the attic, and another AA would yell, "Have a splash!" You would go into the graveyard, except it would not be a graveyard. It would be all brightly lit to make it look like the late afternoon. A large swimming pool would predominate the scene. Some high advanced AA's would be splashing around in the water and as you pass by them special hidden tubes would splash out water as you pass by them. There would be another area where AA's were playing volleyball. As you leave this scene you would finally see Troy and Chad standing at a barbeque cooking hot dogs and hamburgers. Chad would be telling Troy, "This sure is a great party, isn't it Troy?" Haven't thought about the room where the hitch hiking ghosts are, but I am thinking the mirrors could be converted to video screens where they show montages of different characters and scenes. Finally as you exit the doombuggy, you hear "That was sure a great frat house bash! Come back again real soon!"

• Comes out to socialize!

Country Bears brought back in Tomorrowland as "The Country Bears: Mos Eisley Hoedown!"

After the show you would exit into a gift shop where they sell plushes of the Country Bears based off of Star Wars characters. Big Al as Jabba, etc..
    Happy Halloween..er...Christmas?

Any Lone Ranger or John Carter attraction...
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Down Pluto!

Any further Star Wars and Marvel incursion.

Worst and most horrible ideas ever. The Disney execs that came up with anything close this needs to have their acrylic desk awards shoved where Mickey can't see them without x-ray specs...

Just sayin'

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MaliBOOMer

Star Tours a holiday special.

(Disclaimer: someone else came up with this in another thread. Just thought it was worth a mention here.)
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

~Magic Eye theater presents the poetry of Jar-Jar Binks

AH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Too funny!!

• Down Pluto!

I'd rather hear Vogon poetry.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Space Mountain: Attack of the Gungan. Jar-Jar is at the controls of Space Station 77, who knows what'll happen!

The Matterhorn becomes Hoth Adventure, and the Yeti is replaced with a TaunTaun.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast