• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Do you think that DCA and Disneyland should?...

Do you think that DCA should combine with Disneyland and just become a new land at Disneyland? I am just saying this because I read it as a rumor on another thread.

• My Children's Father

Re: Do you think that DCA and Disneyland should?...

No, I think DCA should be upgraded (by any means necessary) to be worthy of its seperate admission price.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    Do you think that DCA should combine with Disneyland and just become a new land at Disneyland? I am just saying this because I read it as a rumor on another thread.
    I just don't think you are taking into account the masterful work Walt and the imagineers did in 1955 to create a very symetrical, balanced park.

People crave symetry in life weither they are aware of it or not, adding a new land at the front entrance would require moving the gate structures to the side so they don't face the train station and postcard/Golden Gate Bridge entrances, respectavilly.

This alteration would be confussing, muddled and throw off the amazing planning that went into Disneyland. It would ruin the wagon wheel on a stem. Besides which DCA would be almost 3 to 5 times bigger than any land currently in DL and its broken down into themes (albit not the best ones) but themes that are equal in size and scope to those lands inside DL.

Leave DCA alone, leave the name, leave the theme, leave it seperate. Upgrade it, repair it, remodel it- but leave it seperate!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I just don't think you are taking into account the masterful work Walt and the imagineers did in 1955 to create a very symetrical, balanced park.

People crave symetry in life weither they are aware of it or not, adding a new land at the front entrance would require moving the gate structures to the side so they don't face the train station and postcard/Golden Gate Bridge entrances, respectavilly.

This alteration would be confussing, muddled and throw off the amazing planning that went into Disneyland. It would ruin the wagon wheel on a stem. Besides which DCA would be almost 3 to 5 times bigger than any land currently in DL and its broken down into themes (albit not the best ones) but themes that are equal in size and scope to those lands inside DL.

Leave DCA alone, leave the name, leave the theme, leave it seperate. Upgrade it, repair it, remodel it- but leave it seperate!
    My thoughts exactly

• Over Agrabah

agreed.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

This is not even remotely a rumor. This will NEVER happen in a million bajillion years.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Why do I physically tremble whenever I see a thread that starts: "Do you think DCA should...?". hee hee hee...

DCA is slowly carving out its own identity, and I think within a few years it will develop it own set of unique attractions and such. It has already made vast improvements since opening, largely in response to consumer criticism, and as such will continue to grow. Leave it as its own thing, and (as we say here) 'She'll be right'.

Mind you, technically it is all one "Disneyland Resort" in the same sense that Walt Disney World Resort encompasses four parks. Physically separate, but linked by resorty goodness.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

no... DCA should become the official AP lounge... and of course guests can still get in.. nbut not enjoy the free soda.. lol

i can see attendence skyrocketing at the park then.. lol

so would AP sales...

• Merry 2014!

ummm, the answer is No. Keep them separate. There is a place for DCA, they may have to create an entirely new park but there is a place for it.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• See you there!

I don't really know how you could merge the parks, unless something was done with the area between.

I really don't think making DCA a "new" land in Disneyland would really be a good thing. (just MHO)

What I would like to see is an easier way to park hop. Some days, particularly in the summer or hot sunny days, it seems like the lines to get into DCA around noon time can be very, very long, and well, I sun burn easily, and being in the sun for that long kind of cooks me.

So easier park hopping would be nice. I don't know how they would do that though. I thought (at one time) that maybe a monorail stop between DL and DTD in DCA would be nice, but not sure how or if they could control that. But then again, maybe easier park hopping would be like combining the parks, so maybe that's not a good idea afterall.

Oh, well, carry on.....

CU@DL

Andy

• ...TWO BITS!

Leave them separate.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Rock Star Minion

It probably would have been more cost-effective to slowly expand DL into the parking lot.
    1. Build a new Space Mountain behind the current one, in the Parking lot.
    2. Once finished, create a new Tomorrowland attraction in old Space Mountain's space.
    3. Slowly create new lands beyond new Space Mountain, until Parking Lot is gone. (Downside is that those motels on other side of Harbor dont have an easy walk to the entrance anymore.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    no... DCA should become the official AP lounge
    Um, it pretty much already is, with no direct effect on AP sales.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."