Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: "Tomorrowland Filming From Today Through Feb 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedcot View Post
    This movie is looking very promising to me. I feel like this will hit home with a lot of hardcore Disney fans with the nostalgia factor. Any chance we see Tom Hanks in a Walt Disney cameo? That would just be epic.
    I didn't even think about that! Nice one, I'd love to see that cameo!

I'm guessing if this is a success Tommorowland will be rethemed to look like the film.

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    They've already done World's Fair exteriors for It's a Small World. Why would they need to do World's Fair exteriors in Disneyland with a much different exterior. They even recreated the World's Fair signage in previous exterior filming. This has to be something else, right?
    They have been adding temporary canopies in the load area to recreate the original load area so it looks like they still have plenty of scenes to shoot of that area which would make sense why the walls and blue screens have been added

• Small Worlds of Walt

It will be interesting to see if they recreate the old chris craft woody-style boats or stick with the red/blue plastic boats currently used.

• Artistic integrity

I doubt it ^^^

Surely they got one of PotC's .. or one of IASW's older boats around .. and use that. If they use the "Tonka Toy" ones ... then all their efforts to make it authentic 1964 NY Worlds Fair is thrown out the window!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    I'm guessing if this is a success Tommorowland will be rethemed to look like the film.
    I'm hoping it is a success and it makes Disney rethink their SW plans. Everyone who doesn't like the rumored Star Wars TL should watch this film. But it depends on the film's version of TL. What if there is nothing they can work from. I am hoping for the best.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    Then again, it's Brad Bird and George Clooney in a movie called Tomorrowland. It could be amazing. Based on what we know, I can say with total certainty that is might or might not be fantastic.
    EXACTLY! Haha.

I walked by small world and they had old classic boats in the water

• Artistic integrity

:O) ... I hope you took pictures !!!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I'm hoping it is a success and it makes Disney rethink their SW plans. Everyone who doesn't like the rumored Star Wars TL should watch this film. But it depends on the film's version of TL. What if there is nothing they can work from. I am hoping for the best.
    I doubt they will wait that long. Why wait to see if Tomorrowland is a success when Star Wars already has a built in fan base?

And if they wait until 2015, and Tomorrowland flops, then Star Wars land will be delayed by all that much longer.

• Artistic integrity

LOL

Surely you realize they are filming at the City of Arts in Valencia Spain.

How is this not inspiration to redo Tomorrowland?

And that's just one of the several futuristic buildings. Do a google search on City of Arts Valencia Spain. Go through "images" .. and the amount of inspiration for imagineering is staggering!
    MY SIGNATURE:

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    I doubt they will wait that long. Why wait to see if Tomorrowland is a success when Star Wars already has a built in fan base?

And if they wait until 2015, and Tomorrowland flops, then Star Wars land will be delayed by all that much longer.
    I think they are rushing things with Star Wars Land at DL. Built it first at DHS. Also it will be better if they wait for the 3rd park, where they won't be restricted. TL will be limited for all of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    LOL

Surely you realize they are filming at the City of Arts in Valencia Spain.

How is this not inspiration to redo Tomorrowland?

And that's just one of the several futuristic buildings. Do a google search on City of Arts Valencia Spain. Go through "images" .. and the amount of inspiration for imagineering is staggering!
    I meant the actual Tomorrowland in the film. So is City of Arts supposed to be part of TL? I do think the style of City of Arts is very similar to TL' 67. It may be a good or a bad thing.

I also meant things they can use for rides and attractions.

• I'm not really here

I meant the actual Tomorrowland in the film. So is City of Arts supposed to be part of TL? I do think the style of City of Arts is very similar to TL' 67. It may be a good or a bad thing.

I also meant things they can use for rides and attractions.
    If I had to guess, City of Arts is supposed to be in the
    Spoiler
    alternate dimension

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Meh

I think they are rushing things with Star Wars Land at DL. Built it first at DHS. Also it will be better if they wait for the 3rd park, where they won't be restricted. TL will be limited for all of Star Wars.
    I'd also like to see them take their time, let's get it right, not rush it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast