Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

"Tomorrowland Filming From Today Through Feb 7th.

For those visiting the parks from Jan 30th to Feb 7th, Mouse Wait reported:

#News- Starting today (January 30) through Friday, February 7, the film "Tomorrowland" will be filming at Disneyland Park. Set up will be begin today and the filming will take place from February 3-7, in the area of "its a small world" to the Matterhorn. Because of the film shoot, the Disneyland Railroad will not be running, "Mickey and the Magical Map" will be dark, and the walkway from "its a small world" to the Matterhorn will be blocked. Access to Mickey's ToonTown will be along Storybook Land Canals and past the Fantasyland Theater. And according to other Disney sites, guests should not expect to see a glimpse of the filmiing because everything will be blocked.

"Tomorrowland" is a science fiction mystery, starring George Clooney, Judy Greer and Hugh Laurie, directed by Brad Bird (known for Pixar's The Incredibles and Ratatouille). The plot of the movie has not be announced, but Walt Disney Studios released this statement about it: "Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as 'Tomorrowland'" (imdb.com). Also, there has been a lot of hype about this film, as they have already filmed at Walt Disney World's "Carousel of Progress" and had a large exhibit at the recent D23 Expo in 2013.

"Tomorrowland" will be released in theaters May 22, 2015.

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Banned User

Re: "Tomorrowland Filming From Today Through Feb 7th.

The filming in Disneyland's Tomorrowland sounds like a horror movie. I can't imagine what it will be about but it can't be good. The future has to include some space age vampires or zombies. Maybe George Clooney plays Dr. Frankenstein.

• Artistic integrity

Funny ... they would film parts of It's A Small World in FANTASYLAND .. Not a single scene shot in the land .. in which the film is titled in! LOL
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

It sounds like filming of IASW, not anything of TL. Here's some pics of what they filmed else where for IASW.

First pictures of Hugh Laurie and "It's a Small World" set from Brad Bird's Tomorrowland - Movie News | JoBlo.com
    Last edited by mondo; 01-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    It sounds like filming of IASW only. Here's some pics of what they filmed else where for IASW.

First pictures of Hugh Laurie and "It's a Small World" set from Brad Bird's Tomorrowland - Movie News | JoBlo.com
    Signage says "Pepsi Cola presents Walt Disneys Its a Small World " What era would that be from when Pepsi was a sponser. Also are those blue curtains so they can put in background later on

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The filming in Disneyland's Tomorrowland sounds like a horror movie. I can't imagine what it will be about but it can't be good. The future has to include some space age vampires or zombies. Maybe George Clooney plays Dr. Frankenstein.
    There's been some leaks and from the sounds of it, think Bioshock Infinite: Disney Edition, and using 60s Futurism and it's decline as the big theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Signage says "Pepsi Cola presents Walt Disneys Its a Small World " What era would that be from when Pepsi was a sponser. Also are those blue curtains so they can put in background later on
    The opening scenes are set at the World's Fair. Part of the film's premise is that the Disney attractions at the Fair were covering up access to an alternate dimension home to a real Tomorrowland where all that cool technology we imagined in the 60s actually came true.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Then again, it's Brad Bird and George Clooney in a movie called Tomorrowland. It could be amazing. Based on what we know, I can say with total certainty that is might or might not be fantastic.
    ~ Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    The blue areas - interesting choice, because the building in the foreground is blue - are definitely digital blue screen. Those pictures reveal little.
    ~ Erik

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I was at WDW when they did filming at the Carousel of Progress back in November. I spent a lot of time watching the extras (all dressed in 60s period costumes) milling about and going inside the attraction to shoot scenes. Was pretty cool to see.

But yeah part of the movie takes place at the 1964-65 World's Fair, which is why they got the retro signage up outside of Small World along with "blue screen" curtains because at the Fair the outside of the ride didn't look like how it looks at Disneyland (was just in a plain building, with Rolly Crump's "Tower of the Four Winds" out front).

• Heavy Breather

This films just keeps peaking my interest even more.

Why even bother shooting that at Disneyland when Small World looked completely different at the World's Fair?

Edit: Oh, that was filmed a while back.

Now I definitely want to see this.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Why even bother shooting that at Disneyland when Small World looked completely different at the World's Fair?
    So did Carousel of Progress.

• Artistic integrity

Maybe for interiors?

If you look at IASW photos from the version at the '64 Worlds Fair .. it's not so radically different than DL's version. Some scenes .. they do need to be careful - If they get the America room or the Disney characters in the shots ... then it's screwed. CoP? There are some slight variations in Acts 1, 2, and 3 compared to the '64 version at the fair .... but I think they can pass. (Of course .. Act 4 resembles NOTHING of what it looked like at the fair in '64.)
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

My guess they filmed CoP and IASW interior only. The NY World's Fair buildings looked different compared to the WDW/DL buildings. That why they had the blue screen set. I won't be surprised if they film Primeval World to represent Ford's Magic Skyway.

Look at this pic
    Name:  tomorrow-4.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  48.2 KB

and look below the blue UNICEF sign in this pic
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a9iyxDBp3i.../Scan%2B1.jpeg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast