Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Here we go again another 24 hour event

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Why because they both had one so they both will? That is why the rumors are out there, because they did they will.
    No, it's because something like this isn't hard to believe.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I remember hearing that the second 24-hour event was a lot more organized and better planned than the first one. If it's working and making them money they're going to keep doing it.
    In 20 years, when Disneyland is open 24 hours a day, every day, we'll look back and wonder why they ever closed it early, much like we now wonder how DL could have been closed completely on Mondays and Tuesdays in the early years.

•   

Last Year I went and It happened to be my Grad Night it was easily the most amazing day of my life!!!!! I hope they do it again this year!!!!

• Disneyland 20 year APH

1MDD in 2016 will fall on a Monday...I wonder how that will do... This year Memorial Day falls on Monday May 26.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Hot FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I'm betting it will be Maleficent. It would be cool to have a villain themed 24-hour event. I'll admit that.
    "Maleficent will use her evil powers to take over Disneyland all night! Using the help of her fellow villains, she'll throw a frightfully fun party that lasts 24 hours!"

...Yeah...Disney is now going to be crazy enough to do this yet again. Heck why not every year?

...As I see it

• Sock Puppet

I haven't gone to a 24 hour event yet, might have to make this my first time!!

• Former Churro Jockey

I went last year on 9/13 for their extended hours and I thought it was waaaaaay too crowded to be enjoyable. So I will pass on any future 24hr events.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I'll do it again. I missed last year's event. I just hope it's not on Saturday, because my pass is no good on Saturdays.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Booboo23kitty Nor Cal

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Bring it on. In 2012 I was part of the after-work crunch crowd and had to work the next day so could only stay until 1:30 AM (but saw my first Fantasmic). In 2013 I arrived at 6:00 AM for the opening but pooped out at 2:30 AM. Third time's the charm? Maybe I can make it all night this time.
    Rick did you see my post with your pictures in it???
    "How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer-"Does it have to be a light bulb?"

•   
    • Minion

If it's a Maleficent-themed event I think it's probably going to be as hectic as OMDD.

I'd love to go to one of these, really, but what I've heard and read about the out of control crowds at the past events has really deterred me.

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    If it's a Maleficent-themed event I think it's probably going to be as hectic as OMDD.

I'd love to go to one of these, really, but what I've heard and read about the out of control crowds at the past events has really deterred me.
    Last years 24 hour party was not bad at all. I got to Disneyland around 3:30 p.m. and I stayed until 5:30 a.m. and the only time there was a issue of crowd control was when California Adventure closed for grad night. But after 12:30 a.m. both of the parks were very manageable.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I went last year on 9/13 for their extended hours and I thought it was waaaaaay too crowded to be enjoyable. So I will pass on any future 24hr events.
    Was this an all-nighter? Is it really that crazy? I feel like people would start trickling out a couple hours after normal closing.. Not sure how long I could make it personally haha!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

I read that it's going to be at the start of summer. Went to both previous events. Had a great time. I love watching the sun rise at the park. I usually exit that park at 7am and then join any and all disneynuts for breakfast at White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Was this an all-nighter? Is it really that crazy? I feel like people would start trickling out a couple hours after normal closing.. Not sure how long I could make it personally haha!
    I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it was a 24hr event. I want to say the park was open until 2am. I went right after work like everyone else, and the line to even get into the Toy Story lot was like 45min long. The park was insanely crowded, like New Years Eve crowded. Just getting from one place to another was a challenge. I was going to do the Haunted Mansion because that was the first day for the Halloween overlay and the line was so long and wrapped around the fountain so many times I literally could not find the end of it. It just wasn't fun. I think I gave up and left at like 11PM. I didn't get on any rides and I had dinner at the French Market but I had to eat it sitting on the stage because there were no tables.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Only APers were allowed to see Magical Map that day. It opened to the general public the next day.

Yes, there were still significant lines for rides when I left at 2:30 AM. I walked over to the Haunted Mansion just before leaving and most of the inner queue was full.
    Oh yah I volged the whole time so there is video prof of 30 min HM line At 3:20 in the AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast