Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Your cadaverous pallor

Re: Here we go again another 24 hour event

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it was a 24hr event. I want to say the park was open until 2am. I went right after work like everyone else, and the line to even get into the Toy Story lot was like 45min long. The park was insanely crowded, like New Years Eve crowded. Just getting from one place to another was a challenge. I was going to do the Haunted Mansion because that was the first day for the Halloween overlay and the line was so long and wrapped around the fountain so many times I literally could not find the end of it. It just wasn't fun. I think I gave up and left at like 11PM. I didn't get on any rides and I had dinner at the French Market but I had to eat it sitting on the stage because there were no tables.
    it really wasn't that bad (stayed 6am-6am) so it was open for 1 straight day from 6am friday to 6am Saturday, 6am daylight sweeper trains are fun!!!

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it was a 24hr event. I want to say the park was open until 2am. I went right after work like everyone else, and the line to even get into the Toy Story lot was like 45min long. The park was insanely crowded, like New Years Eve crowded. Just getting from one place to another was a challenge. I was going to do the Haunted Mansion because that was the first day for the Halloween overlay and the line was so long and wrapped around the fountain so many times I literally could not find the end of it. It just wasn't fun. I think I gave up and left at like 11PM. I didn't get on any rides and I had dinner at the French Market but I had to eat it sitting on the stage because there were no tables.
    This was a Friday the 13th promo, not a 24 hour event. They were open until the 13th hour, 1 am, and they had a villains dance party, villain meet and greet, and the start of Halloween festivities, including the 1st night of NBC HM overlay. It was worse than the more recent 24 hour event, IMO.

• former CM

Cast members

I feel sorry for the cast members--especially the middle aged and older ones--we need our sleep. For some morning people like me, being up past 2am can be painfully exhausting and really mess up the next day or two. I hope the CMs who aren't already on the graveyard shift are paid double time from 1am through 6am, and that HR first schedules CMs who volunteer (for $) to work this event.

• Nor Cal AP'er

I'm ready for number#3 24 hour party!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

•   

I could imagine if disney dose a 60 hour party for Disneyland Park 60th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I'm betting it will be Maleficent. It would be cool to have a villain themed 24-hour event. I'll admit that.
    That would be awesome! A kind of crossover between the 24 hour event and the chaotic Friday the 13th event. Of course, the Friday the 13th part of the event would be much more organized.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

I'm really hoping they do it again this year. We went last year and it was the best time ever! Such a cool experience. And if they do make it Maleficent themed, will they have her show up in some Maleficent style PJ's? Because that would be....awesome.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Re: Cast members

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I feel sorry for the cast members--especially the middle aged and older ones--we need our sleep. For some morning people like me, being up past 2am can be painfully exhausting and really mess up the next day or two. I hope the CMs who aren't already on the graveyard shift are paid double time from 1am through 6am, and that HR first schedules CMs who volunteer (for $) to work this event.
    Thank you! These 24-hour events, while fun for guests, are taxing for CM's. They aren't paid double time, only time-and-a-half when they are scheduled mandatory overtime (12-hour shifts) and usually receive some cheap gift from Disney, usually some dried-out baked good. Adding insult to injury, typically the CM's have to park at Angel's Stadium so that guests may us KCML.

Long story short, I'm not a fan of these 24-hour events.

Woo I can't wait!

• I'm a fiddle player......

• The doctor is in

This must be the new marketing thing.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Wow seems like they announced it sooner than previous 24 hour events.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123