Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• DisneyBounder

Re: Anything new for Fantasmic?!

I agree the fountains look a bit weak. I'd like to see some heavy duty fountains... like the ones that can shoot 200 feet in World of Color. Oh well, it's not that bad looking. I do like how they dance and sway to the music now.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by goren1818 View Post
    Thank you for this! I agree! The fountains have potential they just need work they seem thin and sloppy. I think it is for the better though! We still need to wait for a full show video that's shot from a good location. Is it just me or did the fountains used to be on longer when Mickey was on top at the end?
    Agree with this ^^. Hopefully there's a way to adjust the 'thickness' of the nozzles so that they don't seem so out of place. Otherwise, I'm very pleased. Also, they need to adjust the light colors in the finale. Green all the way through? Come on.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Do the fountains just look thin because it is only one row?? Do you think there are the same nozzles as the main WOC grid?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

The colors definitely should be different! It does not matter if it's the same nozzles or not, what matters is that the fountains are so much thinner...

I don't think they're thinner at all. I think it's the matter of seeing five nozzles in one row compared to a giant field of them lit up together, forty feet back and eighty feet to each side. You're talking about seeing hundreds at once vs. five. That accounts for why they seem "thin."
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    I don't think they're thinner at all. I think it's the matter of seeing five nozzles in one row compared to a giant field of them lit up together, forty feet back and eighty feet to each side. You're talking about seeing hundreds at once vs. five. That accounts for why they seem "thin."
    Exactly what I was saying... now if they are different nozzles it could be a thinner stream of water... but I have a feeling it could just be an illusion from what we are used to with WOC.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Exactly what I was saying... now if they are different nozzles it could be a thinner stream of water... but I have a feeling it could just be an illusion from what we are used to with WOC.
    Yes, go back and watch videos of before the update. Its the same, small line of seven fountains then as well. I think everyone just got hyped up because they heard "ZOMG, WOC fountains!" They may be a bit thinner now, but look so much better with all the lighting on them now.

Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    I am not saying they seem thinner then WOC. They seem thinner then the old fantasmic fountains. They do not have the same punch as the old ones did.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Here's another video from Sunday night, a quick look at the dragon scene. No major changes but you will notice that the lighting is a lot more colorful (before it was mostly purples/green) and a lot more fog coming from underneath the dragon. Not sure why the change to multicolor lighting but it doesn't look bad and the extra fog is nice.

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

I think they look great. It has been a long time coming. Once they clean up the programming it will look amazing.

• ThemeParkPenguin

The fountains DO have thinner nozzles. The nozzles are bullet tip similar to the ones on the chaser fountains in Woc.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Another week, another show with missing stunts on the Columbia. The only real stunt I see is the swinging pirate and a swinging Captain Hook at the end. And still no Croc.

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

I haven't watched Fantasmic in a jillion years so we gave it a go yesterday. For me it was just "eh". I loved the giant fire breathing dragon bit. Apparently a CM told me it's the whole dragon and not just the head.

but didn't Peter Pan used to fly around the ship? They just walked around the mast.

I saw the show on Friday night and I do have a few comments on the new fountains. Other than being thin, they seem to have more jerky motions and a bit ungraceful. I don't know if they were purposely programmed this way but it seems a bit cheap. An analogy would be that WoC fountains are professional ballet dancers and the ones in F! are like dancers in a high school production. Maybe the motorized moving heads are different?
    And I'm not sure but it seems like the LEDs on the princess barges are much brighter and more colorful like someone mentioned earlier.
    On a different note, I have come to appreciate the standing room viewing area and fastpass system for WoC. I had several dead legs and back pain during the show!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast