Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Anything new for Fantasmic?!

I like the new fountains, apparently my vague description was too precise, so therefore its gone, forgot I even posted this.
    Last edited by disneyguy115; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 AM.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Another week, another show with missing stunts on the Columbia. The only real stunt I see is the swinging pirate and a swinging Captain Hook at the end. And still no Croc.
    Again, SAFETY is the first and foremost thing they are concerned about. We are in the time of year where it gets cold enough to have condensation on EVERYTHING. If it gets too slippery to perform safely, they will cut stunts that show.

At least they are doing some stuff most shows. It beats the full stationary that happens if it has rained. There they just climb up the ropes a bit and stand there.

Something worth noting about the WOC fountains in Fan! is that they are inherently going to be different than what you see in WOC. The scale of Fan! is much smaller than WOC, and so the fountains do not need to spray up 100 feet in the air to get the point across. If they had thicker streams, it would overpower the action taking place on the island. Remember, at Fan! the fountains compliment the show, whereas at WOC the fountains are the show. If Fan! had fountains that shot as high as WOC did, it'd overpower the show. Already, the new fountains shoot taller than the Twain, which sorta skews the scale of things/

Similarly, you are much closer to the fountains at Fan! than you are at WOC, so they don't need to spray as much water to get your attention. If the fountains had more water going through them at that close range, the color would likely get diluted. Being closer to the fountains is also why the movements seem "jerkier" or not as smooth. At WOC, you have a million fountains (actual statistic) to look at, and each one gets lost in the shuffle. At Fan!, you have 21 to look at, and so you are able to concentrate on each individual nozzle and notice things like a smaller stream or jerkier movements.

Most of people's problems with the new fountains are perception issues, really.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    ...At WOC, you have a million fountains (actual statistic) to look at, and each one gets lost in the shuffle...
    It's closer to 1,200 actually.
    That's right, I got a light cycle in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    It's closer to 1,200 actually.
    No, I'm pretty sure there's one million or so. That's why I said "actual statistic" at the end of it, so no one would think I was making it up.

Last edited by oo_nrb; 02-28-2014 at 12:57 AM.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

No, I'm pretty sure there's one million or so. That's why I said "actual statistic" at the end of it, so no one would think I was making it up.
    Do you have a source? I got 1,200 from the Disney Parks blog and the Disneyland website.

The Stage is Set for World of Color Disney Parks Blog
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entertainment/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color/
    That's right, I got a light cycle in my signature.

• Minion

The statistic they gave is 1200+ fountains and the exact number I'm told is around 1,257
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• #bringevilback

Another week, another show with missing stunts on the Columbia. The only real stunt I see is the swinging pirate and a swinging Captain Hook at the end. And still no Croc.
    I was there on 2/22 for the first show and Peter did all his stunts. It sounds like he didn't the next day...I wonder why they would do it one day and not the next? No croc though...he's been out for a VERY long time!!!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Found this video of last friday's show (March 14). Pyro malfunction, missing fountains, Maleficent's lift gets stuck.. Is it just me or are these hiccups happening more often? The video description also mentions problems with the barges on a previous show.

As a fan of the show I think i've probably seen it well over 100 times over the past two decades, and this season the show quality is quite poor as far as reliability of the effects.

Fantasmic! FAIL - YouTube
    Last edited by nonob88; 03-17-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

TERRIFYING!!!! That was really unsafe in the beginning. They most likely E-Stopped the show. I wonder what was going through mickey's mind right before the second trime he tried the finger pyro. It came in late again! I feel like this needs it's own thread.

• #bringevilback

Found this video of last friday's show (March 14). Pyro malfunction, missing fountains, Maleficent's lift gets stuck.. Is it just me or are these hiccups happening more often? The video description also mentions problems with the barges on a previous show.

As a fan of the show I think i've probably seen it well over 100 times over the past two decades, and this season the show quality is quite poor as far as reliability of the effects.
    It's complex show, and an older one at that, so even with the new fountains there are some many points for things to go wrong, it's just unfortunate that so much went wrong this show. Sure, it should be better, but for it's age and how frequently it is done, a few glitches here and there aren't unexpected. I had a perfect show, minus the Croc, toward the end of Feb.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    It's complex show, and an older one at that, so even with the new fountains there are some many points for things to go wrong, it's just unfortunate that so much went wrong this show. Sure, it should be better, but for it's age and how frequently it is done, a few glitches here and there aren't unexpected. I had a perfect show, minus the Croc, toward the end of Feb.
    It is old, not to mention it's intended lifespan was only three years, so that fact that it is over twenty years old is amazing. That being said, there are a series of potentially dangerous stunts that are performed on a regular basis that if they have to cut it from the show, I'd be fine with that. I honestly would prefer a show with less special effects if it means keeping the CM's safe. Fantasmic! is such an odd show in my opinion, its like the cross of a stage show and then World of Color so it's pretty much unique in its own right but when you attempt such a thing, safety concerns could arise.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    It is old, not to mention it's intended lifespan was only three years, so that fact that it is over twenty years old is amazing. That being said, there are a series of potentially dangerous stunts that are performed on a regular basis that if they have to cut it from the show, I'd be fine with that. I honestly would prefer a show with less special effects if it means keeping the CM's safe. Fantasmic! is such an odd show in my opinion, its like the cross of a stage show and then World of Color so it's pretty much unique in its own right but when you attempt such a thing, safety concerns could arise.
    Three years? I thought I read somewhere online that F! was only planned for the 1992 summer season. How could DL not see that F! was going to be a huge hit??? Or, was there no way of knowing before hand? Was there anything on the table to replace F! in 1995 if that actually happened? Hopefully DL won't do to F! what it did to MSEP in Season 24.

• The Pumpkin King

Fantasmic! FAIL - YouTube
    Before all the upgrades to the show and what not, Fantasmic has always worked perfectly when I would see it. Bu then again, not just Fantasmic but also other attractions this is happening too I noticed. New effects get added and then have trouble working properly.

Aaahhh, what's happening!?

:P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234