Talking Disneyland Tips and Tricks

Last time I went to to Disneyland was during Halloween time 2010. Since then I've been wanting to go back. But my questions are these....

When is the best time to go? (Like year, season)

What day is the best day to go? (weekday or weekend)

What is better to do meet the characters first or go on the rides first?

What's the best first ride to go on first (as far as not waiting in long for LONG hours)?

What about meeting characters (as far as not waiting in LONG lines for LONG hours)?

Whats better to get a photo with the characters or just an autograph or both?

• Done with MC.

Re: Disneyland Tips and Tricks

I guess it depends on what you mean by "best".
    Fewest people?
    Most shows?
    Least number of attractions down?

Unfortunately there's a lot of trade-offs.
    Scott

Yeah that stuff.

> When is the best time to go? (Like year, season)

When the weather is temperate -- spring or fall.

> What day is the best day to go? (weekday or weekend)

Weekdays when schools are in are, technically, "best" but there may be reduced hours and shows and some attractions may be down for maintenance.

Regardless, being at the gate before opening is mandatory for anyone wishing to maximize his/her time. The first few hours are virtually guaranteed to be the best time to be there on any particular day. Get to the E-tickets (and, if desired, Peter Pan's Flight, see below) then spend the afternoon seeing the less popular attractions.

> What is better to do meet the characters first or go on the rides first?

Rides.

> What's the best first ride to go on first (as far as not waiting
    > in long for LONG hours)?

You can FastPass or single-rider most of the bigger rides so I think the best option is still to hit Peter Pan's Flight first, if you want to ride it at all.

> What about meeting characters (as far as not waiting in
    > LONG lines for LONG hours)?

Dunno. This holds little to no interest for me (unless it's the Three Cabelleros and then I'd wait in a short line).

> Whats better to get a photo with the characters or just an
    > autograph or both?

To get autographs you have to carry an autograph book around all day so if that doesn't bother you then get both. Those lines can be long so you might as well get them while you can.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 02-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

• Meh

When is the best time to go? (Like year, season)

Before I move to Southern California my favorite time to go was late September, Halloween decorations are up, along with ride conversions (Haunted Mansion Holiday/Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy) and it's not busy because it's everyone's' first full month back in school!

What day is the best day to go? (weekday or weekend)

Again this depends on the time of year you go, if you go in late September like I suggested you'll want to make sure you go during the weekend so you can catch Fantasmic! Which, goes on every night during the Summer but only on weekends during the offseason. World of Color is every night regardless of season If you end up going during the Summer though try going on weekdays, less people and the shows are still all there.

What is better to do meet the characters first or go on the rides first?

When I would travel from out of town to get to Disneyland I would want to make sure I hit my favorite rides first/got a good fastpass and beat the lines. We would hope of Space Mountain/Star Tours first to avoid the crazy lines later in the day. If you definitely want to meet character at the Meet-n-greets like Frozen etc, then you'll want to get there relatively early, if not when they open unless you don't mind the wait. My suggestion is do one first one day, do the other first another day Hopefully you guys have multiple days!

What's the best first ride to go on first (as far as not waiting in long for LONG hours)?

In my opinion, Space Mountain/Star Tours in Disneyland, Radiator Springs Racers/Toy Story Mania in DCA.

What about meeting characters (as far as not waiting in LONG lines for LONG hours)?

Depends which characters, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald etc can usually be found right as you enter the park. They will be out at random times all day, depending on how recently they came out the lines will be very short or a tad long. If you head to Toon Town you can meet Mickey/Minnie at their houses and it's fun cause the line goes through their cartoon houses. The Meet-n-Greets take a little longer, Tangled/Frozen, they are extremely popular right now with the little-uns so you might want to go early to avoid the 90 minute waits.

Whats better to get a photo with the characters or just an autograph or both?

Seems like this trip is a special trip that doesn't happen every week so I would just go for it! Do both, take multiple pictures and poses, have fun!