Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Toontown...Yay or Nay

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    NAY.

The land hasn't aged well.

In the time since it opened .... It went from hyped up physical-interaction .. .to lawyer proofing (dumbing-down) of some of the attractions. From shuttering certain aspects of Chip and Dales home .. to Goofy's Bounce House. Correct me if I'm wrong .. .didn't some elements in Donalds house go? And the loss of the Jolly Trolley. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is the only good attraction in there. I look at the architecture of Roger's ride facade .. and if done correctly .. I can see transitioning from that .. to a London Town working it's way west ... for a Mary Poppins ride. The one IP I do wish Disney would create. It has been on WDI's drawing boards since the 70s. I would really love to see that happen. Would have been nice .. for MP's 50th Anniversary ... which is this year. Oh well.
    Re: Donald's boat - yes, it did lose a variety of kid's playhouse style elements (cargo net, interactive elements inside the boat, I've been told there was more but that's all I personally remember). And Chip'n'Dale's treehouse was completely shuttered, unless they reopened it and I never noticed. Which, to be perfectly honest, is a possibility.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Re: Donald's boat - yes, it did lose a variety of kid's playhouse style elements (cargo net, interactive elements inside the boat, I've been told there was more but that's all I personally remember). And Chip'n'Dale's treehouse was completely shuttered, unless they reopened it and I never noticed. Which, to be perfectly honest, is a possibility.
    I remember going into Chip n' Dale's and there being a huge ball pit, pretty deep and super wide. Needless to say it was awesome! :P

Trying to get folks with little kids through the park and into Toontown with Magic Morning offerings, so that they don't compete with older folks wanting to line up for Indy or whatever, must mean something to Disney or they wouldn't keep marketing it.

We chat about how the youngest demographics have changed over the years from little kids who had to be old enough to walk about the park themselves, to kids being pushed in strollers from attraction to attraction, being carried on by their parents. The Under-5 crowd. Toontown was supposed to serve as a Kiddieland for them when older family members went off to ride taller folks' rides.

If it were a choice between refurbishing Kiddieland or turning the space into an attraction for a different demographic, I'd refurbish. Little girls have Princess Palace for their meet-and-greets; boys could have pirates or Marvel superheroes; and cartoon fans could still hook up with their faves in Toontown.

Roger Rabbit is a great film. I wish it could be resurrected, puh-puh-puh-please. So much about it is so in tune with California Adventure and Buena Vista Street. It always amazes me how Disney has so many incredible properties that languish unexploited.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

This area of the park needs to be re-named Mickey's Neighborhood. The 2 current rides need to be re-named & they need to add a another new ride.

I think land wise for any expansion, you could also keep the footprint of the land now but build larger show buildings back by Circle D. The only problem would be that you'd end up with Indy style mile long queues

I think it's cute. I wish they'd refresh the paint, and that the shops were actually open, but it's cute and I like it. The middle section's a bunch of facades that don't do anything and I think that's a waste. I like the gag factory and the fireworks building and RR and the fountains and all of it. It's just neglected.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Would really like to see another 'bigger' ride on the opposite end to balance out RR. I would imagine it going behind one of the character houses into the backstage area. Sure, everything is important back there, but I could see them going 2-stories by digging down and putting the ride in the second floor.
    This is completely illogical and is never going to happen, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhbau View Post
    Of course you're right. It's impossible to do ride vehicles in a second story of a building. That's why Alice In Wonderland was never built.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I think it's cute. I wish they'd refresh the paint, and that the shops were actually open, but it's cute and I like it. The middle section's a bunch of facades that don't do anything and I think that's a waste. I like the gag factory and the fireworks building and RR and the fountains and all of it. It's just neglected.
    YAY - and including all the other "pro" reasons already given.

I'm an adult and I love Toontown. I would hate to see it gone. I think the concept of Toontown and the way the place looks is fun, but there's not a lot there. I think it could use another attraction, the only thing that's really there to do is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (one of my favorites) and Gadget's Go Coaster (could be removed honestly). There's also the houses which I mainly see little kids in but I'm an adult and I enjoy them. But it's far from being a ghost town, it's still a crowd drawer.

I think it should be updated, not removed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhbau View Post
    How is this illogical? Several attractions have been built with multiple floors involved.

•   
    • Minion

I think the play areas in Toontown are especially important. Being at the parks can be really overwhelming for little kids, even if they are enjoying themselves. Having a place where they can go to run around and blow off steam, instead of standing on line after line, probably helps them avoid meltdowns and helps their parents get a breather.

Plus, I really like the idea of having houses for the characters; the interiors are really richly themed and fun. And for a parent of a kid who MUST meet Minnie or Mickey, it's probably good to know where they will be all day.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think the play areas in Toontown are especially important. Being at the parks can be really overwhelming for little kids, even if they are enjoying themselves. Having a place where they can go to run around and blow off steam, instead of standing on line after line, probably helps them avoid meltdowns and helps their parents get a breather.
    I definitely agree with this, but I think the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is much more effective in doing so. Especially since half of the play areas in Toontown are now closed. I wouldn't mind them using some space for a bigger playground, maybe taking notes from the new Dumbo play area at WDW.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    I definitely agree with this, but I think the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is much more effective in doing so. Especially since half of the play areas in Toontown are now closed. I wouldn't mind them using some space for a bigger playground, maybe taking notes from the new Dumbo play area at WDW.
    Oh, agreed...but Redwood Creek is all the way across the esplanade in DCA, and getting a wound-up kid into the other park can probably be an ordeal in itself. I think DCA does better with this overall, between Redwood Creek and the Dot's splash area in Bug's Land. Toontown and TSI are it for Disneyland. It would be nice if they could expand the play/participatory areas in Toontown. There are a lot of cute little features like the dynamite factory that could be expanded. Or they could create a walk-through maze, perhaps.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    This area of the park needs to be re-named Mickey's Neighborhood.
    Why? Toontown seems like a good enough name for it.

The 2 current rides need to be re-named
    Why do they have to be renamed?

& they need to add a another new ride.
    Another ride would be nice.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast