Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Never Too Old for DL

Re: Toontown...Yay or Nay

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is one of my favorite attractions! And I do like to visit Mickey every now and then. But those are the only two things I do in ToonTown.
    I have no issues with Roger Rabbit. I think that ride is quite entertaining actually. That could stay for sure. Gadget could go. I remember even as a 7 year old I found that ride boring. And waiting 30 minutes for literally 20 seconds of roller coaster is not ideal at all.

I am a huge fan of TT! I love playing with all the gadgets that makes noise when you move them. Roger Rabbit is one of my favorite rides.

• Pan's Left-Hand Man

RE: Roger Rabbit...

Personally, one of my favorite parts of the ride is the queue. But the last time I attempted to get on the ride, the dark, scary-as-all-get-out, creepy-noised queue scared the bejeezus out of the youngsters I was with and we had to do the walk of shame against the flow of traffic back out the entrance because nobody else wanted to wait and actually get on the ride with me.

In hindsight, I should have just stayed and done it. But I guess I just wasn't in the mood to spin alone.

I saw some posts about TT being a place in DL free of spooks, where kids don't have to worry about what's around the corner... that might be true if it weren't for RRCS, there's something to genuinely be feared there by some youngsters.

If the queue was enough to frighten them, I can't imagine they would have enjoyed the actual ride. (Especially since Roger Rabbit remains unknown to the kids I was with and those nasty weasels are everywhere.)

However, all that said, it's just as scary as Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey. I'm just not sure who the ride is meant to cater to these days.
    "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
    J.M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly View Post

Personally, one of my favorite parts of the ride is the queue. But the last time I attempted to get on the ride, the dark, scary-as-all-get-out, creepy-noised queue scared the bejeezus out of the youngsters I was with and we had to do the walk of shame against the flow of traffic back out the entrance because nobody else wanted to wait and actually get on the ride with me.

In hindsight, I should have just stayed and done it. But I guess I just wasn't in the mood to spin alone.

I saw some posts about TT being a place in DL free of spooks, where kids don't have to worry about what's around the corner... that might be true if it weren't for RRCS, there's something to genuinely be feared there by some youngsters.

If the queue was enough to frighten them, I can't imagine they would have enjoyed the actual ride. (Especially since Roger Rabbit remains unknown to the kids I was with and those nasty weasels are everywhere.)

However, all that said, it's just as scary as Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey. I'm just not sure who the ride is meant to cater to these days.

Not to go off topic, but could someone explain to me the difference between using fastpass and going through the regular queue on this ride? I'v only been once, years ago, and really enjoyed the regular queue, except that it took way too long to get through. Is the FB line a good experience as well, or do you give up most of the flavor?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Not to go off topic, but could someone explain to me the difference between using fastpass and going through the regular queue on this ride? I'v only been once, years ago, and really enjoyed the regular queue, except that it took way too long to get through. Is the FB line a good experience as well, or do you give up most of the flavor?
    With the fastpass you don't go through the queue at all, you go through the door and you're at the load station.

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    With the fastpass you don't go through the queue at all, you go through the door and you're at the load station.
    When you say right at the load station do you mean for the Stretching Room elevators or for the Doombuggies as I have never used FastPass either for this attraction (its never been in use when I'm there, Holiday overlay or Normal).
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    When you say right at the load station do you mean for the Stretching Room elevators or for the Doombuggies as I have never used FastPass either for this attraction (its never been in use when I'm there, Holiday overlay or Normal).
    They're referring to Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin I believe.

•   
    • Minion

With Gadget's Go Coaster - well, I'm not going to wait on line for it and it's not a ride I enjoy, but IMHO it's very important. Gadget is a "first coaster" for a lot of kids and it's a stepping stone for them to the larger ones. It's also a coaster that kids can ride with, say, grandparents who might not be able or willing to go on something like the Matterhorn or BTMRR. If they ever do remove or retheme Toontown I sincerely hope that they will keep a well-themed "baby" coaster as part of the attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    With Gadget's Go Coaster - well, I'm not going to wait on line for it and it's not a ride I enjoy, but IMHO it's very important. Gadget is a "first coaster" for a lot of kids and it's a stepping stone for them to the larger ones. It's also a coaster that kids can ride with, say, grandparents who might not be able or willing to go on something like the Matterhorn or BTMRR. If they ever do remove or retheme Toontown I sincerely hope that they will keep a well-themed "baby" coaster as part of the attractions.

Gadget would get more of a pass if there was a second 'big' ride in TT on at least the same par as RR. As it is, it's the only other actual ride back there, and as such, is inevitably going to catch flack for how insubstantial it is.

Put a 3-4 minute ride of some sort going into the backlat from one of the character houses in the NW corner, and suddenly the length of Gadget is not such a big deal.

Same with CC on the other side. Put a second 'kiddie' ride back there (Bambi, whatever), and then Pooh would fit more comfortably in the area, as well as CC would suck a lot more of the stroller-set back there and out of FL.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly View Post

This ride does have a height limit, I think for this exact reason. I was there last week with a big group of kids and more than half of them couldn't ride so we skipped it..
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Roger Rabbit doesn't have a height limit. I took my little kids on it. I have to say the sounds on the queue did scare them a bit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456