Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How would you Feel about this?

I like the idea of connecting Toontown to Frontierland, but the path from Toontown to Critter Country would be really long and boring since there isn't really enough room for attractions. The second path from Frontierland to the Jamboree are would be a little useless since the path that's already there is usually pretty empty.
    "Where would the fun be if we already knew what there is to know?" - Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe

• Meh

This sounds great! Much like the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in DCA. Maybe create a cool map, bury some treasure or something, and make sure it's nice and shaded with trees!

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    Exactly my point! Why should TDA cater to AP's who don't spend as much and invest the money to give them an easier way to get out of the park when they don't get a return on the investment?

I'm willing to bet that even the frugal AP's spend some money in the Emporium on their way out of the park to catch the shuttle to M&F - Hence, there is no reason for TDA to make it easier for AP's to leave the park without spending money!
    I object to the idea that AP's don't spend as much. We may not spend as much per visit, but we do go more often, yes? I know I personally spend probably $750 plus every year, not including my pass.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    It's not just about making it easier to exit the park, but alleviating the nightly madhouse situation on Main Street after the first Fantasmic showing and fireworks. From a PR standpoint, less bottleneck should be a good thing.
    I'm generally in no mood to spend any money when I can feel someone's breath on my neck after Fantasmic.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I'm generally in no mood to spend any money when I can feel someone's breath on my neck after Fantasmic.
    lol I feel the same way.

• Observer

The back stage area behind critter is how they get fantasmic cast/ main street horses and the rainy day cavalcade to and from main street and circle / north parade entrance. Never going to happen

• Under that tree again!

Entrance: Sure if Disney builds a Hotel on the Pinocchio Lot it could become a resort guest entry like the one from DCA to GCH, or the Crescent Lake resorts into Epcot. It would help relieve the congestion on Main Street.

ROA wrap around: It would help relieve crowds in the Critter County dead end and F! crowds. Would I like it on the water, absolutely not, because I want the view from the river to be unobstructed since it already has a path around the southern half. Also don't want to the view from the trains to be obstructed by guests when looking at the western scenes.

I think a trail and attractions will be built outside the berm at some point.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Entrance: Sure if Disney builds a Hotel on the Pinocchio Lot it could become a resort guest entry like the one from DCA to GCH, or the Crescent Lake resorts into Epcot. It would help relieve the congestion on Main Street.

ROA wrap around: It would help relieve crowds in the Critter County dead end and F! crowds. Would I like it on the water, absolutely not, because I want the view from the river to be unobstructed since it already has a path around the southern half. Also don't want to the view from the trains to be obstructed by guests when looking at the western scenes.

I think a trail and attractions will be built outside the berm at some point.
    This reminds me of Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I object to the idea that AP's don't spend as much. We may not spend as much per visit, but we do go more often, yes? I know I personally spend probably $750 plus every year, not including my pass.
    Why would you object to an obvious fact? You shouldn't take it as a personal insult, the only thing that Disney cares about is spending per visit. And really, $750 is not very much to spend over a whole year. Many tourists spend that in one day. I personally hardly ever bought anything when I had an AP. I almost never bought merch, mostly just snacks, but they probably added up to close to $750 over a year.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

This reminds me of Hong Kong Disneyland.
    HKDL was built small and needed expansion quickly. DL will at some point need expansion too and have the same area left to build on. They have already filled out a lot of DL's area, Small World, Toontown, Haunted Mansion, Indy, Splash all going outside the berm.

As far as what's needed backstage, access for maintenance, access for CMs, parade storage and access, some infrastructure, and loading docks to receive food and merchandise. Storage and maintenance and preparation can be offsite for anything that easily transported on a road.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    It won't open for me either.
    Same here. Will not display.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    The document won't open for me, but if think it would be a great idea and would relieve some of the traffic during F!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Same here. Will not display.
    I finally figured out how to view the document. I clicked on "File" in the upper-left corner of the screen and then hit "Download." I had to download the document as a .jpg onto my computer in order to view it. I hope this helps!

I love the idea. It should be well planned, though, not just thrown in. Shaded, lots of sitting areas, and (as mentioned by one commenter), not visible from the train. No need to turn it into an attraction, but a themed trail with places to relax would ease congestion and benefit tired travelers who don't want to return to a hotel, but need some down time.

The idea of an additional entrance/exit is interesting. It might work for those parked in M&F, and would certainly relieve a lot of insanity after fireworks and Fantasmic. Nothing like the wall-to-wall mayhem on Main Street then.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    If that were indeed the case, they would have never built a second exit to DCA. Its all about how the park was planned to work and flow. One entrance, one exit. The monorail doesn't really count.
    Did you know there was Three enter and exit to the DCA park.
    Main
    Grand Cailf,
    was by corn dog area and path to Disney's Paradise Pier hotel cross walk
    it when away inside park but part outside still there
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Foolish Mortal

Good idea, you should also include an exit gateway in Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
    +12345

I think about this nearly every time I visit the park. The F! crowds are brutal and I wish something could be done in the way of having a walkway around the north end of ROA. And having an exit to M&F from CC would be epic. I'd say 8/10 times we just walk back to M&F because the trams take too long to expedite from the DTD loading areas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast