Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How would you Feel about this?

I wish they had a rainbow caverns mine train connecting the back of critter country to the back of Frontierland ( since the single track would be enclosed, it could be behind the berm ). Hey, they're building one at Universal Orlando...

• Donald's #1 Fan

I don't think a second exit is ever going to happen. a single entrance /exit was always one of the main design characteristics of the park.

There are way too many backstage areas, access roads, etc. in those areas.

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by crawfordguard View Post
    I like the idea of connecting Toontown to Frontierland, but the path from Toontown to Critter Country would be really long and boring since there isn't really enough room for attractions. The second path from Frontierland to the Jamboree are would be a little useless since the path that's already there is usually pretty empty.
    Agreed with above. I'd be behind a path from Toontown to the back of the BBQ place but I'd prefer to not see one around the uninhabited areas that the Twain/Columbia sail. It's kind of nice to see some piece of untouched wilderness with peace and quiet and... Oh look, there's a thousand people walking back and forth on a trail. Is that litter at the edge of the path? Why does the wilderness sound as busy as Main Street at closing? Is that an animatronic or did some kid just hop the trail fence and decide to stand by the water and wave to people?

Nah, let's leave the faux-nature area alone.

Sorry, don't like the idea. The "backwoods/frontier" that you experience on the Explorer Canoes, Mark Twain, and Columbia would be ruined if you saw guests walking along your proposed path. It would be like putting a guest walking path in the back jungle portion of the Jungle Cruise.

To me, there is only one way to experience getting into Disneyland. You walk up to the gates, you're greeted by the Mickey flower face, you go through the tunnels and Main Street welcomes you! Sleeping Beauty's castle is beckoning you! This should be the only way.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I think it would be a loooong trail for one thing, and while Critter Country and Frontierland are okay, Toontown is a hugely different theme and I don't think it would blend too well.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

A long trail would come with structures along the path - ODV cart locations with whatever hookups they require, restrooms, solid structure stores, probably some sort of an attraction would be deemed "necessary" to keep everyone walking along the road distracted. I'm not sure there would be a way to keep the berm, the "isolation" of the back end of ROA and also fit in a path with the requisite structures to support a tourist concentration along the route. You would almost be required to do it as a massive (though very skinny) show building.

A ride connector between the two areas would be more possible. Though it should be pointed out there already *is* one, connecting directly between the NOS train station and the Toontown train station.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, I think it would be a loooong trail for one thing, and while Critter Country and Frontierland are okay, Toontown is a hugely different theme and I don't think it would blend too well.
    I think you're right, not sure how this would blend into the ToonTown theme :/

• the rum is always gone

I like the idea. There were rumors a while back that the Circle D Ranch and backstage areas near the north side of the rivers of america could be expanded into a new land with new rides. This trail would fit perfectly to make that happen.

The only small problems I see with the trail as it is currently designed is that it will have cross over or under the railroads (an major expense), and it would have to bridge over the water inlet on north part of the ROA where they store the Fantasmic boats (another expense). Additionally, the trail would end at the Hungry Bear (which may or may not be a bad thing). But overall, I like the idea.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Look at the openstreetmap. Only way its doable is if its a tunnel within the actual berm itself outside of the tracks. Not enough room between the tracks and ROA. Just can't work.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I don't think a second exit is ever going to happen. a single entrance /exit was always one of the main design characteristics of the park.
    I don't think so either, DCA is the lone exception pretty much, taking into consideration that at one time they had 2 alternate entrances. It's true that you could exit Disneyland from Tomorrowland via the monorail but usually very few people use the monorail for that purpose.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    A second exit in the NW corner of the park is not going to happen, TDA likes to funnel everyone back through Main Street and DTD for impulse souvenir purchases on the way out. Do you know anyone who doesn't stop on the way out to buy something? Maybe you do, but TDA needs that "retail funnel" to channel potential customers through the largest retail portion of the park.

How many times have you stopped at the Emporium on your way out of the park? Would a second exit be convenient? Yes, but TDA would lose out on retail sales with nothing to offset their loss.
    There already IS a second exit to Disneyland that bypasses Main Street retail: the monorail. That funnels people to the very end of Downtown Disney, away from Disney's main DtD store. One might argue that the monorail is used by people who are staying at the Disneyland Hotel so Disney's making money, but it's also used by people who have parked in Mickey & Friends or the other parking lots over that way, people who simply want to bypass the longer lines at the Esplanade, etc.

And every time I take the monorail there are tons of people leaving right along with me, so it IS a heavily used exit point.

For the OP, I can't open the document, and I honestly don't know enough about the backstage logistics to know if this is even possible (the other posters here suggest that it is not) but I LOVE the general idea. Even without the exit, making a loop between Critter County and Fantasyland would be great for park navigation purposes. At the very least it would give people a way besides the railroad to get to other parts of the park without going through the crowd exiting the park toward Main Street after F!.
    Last edited by Malina; 02-13-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by G242 View Post
    How would you Feel about this

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2On...EZiS0lMRF9fUDQ

A trail connecting Frontierland, critter country, and Toontown! it would mostly be themed caves to go around the Indian tribes and under the railroad!

Let me know what you would think !
    I think it's a good idea, and as some have mentioned this idea has been tossed around in some threads on here. I'm all for eliminating the dead ends at Critter Country and Toontown and believe that connecting the areas mentioned above would help with park flow. However I don't know how feasible all this is; there isn't much room on the north side of Rivers of America between the water and the railroad for instance.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    A long trail would come with structures along the path - ODV cart locations with whatever hookups they require...
    Please no. I had to work the pretzel cart on Big Thunder Trail several times. Talk about a dead area. I would go several minutes without a single person walking by. Someone could have come over and stabbed me and taken the money (all $15 of it from all those pretzel sales that day) and I don't think anyone would have noticed for at least half an hour. Talk about the longest day of your life. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast