• Banned User

front to fireworks, how do I do it

I want to see the fireworks, but more inportant I want to see the castle change colors. I do not want to be in the back north forty, I want to acually see this time. So how do I do it? I have never seen the castle up close, tink go down a rope, and or the castle change colors. I so want to this time. Please tell me where to sit, or stand or what ever and howsoon and where. thank you so much!!

ok, and when to go to the front for fantasmic? I have watched this but never close enough to see good. I am always behind so many people and with my bad eyes I miss so much. I really want to get to see some of this this time around.

• Man O Lantern

Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

We did it every night we were there in December! It is doable.

We waited for the parade to go by and foot traffic started to move. If you're facing the castle, we approached from the right side and stayed slightly to the right of center between the hub and the castle on the "street" about five feet in front of the curb. That way the "walkway" wouldn't be right in front of us or next to us (if they bother to put up ropes and have an official walkway, you don't want to be right next to it, the CMs have flashlights and talk/yell the entire time!).

Many people sat in groups and waited for 35-45 minutes and then stood right before the show started. Other people stood while they waited. We sat each night while we waited, then stood to watch. I'm a stander...you can't see the castle if you don't, and for us, the castle was the main attraction. Also, if you're a little to the right, you get a clear view of the Matterhorn (there's this TREE that can be in your way if you're directly in front of the castle and you can't see the entire Matterhorn).

Hope this helps! Wish I could put an X on a map for you!!

fantasmic, you want to get seats by 4:30 if you want front and center. Remember that center for F! is not center of the Harbor Mill, but slightly to the left, past the nearest light post toward center. You will understand when you are there. As for Fireworks, I sat down inbetween the two most northern planters, past the partners statue, right before the normal sidewalk starts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    fantasmic, you want to get seats by 4:30 if you want front and center. Remember that center for F! is not center of the Harbor Mill, but slightly to the left, past the nearest light post toward center. You will understand when you are there. As for Fireworks, I sat down inbetween the two most northern planters, past the partners statue, right before the normal sidewalk starts.
    4:30 what time does it start? thatspretty early. can I put a nice blanket down and sit ? or do I have to wait til just before it starts? Can I go right up to the water and sit? oh I am excited but so dippy when it comes to what to do or where to sit.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    We did it every night we were there in December! It is doable.

We waited for the parade to go by and foot traffic started to move. If you're facing the castle, we approached from the right side and stayed slightly to the right of center between the hub and the castle on the "street" about five feet in front of the curb. That way the "walkway" wouldn't be right in front of us or next to us (if they bother to put up ropes and have an official walkway, you don't want to be right next to it, the CMs have flashlights and talk/yell the entire time!).

Many people sat in groups and waited for 35-45 minutes and then stood right before the show started. Other people stood while they waited. We sat each night while we waited, then stood to watch. I'm a stander...you can't see the castle if you don't, and for us, the castle was the main attraction. Also, if you're a little to the right, you get a clear view of the Matterhorn (there's this TREE that can be in your way if you're directly in front of the castle and you can't see the entire Matterhorn).

Hope this helps! Wish I could put an X on a map for you!!
    is this in the stret? can onesit in the street and wait?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Back north 40! You crack me up!!

Yes ma'am, you just plant your beeehind in the street and wait!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Back north 40! You crack me up!!

Yes ma'am, you just plant your beeehind in the street and wait!
    really? wow and people walk around you ? I am going to do just that! now if you are lying to me and I look dumb for 2 hours and then they tell me to move I am going to come after you ( oh never mind you will be with and sitting right beside me LOrie beth hee hee he

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

No, there will plenty of others with you! The CMs put up ropes and such to guide people away from the area.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

There was one grandma who was guarding 7 blankets against the black railing on the banks of the ROA, and she was pacing back and forth from 11:30am til finally we passed her around 3:30 and there were a few kids on the blanket playing with their nintendos. It is the same as any parade, people just walk around you, and don't pay much attention.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

If there are two showings of Fantasmic, it's much, much easier to get a good seat, without waiting hours, for the second showing. Just head over into Frontierland a little before the 1st show is ending. The CM's will keep you behind a rope until most of the 1st viewing people are gone. Once they let you go, walk very fast to the area in front of PoTC and you should get a good spot to sit with only a little wait.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    really? wow and people walk around you ? I am going to do just that! now if you are lying to me and I look dumb for 2 hours and then they tell me to move I am going to come after you ( oh never mind you will be with and sitting right beside me LOrie beth hee hee he
    We are usually sitting in the street in front of the castle a good 2 hours before the show starts. You can see my son sitting in the street waiting in my avatar
    <------ You will have people all around you waiting too. Stake out enough area to be comfy for the 2 hours, because 5 mins before the show starts another 100 will try to squeeze in!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    because 5 mins before the show starts another 100 will try to squeeze in!
    'Aint that the truth!!