Disneyland hiring process

I applied last month for attractions and just two days ago I got this email:

Thank you for your recent employment application with the Disneyland® Resort. If employment opportunities match your interests and qualifications, we will contact you.

During this time, it is unnecessary to submit additional applications, as your application will remain active for at least six months.

Thank you for your interest in the Disneyland Resort.

Are they letting me off easy saying they already viewed my application and rejected it? I just need to know what this email means because my heart pounds every time there's a new email in my box thinking it's them.

Re: Disneyland hiring process

Its not a rejection. They are very clear in those (ive had a few lol). Its just them saying that your application has been received and is on file, they may not have open positions right now.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Years ago I received a letter like that (in the mail, not e-mail, but I'm old). A few weeks later I was offered a job. Hang in there.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Some imagination, huh?

Definitely not a rejection! I have had about a hundred rejections probably and they do not look like that. Give it time...

Yep... it's a rejection.

Just kidding!

Actually, it's a fairly standard response that you'd get from most large corporations. Especially if you applied on-line. Disney Corp. gets dozens of applicants, every day, and they filter through the profiles to try to match them to positions that need to be filled. If you have something on your resume that 'stands out', or dramatically matches a particular skill that they are looking for, then you will get a call sooner than later. If your resume looks the same as the other 10 people that applied that day... then you may have to re-apply in 6 months.

• I am number 4 of 999

It literally means, "If employment opportunities match your interests and qualifications, within the next six months, we will contact you."

You are "on file" for the next six months. The REAL question to ask would be six months starting NOW, or from a month ago when you submitted? (SO, technically 5 months.)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyZealotBJP View Post
    I have had about a hundred rejections
    Are you talking about Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Yep... it's a rejection.

Just kidding!

Actually, it's a fairly standard response that you'd get from most large corporations. Especially if you applied on-line. Disney Corp. gets dozens of applicants, every day, and they filter through the profiles to try to match them to positions that need to be filled. If you have something on your resume that 'stands out', or dramatically matches a particular skill that they are looking for, then you will get a call sooner than later. If your resume looks the same as the other 10 people that applied that day... then you may have to re-apply in 6 months.
    This isn't entirely accurate. Here's why....

When you filled out your application, you also answered a series of questions. Your answers to these questions gave you, for lack of a better term, a score. In order to move forward in the process, your "score" had to be equal to or more than the minimum score that they are currently accepting. Since you got this email, it is clear that your score wasn't high enough BUT you get to remain active in the system for up to six months. Now, if more positions open up, the minimum score may have to be lowered in order to get the flow of active candidates into the recruitment process. If the minimum score goes lower than your score, you'll be invited to continue the process and get an invitation to take a web based interview. If the minimum score doesn't go lower than your score, you will continue to get emails that will let you know that you are still an active candidate but you won't get to the next step.

Soooooo.....right now, you are basically in limbo. There is nothing for you to do until either your application expires or the drop the minimum score to your range.

Global

• Some imagination, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Are you talking about Disneyland?
    I'm talking rejections from the various disneyland/walt disney world technician/engineering jobs I have applied for haha

a "score?" is that really how they hire? I applied last year for the same position and so did my friend and we both had no work experience and both got emailed back. I didn't get it but my friend did and now has been working for almost a year. I just thought this time around i would be put higher up on the list of hires because i have more job experience (i work at a movie theater idk if thats really the job experience they look for) Im just giving up hope and its hard to hear from the friend who works there now about how he loves his job and i never got a shot at that dream job

Quote Originally Posted by magraviador View Post
    a "score?" is that really how they hire? I applied last year for the same position and so did my friend and we both had no work experience and both got emailed back. I didn't get it but my friend did and now has been working for almost a year. I just thought this time around i would be put higher up on the list of hires because i have more job experience (i work at a movie theater idk if thats really the job experience they look for) Im just giving up hope and its hard to hear from the friend who works there now about how he loves his job and i never got a shot at that dream job
    That "score" doesn't determine if one is hired. Think of it as a filter. There are are three filters. That first one that I described in the post above, the web interview, and the in person interview. Oh, and a human doesn't look at your application until the day of your in person interview. Global

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    That "score" doesn't determine if one is hired. Think of it as a filter. There are are three filters. That first one that I described in the post above, the web interview, and the in person interview. Oh, and a human doesn't look at your application until the day of your in person interview. Global
    man some people make it sound so easy to get hired at disneyland sometimes
    I hear people saying they emailed them at least a couple days after they turned in the application
    I guess attractions is a high demanding job that everyone wants

Quote Originally Posted by magraviador View Post
    man some people make it sound so easy to get hired at disneyland sometimes
    I hear people saying they emailed them at least a couple days after they turned in the application
    I guess attractions is a high demanding job that everyone wants
    If you applied for Attractions with little to no customer service experience, you are setting yourself up for failure.

You should apply for a F&B position (there are more of them and the level of experience that they look for is much less) and if you get it, apply for a transfer to Attractions in 3 months. That is a much easier path to take.

Global