Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Re: Worst Vist Ever to Disneyland - Tue 02/04/2014

It's probably a number of different things happening to bring down the rides. On this one, somebody called in sick, and while they're trying to get someone to come in to cover that shift, the ride can't open. Another one had something break when they started it up for the day, so you can't open until you take care of it. Another had something happen with the computer, who knows.

And even if things come up a couple hours later, by then, you're on to something else, you've written those rides off for the day. Maybe you plan to come back, but maybe the time for it is gone and you don't get to it. It remains true that the time you spend running around trying to find something that you want that's open is wasted.

So yeah, it's disappointing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by PDSchweitzer View Post
    I have not visited Disneyland in 5 years (too long) and had this trip planned/booked for over 10 months. I purposely visit a Disney park in January or Feb. and only go on a Tue, Wed or Thursday to avoid lines and hot weather.

I go there last Tuesday 2/04 and ropes go up and ...

I go straight to Space Mountain. Sorry, not running right now due to problems.

Dart over to Indy - Sorry not running right now due to an issue.

Next door at Jungle Cruise - Sorry, not running right now due to an issue

Head over to The Haunted Mansion - Sorry, not running right now due to an issue

Head over to Matterhorn (it is now about 10:20 AM) only one side is running as the other side has an issue that the Maintenance staff are working on. Other side is working, but line wraps all the way around and is an hour wait (20 minutes after the park opens).

Also keep in mind that Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Subs, Small World and DD Railroad are all closed. I realize that their will likely be at least 1 major ride down since it is off season, but 4 majors down at the same time...

Now eventually (within 2 ~ 3 hours) all those down rides finally open, but doesn't those Disney management understand with 4 major rides closed, that having others down just has a huge ripple affect on every other ride line? You would hope that with 4 major closed, that they would staff up at night and really make sure all the other rides were running perfect well before the lines open.
    That sucks man. Something similar happened to me when I went to the park on the day that they closed a bunch of rides because of some OSHA thing. You missed out on being able to take advantage of there not being any lines for those rides. Email Disney Guest Relations and see if they'll send you a comp ticket or something.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I would like to see disney lower the cost to get in in the off season account all the refurbs and shorter park hours. We typically visit the parks when the hours are longer and the first part of the week. Crowds are managable and we still have fun. I can't stand paying full boat and have to deal with shorter hours and refurbs. As far as rides going down, stuff happens! Now we have to deal with Cal-Osha flexing their muscles??? Because since 1955 so many cast members have been injured on the job, it's now an issue? C'mon! really?

• I'm not really here

doesn't those Disney management understand with 4 major rides closed, that having others down just has a huge ripple affect on every other ride line?
    Yeah, because management planned for these rides to develop issues of one kind or another that morning.

You would hope that with 4 major closed, that they would staff up at night and really make sure all the other rides were running perfect well before the lines open.
    Rides have startup procedures that involve inspections and tests and cycling and making sure that it is up to scratch before it opens. Shut down procedures the night before to safe the attraction and prep it for the next day. Maintenance comes in to to stuff if needed or planned. But none of that means that something can't go wrong that looked completely fine hours before, or that a fault can't develop. That's the nature of the game when dealing with complex rides. Does it suck when it happens to a bunch in a row? Absolutely. But I guarantee you managers and leads are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get it solved and up as fast as humanly and safely possible.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, because management planned for these rides to develop issues of one kind or another that morning.

Rides have startup procedures that involve inspections and tests and cycling and making sure that it is up to scratch before it opens. Shut down procedures the night before to safe the attraction and prep it for the next day. Maintenance comes in to to stuff if needed or planned. But none of that means that something can't go wrong that looked completely fine hours before, or that a fault can't develop. That's the nature of the game when dealing with complex rides. Does it suck when it happens to a bunch in a row? Absolutely. But I guarantee you managers and leads are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get it solved and up as fast as humanly and safely possible.
    It's fun imagining the managers running around frantically with their heads cut off

And it's true! It's not like they purposely plan to have all these rides down at once. They're not like "WOO! A bunch of rides down! Who cares? Let's party!" It really sucks when that happens, but that just means you have time to kill and get to go on the other rides to get them checked off your list! They aren't going to be like "I'll get to it eventually." It's hard work keeping those old rides going. However, people that go in the off season should get a discount IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    But I guarantee you managers and leads are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get it solved and up as fast as humanly and safely possible.
    Haha, this is definitely true for Cars Land. Whenever a Cars Land attraction goes 101 at least one manager always comes out and hovers around the Maintenance CMs. They can't help diagnose or fix the problem but us Attractions CMs joke around that maybe their hovering puts pressure on Maintenance to work/diagnose faster.

• Not the Fallen

Maybe I think too far ahead, but I always check refurbs and my wait time app before/during my adventures at the park. Saves a lot of time and frustration.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Disneyland should seriously consider closing each park once a week or reduce crowds. The park just can't take this abuse continually without consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterRose13 View Post
    I have been in line for an hour or more only be turned around at the very end because a ride went down
    Whenever that has happened to us, we were given generic fastpasses.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Maybe I think too far ahead, but I always check refurbs and my wait time app before/during my adventures at the park. Saves a lot of time and frustration.
    I agree!
    I check the website to plan ahead. I didn't know IASW would be closed until a couple of days before our trip this time but I figured it was my planning and just one of those things. We live out of state and have only recently been able to come as much as once a year. We had also hoped for BTMRR to be up as well but it wasn't. For me and my family we are just so happy to be IN Disneyland. We don't allow it to ruin the whole trip. We can't afford to.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

While we can plan and research all we want, stuff will still happen. You can still check your wait time app as you're walking to the Haunted Mansion and it says it's only a 10 min. wait. By the time you get there, it can break down and have an hour long wait.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678