Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ideas for tomorrowland?

Hey, I'm just curious about your tomorrowland ideas, They need to open the People Mover again, or at least Rocket Rods. Also, The Disney team needs to hurry up on the Starcade second floor, I'm pretty sure all there is on the first floor is a shop so right now it's just "Star".

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Re: Ideas for tomorrowland?

It certainly needs a drastic makeover. If you are referring to bringing back some of the old rides, I'd love to see Rocket to the Moon and Mission to Mars again. I would want less IP attractions and more non IPs like Space Mountain.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• Some imagination, huh?

Bring back Rocket Rods! That is, if it was an improved version that did not break down all the time like it used too. At the very least the people mover would really add some kinetic movement to the otherwise currently dull TL.

Why would you bring back old rides to TOMORROW land?

I have said have said on other that in the theater that eo is in should be a show with bill nye and neil degrasse tyson Where they make science fun while showing the crowd the cool things that are being discovered today that will affect our lives in the future. This show could be updated every 5 years or so.

as for the PM/RR track it should be replaced with 1 of 2 things new structure, supports, and track should be taken care of. from that ether do a tron light cycle ride or a mini hyperloop transport of the future ride. if the tron ride happened it could go through the same basic rout of the previous track or make changes where imagineers see fit. any part that is outside would be enclosed in a 2 way mirror that allows people not on the ride to see it but the people on the ride see the light and the cycle racing beside them. i don't know enough about the hyperloop to say any details but it is a future technology that i would like to experience

Quote Originally Posted by LegitDisneyland View Post
    Also, The Disney team needs to hurry up on the Starcade second floor, I'm pretty sure all there is on the first floor is a shop so right now it's just "Star".
    I think the quickest fix for Tomorrowland is to convert the second floor of the Starcade into a more interesting queue for Space Mountain. Ever since FastPass came in and placed the merge point outside of the building, the line on top of the Magic Eye Theater is one of the least interesting and not to mention hot queues in the whole resort and I have a feeling they could do a lot of theming with an indoor queue, or at least some nice A/C.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Tomorrow's land fate is already sealed. That place is going to be Marvel Wars land eventually.

It's sad that original rides just aren't the top priority anymore...

Look how amazing modern original rides are.. Mystic Manor anyone?? Can't they just keep doing that stuff??

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    the line on top of the Magic Eye Theater is one of the least interesting and not to mention hot queues in the whole resort
    Too hot during summer and even spring! I stood in line for maybe 20 minutes and I was sweating so much that I had to leave. There was no shade and I was not about get heat stroke and then go on a coaster ride.

Even the restaurant below it Redd Rockets seems like a 50's style "future". In other words, it's what the 50's thought the future would look like. It needs to be 2000 futuristic. What 2000 would think the future would be. Flying cars, robotics, etc. The Jetsons was more futuristic than Tomorrowland.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

How about a "Gravity" ride where you get to dangle suspended at weird angles over a giant 3D Imax-style projection of space like in the movie.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    How about a "Gravity" ride where you get to dangle suspended at weird angles over a giant 3D Imax-style projection of space like in the movie.
    I don't know if you would get the same "gravity" feel by dangling over a screen as opposed to Mission Space in EPCOT.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I have had many ideas and have been changing my mind a lot.This is my idea :
    The First Part:
    Star Tours will be replaced with an ATIS motion simulator ride
    BLAB will make way for a dark ride about time travel where you time travel into different eras of time it will be called The Time Travel Adventure
    the Peoplemover will return
    The rockets will go back to its original space
    Space mountain stays the same and next to it (starcade) will be mission space the building that holds these attractions will be themed as a space port
    Redd Rockets will be the Tommorrowland Convention Center wich wi feature the alien encounter
    innoventions will be the carousel of progress
    The subs will be a journey to Atlantis submarine
    TLT will stay the same
    Lastly Autopia will have electric cars and you would drive through the city of the future and there will be a skyway that takes you there and a little passage the city of the future will feature shops dining and nightlife entertainment
    Hope you like it and I decided it should be scientific and futuristic at the same time

• -

Quote Originally Posted by kmelvin06 View Post
    The rockets will go back to its original space
    I would rather see them up on top of the Peoplemover loading platform than in their original space. At ground level like they are now and they originally were, it is just a spinner ride. When it was up high there was the added thrill of the height as well as the great views of the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would rather see them up on top of the Peoplemover loading platform than in their original space. At ground level like they are now and they originally were, it is just a spinner ride. When it was up high there was the added thrill of the height as well as the great views of the park.
    I think that is what kmelvin was trying to say.

• Meh

I think we would all love to see People Mover back again
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

@mickeytheboss

Your above quote is spot on: "Why would you bring back old rides to TOMORROW land"?

I thought Tomorrowland of the 70's and 80's was awesome. And I was sad to see some stuff go, but bringing those attractions back is the complete opposite of what they should be doing.

I don't know what futuristic attractions the Imagineers have on the drawing board for Tomorrowland, but I doubt their plan is to put attractions from nearly a half century ago back in the park.

• Sock Puppet

I think what they need to do is to theme tomorrowland to a view of tomorrow, not from a Jules Verne point of view, but from a view of the 1950s. I'm talking about the Jetsons and other such shows that show a very optimistic view of the future. Lots of nuclear art with bold colors, such as blues, reds, whites, and blacks. Maybe somehow make the peoplemover into flying saucers flying overhead with the Jetson-like sounds coming from them as they rush past. I think something like this, if done with the right budget, could make for a very good tomorrowland, only if they don't try to push marketing into the land. Keep tomorrowland tomorrowland, and don't make it space fantasyland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast