Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Re: The subs are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't know all of them, but I know they had major problems getting the subs and the film and audio to all sync together and they basically had to redesign the ride system after the project was supposed to be complete. Also, the projectors supposedly go through bulbs at a rapid pace, the drivetrain system is not a cheap to operate as they had hoped and the lagoon is leaking.
    What are your sources? Are there multiple places that have the same info?

The original leaked. So they did not fix it completely. Or could it be evaporation?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Imo the people that want this ride to close are just being far too stubborn and old fashioned. Not only is it a popular and adorable ride for children but it adds GREATLY to the atmosphere of the park. Especially in the creatively barren section of Tomorrowland that it exists in. I think its well themed as well, i've seen members wanting this ride to revert back to its original state or not exist at all and I think thats totally preposterous.

Why anyone would want the subs removed is beyond me, even if you don't personally love the ride itself. What everyone should focus their attention on removing/replacing is Innoventions and Captain EO. I see so much grief given to Finding Nemo yet no one seems to give a damn about the ENORMOUS waste of space that is Innoventions. Could you even imagine what they could build in its place? Leave the subs be.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by torturedbys0litude View Post
    Imo the people that want this ride to close are just being far too stubborn and old fashioned. Not only is it a popular and adorable ride for children but it adds GREATLY to the atmosphere of the park. Especially in the creatively barren section of Tomorrowland that it exists in. I think its well themed as well, i've seen members wanting this ride to revert back to its original state or not exist at all and I think thats totally preposterous.

Why anyone would want the subs removed is beyond me, even if you don't personally love the ride itself. What everyone should focus their attention on removing/replacing is Innoventions and Captain EO. I see so much grief given to Finding Nemo yet no one seems to give a damn about the ENORMOUS waste of space that is Innoventions. Could you even imagine what they could build in its place? Leave the subs be.
    It's a conversation forum. The Subs are a great topic of debate, which is why they're constantly brought up and theorized about.

Want to know why no one talks about Innoventions? Because everyone just assumes that it'll be taken out sooner rather than later for something new. It's a foregone conclusion, and most if not all conversation about it is focused on what will take its place.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post

Want to know why no one talks about Innoventions? Because everyone just assumes that it'll be taken out sooner rather than later for something new. It's a foregone conclusion, and most if not all conversation about it is focused on what will take its place.

The big difference (and I say this as a staunch subs defender and an Innoventions hater) is that the subs cost quite a bit of money to run (not that I know about it, but any attraction water based with such vehicles must be expensive to operate) and I bet Disneyland MAKES money from Innoventions.

That's the only one reason I can think of why that abomination of a place has outlasted America Sings and The Carrousel of Progress!

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Cool Re: The subs are going.

If they cost that much to operate... then good!! At least I won't feel so bad when they jack up the prices each year like they do
    Last edited by SiRocket; 02-23-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

So does this mean the Star Wars plans are put on hold/cancelled for Tomorrowland?? Please say yes lol.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    So does this mean the Star Wars plans are put on hold/cancelled for Tomorrowland?? Please say yes lol.
    Not likely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Just the Facts

I've not been following this, but could the film Finding Dory factor into any changes being thought about or rumored?

• Monorail Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    i wonder if, when the subs return, miceage will claim their coverage "saved" the subs.

They are the only ones claiming they'll go away, afaik.

nice!!!!!!!!!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

...yet no one seems to give a damn about the ENORMOUS waste of space that is Innoventions...
    No offense, but you clearly haven't paid much attention to what a lot of MC'ers have opined on that topic. I think that the reason that there has been little conversation about dumping Innoventions, relative to the amount of conversation about removing the subs, is that there is little debate about the fact that Innoventions needs to go. It seems that very few people really care for Innoventions, whereas the subs still appear to have a pretty sizable (and vocal) fanbase
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    Or, maybe there was never any Star Wars plans for Tomorrowland in the first place.

Does anyone ever consider that?

And that columnists here .. or anywhere ... are fed a bunch of nonsense?!!

Or ... "consider this dismaying observation" ... that sometimes people make stuff up ... say it's a "rumor" .... say it enough times for a few months ... so it sticks. Until it finally falls off the wall, because there was never a thing to hold it up in the first place.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

You are mistaken. A lot of people here, including myself, want Eo and Innoventions to leave. Just take a look at the countless Tomorrowland idea threads on here.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Or, maybe there was never any Star Wars plans for Tomorrowland in the first place.

Does anyone ever consider that?

And that columnists here .. or anywhere ... are fed a bunch of nonsense?!!

Or ... "consider this dismaying observation" ... that sometimes people make stuff up ... say it's a "rumor" .... say it enough times for a few months ... so it sticks. Until it finally falls off the wall, because there was never a thing to hold it up in the first place.
    Why did they put up all the Star Wars decorations at D23 then?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Why not a Star Wars themed submarine attraction?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    You are mistaken. A lot of people here, including myself, want Eo and Innoventions to leave. Just take a look at the countless Tomorrowland idea threads on here.
    I enjoyed the return of EO, and we do usually make it for a showing during each trip, but yeah... time to retire it again.

As for the subs, I'd be fine if they were removed, though I'd prefer if the park retained / built some type of larger water feature in that area.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast