Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The subs are going.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Why not a Star Wars themed submarine attraction?
    because knowing Disney, Jar Jar Binks will probably be associated with it

Exactly. The only underwater scenes in Star Wars are from The Phantom Menace and involve Jar Jar Binks.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Why did they put up all the Star Wars decorations at D23 then?
    D23 isn't a Disneyland-specific convention?

I could give a hoot about the subs (they died a long time ago for me when they replaced with Nemo)- what I really miss is the lagoon.

Btw my "source" cm says they think they're not coming back either.

• Done with MC.

Wink Re: The subs are going.

My trick knee tells me they're staying and that's good enough for me (it's never been wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    My trick knee tells me they're staying and that's good enough for me (it's never been wrong).
    I agree with you on that one. I don't understand the hatred for the subs.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    D23 isn't a Disneyland-specific convention?
    No it's not just for DL, but it's definitely been more DL focused and become more so each year due to location. I really don't think they put that stuff up just to tease efforts in other countries. Plus, Iger pretty much outright specifically said there are plans in the works to bring more SW to DLR.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• curiouser and curiouser

I don't hate the subs but I wouldn't miss them if they were replaced by something better.

I missed them for nine years when they closed the first time, but now after Nemo I'm a Little more 'meh'.

• Donald's #1 Fan

I'd miss the lagoon, not the subs. OK, I'd miss the subs AND the lagoon, but not Nemo.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Why did they put up all the Star Wars decorations at D23 then?
    Possibilities for DLP in France? HKDL? Shanghai DL? Tokyo Disney Resort? Walt Disney World? Take your pick.

With a total of 5 Disney resorts around the world, with a 6th one the way ... those subtle "Star Wars" nods at the convention could be for anywhere.

And even in their infant "Blue Sky" phases .... anything could happen. From postponing to cancellation. From any number of factors we are not privy to knowing.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Possibilities for DLP in France? HKDL? Shanghai DL? Tokyo Disney Resort? Walt Disney World? Take your pick.

With a total of 5 Disney resorts around the world, with a 6th one the way ... those subtle "Star Wars" nods at the convention could be for anywhere.

And even in their infant "Blue Sky" phases .... anything could happen. From postponing to cancellation. From any number of factors we are not privy to knowing.
    That's why I said it didn't mean anything for DLR when they had the Star Wars stuff at D23. It's a convention that features stuff for all of the parks (didn't they announce the New Fantasyland stuff there?). The Star Wars stuff seemed more to show potential ideas for future inclusion in any of the theme parks, not specifically Disneyland.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    because knowing Disney, Jar Jar Binks will probably be associated with it
    *shudder*

Meesa no likey.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Well if they are going (I was always skeptical), then they just spent a lot of money on new construction walls for nothing. This looks very encouraging!

I think we can rest assured that Nemo

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I was so hopeful! Oh well.. the lagoon is nice.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

D23 has become a DLR event more and more each year since it opened and will probably be killed soon because this. If Disney thought the international parks were so important to the D23 audience then why nothing about Ratatouille, nothing about Shanghai, very little about Mystic Manor?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast