Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: The subs are going.

What I can't put my finger on is the information they released about the water. When they drained and refilled Paradise Bay for World of Color, I was to understand it was the same water, just purified and held over. If they're not doing the same thing with the Nemo water, wouldn't that be an indication that it isn't coming back? Otherwise, wouldn't they be doing the same thing to conserve the water for a couple months while it's being refurbished?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    What I can't put my finger on is the information they released about the water. When they drained and refilled Paradise Bay for World of Color, I was to understand it was the same water, just purified and held over. If they're not doing the same thing with the Nemo water, wouldn't that be an indication that it isn't coming back? Otherwise, wouldn't they be doing the same thing to conserve the water for a couple months while it's being refurbished?
    There were some articles when the sub closure was announced that the water from the subs was going to be processed in the same manner.

• Donald's #1 Fan

My inside source, who's a friend of a churro vendor at Knotts, who knows a friend of friend who thinks he overheard a Cast Member at Universal say he had a girlfriend who used to think she dated a middle manager at Disneyland, but who actually only liked to dress as Tinkerbell at adult parties, says the subs aren't coming back.

I believe him.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I would be fine with that, and I'm a huge railroad enthusiast (my other big hobby outside of Disney). John Lasseter is huge fan of trains and railroads and I trust that if they do a movie about trains that it will be executed well, not to mention trains and railroads go way back in Disney history starting with Walt himself as well. I don't think they're likely in any case to touch the Disneyland Railroad as it was the attraction that pretty much started the whole concept of Disneyland but if they did do a retheme, I have faith that they will do it correctly.
    To each their own. But I would predict a lot of outrage if that happened.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    They're pumping the water out the the OC water district for treatment. When they are ready, they will contact the OC water district and begin pumping water back in. I'm not sure where you read that they use the *exact same water* or held it on site, but honestly that's a little silly. That's a MASSIVE amount of water, and to build a storage tank capable of holding nine MILLION gallons of water simply for a refurb process that happens every decade or so is a little out of the ordinary.

There are reasons to go through extra measures with this rather than simply pumping the water into the regular sewer system. Every company in CA is monitored for the amount of water they discharge into the storm drain/sewer system, and I'm relatively certain Disney doesn't want a sudden nine million gallon spike on their discharge level - which would raise their annual rates, possibly get them cited by state/county etc.

So they contact OC, make arrangements, and you have what they have now.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    Upper Management is taking away the costumes.
    Taking away from whom? The people who won't be working it for 8+months? That doesn't really say much. Just like the BTMRR, most of the staff that would work the attraction after a long downtime aren't the same staff that worked it prior... those people are moved onto other roles or leave the company with normal turnover.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I saw on Twitter that a sign appeared outside the attraction announcing that it will "resurface" in "Fall 2014".

• Former Churro Jockey

Okay, I have the definitive answer. Lock this thread, post it on the front of MiceChat. I called the psychic hotline and spoke with Madam Josephine and she said that the planet Neptune was in a favorible position and so the subs are definitely going to come back.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Say no to screens

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I saw on Twitter that a sign appeared outside the attraction announcing that it will "resurface" in "Fall 2014".
    I put one up yesterday
    Im not to sure what to think. There seems to be evidence for both sides....

They have the lagoon drained out now and its so cool to look at.
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Special Agent

By the end of summer, it will be difficult for Disney to justify using so much water for a theme park ride.

• Unhelpful User

What I dont get is why the subs would have to be removed for Disney to build an Ewok village. Isnt there plenty of room around Autopia? If the showbuilding underneath could handle autopia/People Mover couldnt it handle any ride? Would they really get rid of the lagoon in front of the Matterhorn?

• Donald's #1 Fan

Please... God.. anything but an Ewok village or anything Star Wars related over there. Just use the space between Tomorrowland and Main Street, so I don't ever have to set foot on that land.

(And I consider myself a hard core Star Wars fan)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Where's the photo? - we may want to add it to the collection of failed Disney promises.

Even so, DL had a sign on the Carousel of Progress building, after America Sings closed, for over a DECADE, saying they were Imagineering a new attraction. And don't forget the sign that said Rocket Rods would be returning, but they never did. And even a sign in the sub area (placed by a rogue Imagineer?) after the attraction was closed in the late 90's, saying that Atlantis would be coming.

Signs on closed attractions don't mean they are really coming back, even when DL puts the sign there!

• Donald's #1 Fan

I do remember the Atlantis sign. I actually was expecting that attraction. I still think it'd be better than Nemo!

•   
    • Minion

I guess that for now it's going to be one of those "wait and see" things. There seem to be compelling arguments on both sides but I'd like to believe that the subs will be back. As everyone else has mentioned, though, collecting the uniforms isn't suspect - they could be redesigning them, and since the CMs aren't using them for almost a year, there's no reason for them to hang onto the costumes.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast