Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The subs are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Okay, I have the definitive answer. Lock this thread, post it on the front of MiceChat. I called the psychic hotline and spoke with Madam Josephine and she said that the planet Neptune was in a favorible position and so the subs are definitely going to come back.
    Nonono, not Madam Joshephine ... Madame Le-OH-TAA!!!!
    (Then I would believe it.)

• film975

I'm beginning to wonder if the drought here in Southern California is the real reason Disney had to put the Submarine Voyage in refurbishment mode.

• Disneyland AP

The tomorrowland costumes are the worst. Maybe they're all getting an upgrade. What's futuristic about those boxy shirts and too high slacks? Besides, isn't there a reopen date online?

• The doctor is in

I think Tomorrowland has some of the worst costumes, if not the worst, in the resort. They are hideous.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Pan's Left-Hand Man

Here's a picture of the sign:

Instagram

And here's the drained lagoon:

Instagram

(These aren't my pictures, I just found them on Instagram.)
    "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
    J.M. Barrie

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly View Post
    Here's a picture of the sign:

Why would Disney put a sign up - "Resurfacing in Fall 2014" .. if it's reported to close permanently in favor of a "Star Wars"-ifcation of Tomorrowland?
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Mint Crocodile has a new photo update of DL/DCA ... with pictures of the subs .. about 2/3rds of the way down......

Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog

Disneyland Live website doesn't have anything up yet ... That site has such incredibly beautiful photography ... keep an eye out for them. They're are about due for a Weekly Update of DL.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Here's Disneygeek update. Another thorough weekly photo review of Disneyland. Disneygeek

• Artistic integrity

^^^^ Thanks for the main link ... a bit much to sift through page after page to get to the subs pictures ....

For anyone interested .. here is the link to start of pics for the subs -

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday, February 14, 2014
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Donald's #1 Fan

Those subs are quite the strange attraction. I don't care at all about the Nemo overlay. The original attraction was terribly outdated. And yet it's one of those rides that I simply refuse to imagine DL without. It's just... strikingly beautiful and original.

I love the Subs form the outside, watching them sail in the lagoon. The actual ride is okay, I kind of like the beginning of the ride better, before you enter the caves. I don't want the Subs to close.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Artistic integrity

Well .. given the fact WDW doesn't have theirs anymore .... and Mall of America got rid of theirs ......... Disneyland's is the last. It's nice to be actually underwater .. looking out those portholes .. instead of an artificial environment ... like Tokyo Disney Seas' 20K ride .. or the Nemo omnimover in the Seas Pavilion in EPCOT.

It's too special ... and we do need to remember .... it's a format that can be rigged with a new show. Any time Disney wants to.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Those subs are quite the strange attraction. I don't care at all about the Nemo overlay. The original attraction was terribly outdated. And yet it's one of those rides that I simply refuse to imagine DL without. It's just... strikingly beautiful and original.
    And this was the one of the first things I noticed at the Magic Kingdom. It wasn't even so much a ride was missing as much as a whole atmosphere thing. It really left a hole in the experience.

• Minion

The subs will be coming back in the fall. On the Star Wars front, expect foreign properties to see additions before either U.S. resorts.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Why would Disney put a sign up - "Resurfacing in Fall 2014" .. if it's reported to close permanently in favor of a "Star Wars"-ifcation of Tomorrowland?
    The sign doesn't necessarily mean they are coming back. It keeps looking more and more like they are though.

Name:  rocketrods6.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  26.8 KB
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast