Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: The subs are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Well .. given the fact WDW doesn't have theirs anymore .... and Mall of America got rid of theirs ......... Disneyland's is the last. It's nice to be actually underwater .. looking out those portholes .. instead of an artificial environment ... like Tokyo Disney Seas' 20K ride .. or the Nemo omnimover in the Seas Pavilion in EPCOT.
    Portions of nemo are underwater in Epcot... They just took away the view and made it only face one side. The original attraction had people face forward and you looked out both sides into the aquarium
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The sign doesn't necessarily mean they are coming back. It keeps looking more and more like they are though.

Attachment 34838
    I know what you mean Quentin .. after all there's this too

That sign went up following America Sings closure in April 1988. Funny how it took them 10 years to "imagineer a new attraction" ... and I doubt anyone is going to say Innoventions was worth the 10 year wait!

That said ....

If you don't look at the subs through rumor of a rumored "Star Wars" microcosm, you'll see more indicators are leading to a refurb. Not permanent closure.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• I'm not really here

In all fairness, that sign wasn't misleading. No timeframe given, and it did come back as something new. But yeah, the point does stand... this looks more and more like a refurb.

And at some point, probably not too far down the road, Star Wars will likely come in and the Subs will likely close. But I still think the Subs will be back, at least for a bit.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fowler'sINN

I love the whole idea of the sub ride, the lagoon, and it's place in the park, very iconic. But.... That ride is so worthless, and costs Disney so much to run and operate. It is the slowest loading ride and the subs are constantly having to be brought into the repair dock to be fixed, I guess those batteries are not working out as expected.

Now we have to stare at that stupid wall and worthless blue tarp near the monorail, very lame.

Doesn't everyone remember when they closed the subs the first time around, they said it was going down for a refurb but never opened until they re themed and brought on Nemo.

The lagoon and cave area could be used for an epic new Tomorrow land attraction, sorry Nemo, your designers did a horrible job and your ride costs Disney way more money, time, and trouble than it was supposed to.

Time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by FowlersINN View Post
    I love the whole idea of the sub ride, the lagoon, and it's place in the park, very iconic. But.... That ride is so worthless, and costs Disney so much to run and operate. It is the slowest loading ride and the subs are constantly having to be brought into the repair dock to be fixed, I guess those batteries are not working out as expected.

Now we have to stare at that stupid wall and worthless blue tarp near the monorail, very lame.

Doesn't everyone remember when they closed the subs the first time around, they said it was going down for a refurb but never opened until they re themed and brought on Nemo.

The lagoon and cave area could be used for an epic new Tomorrow land attraction, sorry Nemo, your designers did a horrible job and your ride costs Disney way more money, time, and trouble than it was supposed to.

Time to move on
    I worked at Nemo for like 6 months. The ride literally never broke down

• Fowler'sINN

Quote Originally Posted by LD1984 View Post
    The tomorrowland costumes are the worst. Maybe they're all getting an upgrade. What's futuristic about those boxy shirts and too high slacks? Besides, isn't there a reopen date online?
    im glad someone brought this up, the tomorrow land costumes are an absolute joke. How did a group of designers think those actually looked good? Figure it out Disney

• Fowler'sINN

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I worked at Nemo for like 6 months. The ride literally never broke down
    Did you work on Nemo at the beginning of its life or near the end? I'm sure the ride never broke down and stopped working but certain subs couldn't make it through an entire day without having to be fixed or repaired. The batteries that they used in place of the Diesel engines just couldn't take the ware and tear over 7 years of use..

• Donald's #1 Fan

It keeps looking more and more like they are though.
    What makes you think they are done? I see nothing but confirmation that the subs are just being refurbished. It's been 7 years. It's time to give it some TLC. It seems people would like to believe the ride is going to close for no reason at all... "It keeps looking more and more like they are through". NO proof whatsoever this is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    What makes you think they are done? I see nothing but confirmation that the subs are just being refurbished.
    I think you misread "though" as "through". Quentin was saying it's looking more and more likely that the subs are coming back:

The sign doesn't necessarily mean they are coming back. It keeps looking more and more like they are though.

I think you guys are making it too black and white. The subs are staying? The subs are going? Maybe it's neither. Maybe Disney is using this time right now to see how finances go over the summer and make a final decision later down the road. I think the sign saying it's coming back is to keep people from freaking out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chadwpalm View Post
    I think you guys are making it too black and white. The subs are staying? The subs are going? Maybe it's neither. Maybe Disney is using this time right now to see how finances go over the summer and make a final decision later down the road. .
    That argument has already been made many times, most prominently by the monthly MiceChat Updates. It is not a black and white debate like you suggest.

Alright I just found out that they are building the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in place of Nemo. They are just waiting to see first how the new ride goes over at WDW before starting construction here. I am sworn to secrecy on my source so don't ask. Have a magical day. Oops I have already said too much.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    It is not a black and white debate like you suggest.
    My argument was to the contrary.....that it ISN'T black and white...

• Unhelpful User

And what nobody seems to be clarifying is why would they "resurface in Fall"? So they are going to be closed all the way through the busy summer season? What could they possibly be doing that takes nearly a year to do? Sounds to me like they are punting far enough out so that nobody will be thinking about them coming back in time for summer and then nobody will care when fall rolls around. Considering I haven't heard a detailed report of what they are repairing/replacing over these months of downtime (and investing even more money into this albatross seems odd to me on its face) and this curious timeframe of when they are coming back, I'm voting for "never".

(And note I am not saying "I know", so no need to go through that, just my guess based on the evidence submitted).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chadwpalm View Post
    My argument was to the contrary.....that it ISN'T black and white...
    You said that the debate on MiceChat is black and white, when it really isn't

I think you guys are making it too black and white.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast