Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leaving for DL tomorrow!!

Tomorrow I will be in DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time I have been here in 8 years. I know Cars Land is new for us, but is there anything else we should do that HAS to be done or ride. We will be there from he 14-19 and want to do as much as we can. Do you have any tips or ideas for us. We are by no means DL experts. We are actually below novice if that is possible. Thanks!!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Leaving for DL tomorrow!!

Enjoy! We are 7 days behind you...

Are you staying at a DLR hotel? The EMH really makes a difference. Kids? You doing M&G or just rides? Where ya eating?

We are staying at the Fairfield Anaheim Hotel. No kids, just my parents and I. We pland to do M&G and lots of rides. No idea where to eat. Do you have any reccomendations?

• Indiana Scott

There's tons of new things to explore. Have a great trip!
    (Danged I'm jealous)

Thanks you two!

read the thread titled "worst trip ever" and prepare yourself for such events in the park. Ride closures in addition to refurbs will be the normal for your trip. So go with the expectation that you are looking for magic in every corner, throw away the "must do now" plan and prepare to walk from one berm to the other side. You stay is long so should be no problem

Entry into the park is now different. They snap you photo with a hand held device. Once they snap the photo,they slide your card, you enter into the turnstile, where they slide your ticket again. From that point on, every time you enter, they take your ticket, hold the machine to your face, squint into the sun and see if you match the photo. Then you slide your ticket again at the turnstile.

Because of this cubersome process, there is a frequent rope drop into the park. so the advantage of early entry is now gone for people free photos or peter pan riding. Remember early entry in Disneyland is on days that have the letter "T"

• Dreaming of next trip

as far as eating we have always liked the fried green tomato sandwich at the hungry bear in critter country.
    In DCA flows v8 is a great place to eat.
    also go to the pacific wharf cafe and get the bread bowls, I had a shrimp louie and I was surprised by the amount of shrimp that they put on it, there was more shrimp than I was expecting.
    The chicken dinner at the plaza in is good.
    have a great time we are planning on going down in April.

Single rider line for RSR in the afternoon/evening. See Carsland at Night. Single rider line for RSR. Do not eat turkey legs. Single rider line for RSR. Check out food on west side of Pier, been receiving great reviews.Single rider line for RSR. 60 min WAit time for TSM is normal. Single rider line for RSR. You can grab ponchos for Griz?? Ride autopia, may not be there 8 years from now. And remember, it is not the Disneyland you visited 8 years ago!!!!

• #bringevilback

Get there early for shorter lines and use FP and you should be able to avoid waiting more than 20 minutes or so for most rides. Since you are all adults you can also use single rider to reduce waits.

For eating, nicer locations in park are Blue Bayou and Carthay, but if you want a really nice meal it's worth it to go to Napa Rose. If you want a whole experience you can call and see if they have any availability for the chef's table. Smaller/casual eats that I like are corn dogs (either from the wagon on Main Street or stage door cafe if you want fries or at castle corn dogs in DCA), bread bowl soups, and then of course popcorn, churros and Mickey ice creams, and dole whips!

• Under that tree again!

You have a bunch of days but the were be some vacation crowds. Make great use of the first couple hours the park is open and when it's closing. If you need a break do it between lunch and the parade when the park is busiest(except tomorrow being a Friday crowds are worst after 5).

For the Frozen meet and greet, and the Princess meet and greet in Fantasy Faire do them right when they open because they will have long wait soon after opening.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You have a bunch of days but the were be some vacation crowds. Make great use of the first couple hours the park is open and when it's closing. If you need a break do it between lunch and the parade when the park is busiest(except tomorrow being a Friday crowds are worst after 5).

For the Frozen meet and greet, and the Princess meet and greet in Fantasy Faire do them right when they open because they will have long wait soon after opening.
    Frozen M&G doesn't start until 11, so if the opening is any time other than 10 don't waste your morning. The line quickly gets to 2 hours but basically stays there all day. Use your mornings for something else

Thank you everyone for the wonderful info!! We are so excited!

As far as food, depends what you like and which meals, etc.
    Personally, I thought Flo's was ok for breakfast, but had a practically inedible dinner there, and wouldn't recommend it due to that experience. In the parks, for more expensive meals Carthay is great - Blue Bayou may not have as good food, but the atmosphere may be worth it.
    Plaza Inn and Carnation Cafe will also get you a good meal.
    Paradise Pier in DCA area has lots of options for different kinds of "faster" food, so if some members of your party want different things they can always get what they want and bring it to the table and eat together with the rest of the group. A lot of DCA will be new to you if you haven't been in 8 years.
    As said before, get FastPasses, try single rider lines, and get there early!
    If you want to get FPs for Radiator Springs Racers, get them early, as they usually run out.
    Have a great time!

• Meh

Sounds you haven't been in some time! Make sure to watch World of Color, Mickey and the Magical Map, Aladdin etc! Go on the rides you haven't been on, they're all good! Cars Land is awesome you're going to have a blast!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast