Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Meet Patti Burke, head of Lucasfilm's...Theme Park Division?

Was browsing around Lucasfilm's new website, when I stumbled upon their executive team. The one that caught my attention was Patti Burke, who is now head of Lucasfilm's theme park division.

Here's the link.

I may be wrong, but it might suggest what is to come. Her past position as head of Disney's Imagineering theme park division makes me believe there might be a much larger Star Wars park project, Disneyland or elsewhere, in the works.

What do you guys and gals think?

• Down Pluto!

Re: Meet Patti Burke, head of Lucasfilm's...Theme Park Division?

That is sad. Very sad. There is enough Star Wars in the park already. Unfortunately Disney wants to milk more money from fanboys, so they will sell the farm for it.

Really, Disney Leadership? Isn't your reputation bad enough?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I'd be excited to see what they can come up with. Hopefully it doesn't take over Tomorrowland but either a section of DHS or a third gate in Anaheim.

• Under that tree again!

Star Tours is old, and there is lots of Disney Parks so plenty of land to work with and new attractions will really feel new compared to the old.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Star Tours is old, and there is lots of Disney Parks so plenty of land to work with and new attractions will really feel new compared to the old.
    So you are saying that ANY new is better than ANY old?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    So you are saying that ANY new is better than ANY old?
    No, but what I'm saying is more is more, and different is different. Obviously people want more that is different, not less or more of the same.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No, but what I'm saying is more is more, and different is different. Obviously people want more that is different, not less or more of the same.
    I think people want more that is good - not just different. If given a choice after an awful attraction, people would chose old and less over new, different and terrible.

Not all change is progress. There must be a quality change, not just new and different. DCA 1.0 was new and different - and anyone notice how they broke attendance records the first few years? Many preferred the old parking lot over that more and different.

• Minion

I'm all for Star Wars Land in Florida. There's no place for it here in California, unless a third gate is built. I'd be for that, but to have Star Wars take over Tomorrowland is alarming and depressing.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'm all for Star Wars Land in Florida. There's no place for it here in California, unless a third gate is built. I'd be for that, but to have Star Wars take over Tomorrowland is alarming and depressing.
    Truth

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    That is sad. Very sad. There is enough Star Wars in the park already. Unfortunately Disney wants to milk more money from fanboys, so they will sell the farm for it.

Really, Disney Leadership? Isn't your reputation bad enough?

Couldn't have said it better myself. This seals the park's fate, iMHO, unless they build a third gate.

Again, I'm a big, big Star Wars fan, and the last thing I want to see in DL is any more Star Wars. I don't want to see a Star Wars convention. I don't want to see hordes of fans dressed up as Jedis around spoiling the illusion of what the park is. I don't want to see the (almost dead) dream of what Tomorrowland should be destroyed. But I guess time goes on.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. This seals the park's fate, iMHO, unless they build a third gate.

Again, I'm a big, big Star Wars fan, and the last thing I want to see in DL is any more Star Wars. I don't want to see a Star Wars convention. I don't want to see hordes of fans dressed up as Jedis around spoiling the illusion of what the park is. I don't want to see the (almost dead) dream of what Tomorrowland should be destroyed. But I guess time goes on.
    I would love that as a third gate, and I would go there. However - Tomorrowland should not be that gate.

Star Tours is getting up there in age chronologically, but it's still as thrilling and fun as ever. Good luck to anyone trying to top it. It's a GREAT attraction and has earned it's place among the other classic Disney attractions.

Like a lot of others here I feel that the Imagineers could do some incredible things with Star Wars, but hope that it isn't going to take over Tomorrowland.

Disney didn't spend 4 billion on Lucasfilm and not plan to expand Star Wars in the parks, but I truly hope that it's at a third gate. It seems as though a third gate is a virtual certainty at this point with the success of California Adventure. Disney wants you on property as long as possible and I know my wife and I visit for 4 or 5 days now when it was 3 or 4 in the 90's when we first started going together. With a third gate it would probably be a week for our trip and that would be true for a LOT of other families.

Kind of like WDW, I wouldn't even bother flying over there unless I was staying at the resort for a week minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post

Disney didn't spend 4 billion on Lucasfilm and not plan to expand Star Wars in the parks, but I truly hope that it's at a third gate.
    Agreed. This has been my thinking for a while. The Star Wars (and possibly Indy) expansions were inevitable as soon as that $4b check cleared. The issue is where to put it? I personally don't want it in DL's Tomorrowland, not because I don't want to ruin TL (Bring mystery island/discovery land), but because I don't think the space and current infrastructure can support a proper Star Wars area. It deserves a fresh start, which a third gate could provide.

Let's do it right the first time Disney.

• Minion

As a huge Star Wars fan, Id love to see it have a theme park presence somewhere. But to replace it not only with one of Walt's original lands (a concept proven so well it has been replicated 4 times), but with a restrictive, brand-specific theme. Disneyland should have broad themes so attractions can be as wide in appeal as possible.

I would go nuts if Star Wars came to DHS in Florida, though...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I agree. There are so many other ideas that could have recognition in Tomorrowland. I don't see why one franchise has to dominate the land.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast