Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Apparently Frozen is a monster hit. So what should we expect in the parks?

I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I have been hearing about how wildly successful it is and how it passed the Lion King as the highest grossing animated film of all time. So presumably it will be coming to the parks in a big way, beyond just the mandatory meet & greet. So what other Frozen-related things do you think we'll see in the parks?

My guess is a new parade. Disney hasn't had a really good daytime parade (in my opinion) since Mulan. The Lion King, Hercules, and Mulan were all really good parades, and since then they've all be a weird mixed up patchwork quilt kind of feeling as if Disney just threw a bunch of floats into a mixer and this is what came out. I couldn't even tell you what parade is operating right now. I could definitely see a new show as well, but maybe only at WDW. I don't think Frozen: The Musical would replace either the Lion King or Finding Nemo simply because it wouldn't fit thematically at Animal Kingdom, but they have plenty of room to build a new specifically designed theater and add a show to either The Magic Kingdom, the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, or Hollywood Studios. At Disneyland it would would have done well in the old Pocahantas theater but Disney just started running a new show there so I'm sure they're not going to take it out for yet another new one. I definitely could see them taking out Aladdin and replacing it with Frozen, but I'd rather see Frozen in a custom built theater. I guess they could redo the Captain Eo theater into an actual theater with a stage, but Frozen doesn't fit in Tomorrowland (not that it's ever stopped them before).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

Re: Apparently Frozen is a monster hit. So what should we expect in the parks?

Perhaps a Frozen ride in the Motorboat Cruise area would be the best way to represent this popular franchise.

• Heavy Breather

Little Mermaid was a big hit, and we didn't see an attraction for that movie until over 20 years after it's release.

Lion King was a massive success, and we still don't have a proper attraction for it.

Sure both of these films had shows on the parks, but no major attractions (until recently with Mermaid) So I wouldn't hold my breath on a Frozen attraction arriving anytime soon.

Oh and Beauty and the Beast, where's that dark ride? If there is a movie worthy of one, BatB is it!

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    My guess is a new parade. Disney hasn't had a really good daytime parade (in my opinion) since Mulan. The Lion King, Hercules, and Mulan were all really good parades, and since then they've all be a weird mixed up patchwork quilt kind of feeling as if Disney just threw a bunch of floats into a mixer and this is what came out.
    I never saw any of those parades but my favorite would have to be Parade Of Dreams to me that is the best parade out of all the ones I have seen,

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Little Mermaid was a big hit, and we didn't see an attraction for that movie until over 20 years after it's release.

Lion King was a massive success, and we still don't have a proper attraction for it.

Sure both of these films had shows on the parks, but no major attractions (until recently with Mermaid) So I wouldn't hold my breath on a Frozen attraction arriving anytime soon.

Oh and Beauty and the Beast, where's that dark ride? If there is a movie worthy of one, BatB is it!
    To sum it up.

On screen success doesn't demand park attractions.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

ORDDU: Exactly.

• photography Nut

I feel they ought to at least add the song "let it Go" to the performace at the mad T Party !

I would love to see a Frozen dark ride. I would let Tokyo Disney take the lead on designing the ride and then bring it to the parks in California/Florida.

• Artistic integrity

Nothing?

It takes WDI how long to develop a ride .. from pencil sketch to grand opening? Try roughly 5 years. That's the norm ... across the board ... when looking at past efforts.

It would be 2019 by the time it would open .. and will Frozen be the best thing since sliced bread then?

If anything .... perhaps mini stage presentation in the Hyperion aka - Aladdin ... that can come together within a year to a year and a half.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

I personally love Frozen. But I would absolutely HATE for any ride or attraction to be incorporated into the park themed after it. There are much greater Disney movies, in my opinion, that deserve a spot over Frozen. For example, The Lion King, which is 20x better (huge cat lover here). Oh, 101 Dalmatians is amazing as well, same with Cinderella, and other classics - those should be added first.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    So what other Frozen-related things do you think we'll see in the parks?
    Short term we will see the meet and great continuing. Also we will see Anna, Elsa and maybe Kristoff in the parades. We might even see a small production in the disneyland fantasy fair stage.

Just my guess.

• Queen Elsa

Well there hasn't really been talk of adding Kristoff or Hans to the park but who knows. Hans could come out during Halloween time send Hans is a cold hearted villian.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Well there hasn't really been talk of adding Kristoff or Hans to the park but who knows. Hans could come out during Halloween time send Hans is a cold hearted villian.
    not just cold, but frozen hearted

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    not just cold, but frozen hearted
    Right and like I told Aurora the last time I saw her Hans is the most evil villian out of all the Disney villians even with Maleficent. She along with Jafar, Ursula and some others may have powers but Hans doesn't but what he try to do was to kill both sisters with one blow was just too evil to stand. To me the likes of Maleficent,Jafar and Ursula where like childs play what there evil is to Hans.

• The doctor is in

I still don't see what the big deal with Frozen is. I didn't think it was all that great, tbh. "Let It Go" was the best part of the whole movie.

But with that said, I wouldn't surprised to see a themed ride or area at some point in the future. Not necessarily anytime soon but at some point. Maybe a themed party or show will come before an attraction. They've already announced that it's going to Broadway, so it just might take Aladdin's spot in DCA within the next year or so.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast