Disney Rewards Visa Meet and Greet

I've had a Disney Rewards Visa for a few years, but I have never done the character meet and greet in DCA. I usually don't even think about it when we're there and the info on the website for it is very vague. However, I think we might try it on our trip next week. Has anyone done it? Where exactly is it and does it only operate at certain times? What characters have you seen there?

Re: Disney Rewards Visa Meet and Greet

I haven't gone to the meet and greet personally, but I do know that it operates in the early morning hours. It's located near the Monsters Inc attraction in California Adventure and the 2 most common characters are usually Minnie Mouse and Stitch.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I have have gone to the meet and greet on a few trips. And yes, it is in DCA at area between Monster Inc and the old Hollywood and Dine building. They do put up a sign, near where the meet and greet is. It's on the right side, behind that fake gas station, or what ever that little shaded area is. They will ask to see your Disney Card, and the wait time is usually very short. Sometimes there might be a little wait if they are switching between Minnie and Stitch. There will be a photopass photographer and at least one cast member at the meet and greet, and you can certainly ask them to take some photos with your own camera, too. They will also give you a voucher, that can be redeemed for one photo that was taken at this particular meet and greet. The voucher cannot be used for any other photopass photos. This is the only meet and greet, at the resort, unfortunately they don't have one in Disneyland

• Selfie Expert

Ditto to everything Aladdin said. I went once because I REALLY wanted to meet Stitch! It's a nice little private kind of meet and greet. Lots of time for interacting and photos.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Mouseke-Awesome

Interesting, I might take advantage of it this weekend as well. I just got a card and was wondering about the meet & greet area.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

• #bringevilback

It's always Minnie or Stitch and they switch out every half hour. I'm pretty sure Minnie starts so she's the second half of the hour, Stitch is the first half, and the oncoming usually walks out and they cross paths so there is very little down time. Just keep in mind the pictures can take a whole to upload so don't go straight to the photo shop. It usually takes about an hour. If you are leaving and they haven't uploaded yet, ask for a lead and they will usually allow you to pick another character photo or allow you to pick up the next day. Also, keep in mind if you have more than one account (ie debit and credit) you can get two vouchers, and if you are there multiple days you can go once per day per card.

Thanks for all the info, everyone! This has been super helpful. I have never seen Stitch as a meet and greet so it will definitely be worth trying!

• Chief Troublemaker

If you're staying at one of the resort hotels, can you request that the photo be sent to the hotel like purchases are?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"