Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hollywood And Dine

Whatever happened to it? When did it Close? Did anyone else like it?
    5 days a week

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Hollywood And Dine

It's now used for Private Events..........Never did get to go,! DLR makes so darn much money now off that building, we may never get to see it again as a public dining place!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It wasn't very good, confusing scatter service, lots of premade stuff. Never got any good reviews.

It is now known as Stage 12, and Hollywood and Dine sign has been removed from the building.

I was in it on January 22nd, since they converted it to the Media Center. All the tables have been removed (the legs were placed in concrete originally), but some of the serving stations remain along the east wall.

Also, got a chance to go inside the old Millionaire that evening, ALL the seating and the set have been removed, and is now basically an empty building. They hosted the celebrity party that afternoon, and then the Disney Management party that evening in the building.

EDITED to add: Hollywood and Dine closed in Summer of 2001, just a few months after the park opened. Part of the problem was that it was in the far corner of the park, which no one was going to, especially with Stupid Star Lame-o next door.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 02-01-2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: To add closing info
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I liked it! The Chinese food was good. I liked the sandwich's. I went a few times and never had anything I didnt like.

Never got to go in.

• Banned User

Went in once when DCA first opened but being a really new Disneyland type person I had no idea what was going on and paid no attention to it. I think I got a hot dog or something, I don't remember.

I loved the concept and the decor.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

went once in March of 2001, had the pizza and it wasn't very good IMO. I lived in AZ at the time, so the only time I went to DCA while it was open, and I can say that it was in such a bad spot at the time, ToT didn't exist yet and SuperStar Limo was the only thing in the area. It was on the park map, otherwise never would have gone, didn't even go on Superstar limo.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Prefect

Blog Entries

the only times i ever got to go in was for a couple of annual passholder preview events (which i don't think they really do anymore )
    <o>

• Feel the breeze!

Back in early March '01 my friend and I went. As Olympicnut said - the Chinese food was good.

• Minion

Oh wow .. I thought it was open beyond 2001. Well .. anyway .... as the high critic I am of Disney's Crass Amusements ... I actually made it a point to do lunch or early dinner here many times! Over the far right .. in a section "Shwabs" ... were the BEST sandwiches in the entire resort!!! Chicken salad, tuna, turkey .. piled up high .. potato salad ....... Very hearty .. healthy sandwiches. The ONLY place in DCA I could find healthy food with decent portions .......... Then I'd go sit in the "tiki" corner ..and had an enjoyable time next to Stupidstar Lame-O ... as cheasy as that was .. a fun dark ride for me (I love any dark ride - even the bad ones! )

• Long live the Fire Lord

I liked it. There were 4 different types of food there, so it was perfect for big groups. Everyone could just get whatever they wanted, then we could all sit together. They also had my 2 favorite desserts I've never seen at the resort again: Chocolate covered chow mein, and cherry cheesecake brownies. Mmmmmm
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Minion FOREVER!

Went there a bunch of times. It wasn't super, but definitely acceptable. Since it was a scattetoria, it was really quick service and rarely busy. Also liked the selection of food here which meant that the whole family could more easily find something we wanted. Pretty bummed out when it closed since it was
    our favorite place to eat in this quadrant of DCA.
    -----
    Edit: yes. the Chinese food was even worse than most malls. But the pizza was
    decent and the sandwiches were pretty good.
    Last edited by nish221; 02-02-2006 at 01:15 PM.

I never ate there but admired the decor. Although I have no pictures of it, I recall their mini-dining rooms themed to historic Hollywood hangouts like the Zebra Room, Victor Hugo's, Ciro's, Schwab's and Don the Beachcomber's. Each one was like an unfinished set but contained original, framed ephemera from each restaurant. I hope Disney hasn't tossed that stuff out.

• e komo mai

They should turn it into the Sci-Fi Drive Inn like the one at Disney MGM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast