Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Mark & Steven's Fairy Tale Disneyland Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    This is really making me want to have a renewal of vows ceremony at DL for our 30th. I'm going to have to check & see if they do that. Then take the next few years to talk DH into it (he's NOT a Disney fan)!

I'm so jealous. I would have loved a Disney wedding but when you're young & poor….. So I'll just live vicariously through you two!
    I'm honestly not sure about renewal ceremonies, that would be something small and intiment, but I'd still say it probably wouldn't be cheap. Disney has the $5k Getaway package that's for very very small weddings that consist of a ceremony, cake, light reception for about 10-15 people

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I might have wanted an actual ceremony under different social circumstances, but gay marriage is still too political of a topic for me to feel good about spending bucket loads of money on an industry that is literally only interested in gays getting married so they can accept those bucket loads of money.

But I say, if you've got it-flaunt it, flaunt it, flaunt it!
    As mentioned we initially talked and said to ourselves, that just being together was enough. Then the shift started happening from state to state, allowing gay marriage. Seeing the tide start to turn, so did our attitudes about it and feelings of wanting a ceremony. It wasn't until the federal government allowed federal benefits if you're married in a state that allows it, did we say yes definitely. We were going to go do a quick justice of the peace ceremony and come back to Texas, but once we told his parents, they were like, if we're going to do this, lets do it big and go for it and get married at Disneyland. Took us by surprise and now thrown into all this.

I know gay marriage is such a political topic (for gays and straight) and I even was worried of posting anything here, as I don't want the thread to become anything but a happy place to talk about two people in love and what it's like to get ready for Disney Fairytale Wedding. I think they happen so infrequently, so many people wanted to hear about what it's like, and of course see pics of the actual day which i can't wait to share with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Love this shot!
    Which was almost by accident. We stopped to look at pics we had just taken and my partner pointed to our shadows and said, Look!. lol

• former CM

Congratulations!

. . . . ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... . . . . . . . . . --Tom Sinsky

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

Congratulations!

. . . . ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... . . . . . . . . . --Tom Sinsky
    Thank you so much!

Knowing that we were going to have a Disney wedding, going overboard with a Disney theme wasn't something we wanted, but more concentrated on the Fantasy aspect of it. Also, being that the wedding is in December, we didn't want it to be Christmas themed, so we decided on a winter wonderland. No big post today, but just some pictures that we found that we used as inspiration for our special day. Some are quite over the top, not that I would be against that. But these photo's gave us the idea for what we wanted and what to present to the wedding planner for the overall "feel" of the wedding we invisioned.

Now to see if they come through......*bites nails*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

As the Marketing Manager for two of Disney's Good Neighbor Hotels, if you're unable to stay on property, drop me a note. I promise we will take very good care of you and I will handle your reservation personally.

Congratulations!!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    This was one item that we wanted and were a little freaked out at the cost, if I remember correctly it's approximately $3000. That takes us a very short ride to the aisle of our ceremony and the driver of the coach in all his finest, is our ring bearer. Once the ceremony is done, they drive you around the resort for an hour while the pre-reception is going on and drop you off at the reception area. It's a lot for what you get, but it's the one big thing we said yes to.
    Definitely expensive... but still on my bucket list. Thank you so much for the info! I'm so excited you guys are going to use it!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

I had a nice wedding, but I'm beginning to get a little jealous of you two. This sounds like an awesome affair. Just a reminder to post many, MANY photos.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I had a nice wedding, but I'm beginning to get a little jealous of you two. This sounds like an awesome affair. Just a reminder to post many, MANY photos.
    Thank you! I always take tons of photo's, so trust me I will continue to post lots of them.

• Disney Fanatic

Congrats! This is an awesome idea for a thread.
    I've tossed around the idea of a Disney wedding jokingly to my boyfriend, but honestly, if I had the money and if we lived closer (Canada ), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm completely jealous of you! But pretty excited to keep reading your posts and see how your special day turns out for you!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    As mentioned we initially talked and said to ourselves, that just being together was enough. Then the shift started happening from state to state, allowing gay marriage. Seeing the tide start to turn, so did our attitudes about it and feelings of wanting a ceremony. It wasn't until the federal government allowed federal benefits if you're married in a state that allows it, did we say yes definitely. We were going to go do a quick justice of the peace ceremony and come back to Texas, but once we told his parents, they were like, if we're going to do this, lets do it big and go for it and get married at Disneyland. Took us by surprise and now thrown into all this.

I know gay marriage is such a political topic (for gays and straight) and I even was worried of posting anything here, as I don't want the thread to become anything but a happy place to talk about two people in love and what it's like to get ready for Disney Fairytale Wedding. I think they happen so infrequently, so many people wanted to hear about what it's like, and of course see pics of the actual day which i can't wait to share with everyone.
    ~So glad you are sharing your preparations for your very special day with us!
    I'm sure many of us are enjoying your posts so far and looking forward to more as the event approaches!

So how did it all start?.....

So how did we get to where we are today, having a Disneyland wedding? It's been about 8 years in the making, give or take.

Steven and I met almost 8 years ago and it was one of those "love at first sight" sort of things, which I know many don't believe in, but I can attest that it was true. I knew the day I met him, that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with and he felt the same.

We spent the next few years building our lives together, living in a loft near downtown Dallas. Settling in quickly and getting into our routines which couples often do with everything just fell into place. We were then and still are a couple that rarely had disagreements, hardly ever fought. The longer we're together, the less we disagree and argue. I don't know about him so much, but that's definitely a first to me.

We quickly found out that we both had a love for all things Disney, which let me tell you is a rare thing. People can say they've been to one of the Disney parks and like Disney movies, but to truly say you're a full on Disney fanatic is something you meet every day. At least not to the level of going to the parks 2-3 times a year, Disney cruises once a year, owning a DVC timeshare and going as far as to having a full on Disney guest bedroom and bathroom.

Over the years, we talked some about marriage and what it meant to us, if anything. Neither of us really thought about it too much. I think it was for the most part, in the back of our minds that maybe some day we might have a ceremony. The thoughts of actually getting married legally 8 years ago wasn't even a consideration. Funny how far our country has come in just these past 8 years.

About 4 years ago or so (we're really bad with exact dates and years), we made a commitment to one another privately, exchanging rings to signify our desire and commitment to be with one another for the rest of our lives. And once a year, at Cinderella's wishing well we throw in a couple coins and wish for continued health and happiness.

It wasn't until last year with all the changes around the country and after CA now allowing gay marriage, did our talk of actually getting married started to happen. We toyed around with the idea of a Disney wedding and looked into it. Until we told his parents and we made official did things start moving along.

But there was one crucial thing that hadn't happened yet. Neither one of us had proposed. It was that awkward things sitting out there. We seemed to have skipped past that part of the process. Without the other one knowing, we both had planned in our own way to propose to the other during our September trip last year. We both even went as far to order Mickey ears with "Marry Me?" on the back. I had no problem getting mine to actually say "Marry Me?", yet he had trouble since Disney recently changed the rule of not printing anything but real names when he ordered his ears (no phrases allowed), so he had to have "Merri Me?" printed on the back instead. Silly Disney rules.

Long story longer, I had planned on trying to get a boat to ourselves, late at night on our favorite ride, Storybook and propose to him on there. Prior to that, I was going to do it at the Wishing Well, with his parents help, but that didn't work out. This was to be done on a Saturday night. Friday night before that, Steven made out of the blue dinner plans at Napa Rose. Not knowing even where Napa Rose was, we were walking through the Grand Californian and even walked right past Napa Rose and I didn't notice, we went up the elevator to one of the upper floors, walked to someone sitting at a desk and Steven said, Steven party of two and the man told us to go out and wait on the patio for our table to be ready. I found this all the sudden very strange and when walking to the patio, it had a folded screen on the front. Outside, was a small patio built for two, set up for a very romantic private dinner. Flowers, Champagne, Mickey Ears, Pins, Autographed photo from Mickey, two kissing Mickey's and an amazing dinner by Napa Rose. Steven had set up a Sweetheart Dinner, which I didn't even know Disney did.

After drying my eyes a few times, he then got on his knees and proposed. Rest is history I guess.

Here are a few pics from our Sweetheart Dinner and proposal.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Love this!! So excited you are getting your dream wedding Congrats to you both!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Chief Troublemaker

The story of your love left me with tears in my eyes. I'm an 'old (figuratively! LOL) married lady' who definitely believes in love at first sight. I was a VERY cynical 'I hate men' kinda girl (due to some bad 'choices' I made) years ago when I first laid eyes (literally) on my DH and said to my BFF "I'm going to marry that man someday!". He was to be the best man & I the maid of honor at her wedding and she hadn't even introduced us yet! We were married less than a year later. A true 'coup de foudre'! Even after all these years, raising 2 sons, a few 'spats', and life's normal ups & downs he can still set my heart racing by just smiling at me in 'that way'.

It doesn't matter who you are, or whom you choose to love. Those of us who have found our life's companions are truly blessed!

Oh, btw I did check on the renewal ceremony. For what I'd like it would be around $12,000 for 20 people. OUCH! If my DH has one 'flaw', it's that he is NOT a Disney fan & he was not at all, um, enthusiastic. But on the other side, he did point out how many Disney vacations I'd be able to pay for with that amount of money. LOL. So, I'll just continue to live vicariously through you two.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast