Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Mark & Steven's Fairy Tale Disneyland Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Moving at a snails pace.....

Things are moving along. Not as fast, as I would like it to, but what can you do? We're at the place where we really don't have much to do on our end or any major decisions to make. We had a scare for a little while about our 2nd visit with the wedding planner. Disney requires you to meet with them twice before the wedding (to milk you for all the money they can, knowing that anyone getting married at Disneyland, is obviously a Disney Nut and will make it into a vacation).

The second meeting is dealing with food and cake tasting and making final preparations and decisions if needed. We made plans for the tasting to be in September, a few weeks after we get back from a Disney Cruise on the Fantasy. That's a lot of Disney in only a few weeks. I'm sure we'll manage. We made our DVC (timeshare) reservations as well. Then when we tried to verify, Disney had no recollection or plans for the tasting with the Chef's. At all. That threw us into a bit of a panic. Time off from work had been submitted and approved, reservations made, plans set in motion. I don't like plans not working out or changing. It's just in my nature to freak out. Which I did, of course.

Luckily, recently we got confirmation that the Chef's could meet us on our original weekend we had set in September to go to Disneyland. That was the last bit of planning we have at this moment in time. Budget is submitted and done. They haven't emailed us about anything and we haven't had any more contact with them. I feel like I need to hear from them every couple weeks to keep me sane. I'm sure they're busy.

A few more people have committed to going and friends are now discussing hotel booking and the specifics of what to do and when, which is good. Christmas time at the resort is a crazy time, so it's best to be prepared and have everything done early.

So being 9 months out, it feels like time is dragging and will never get here. We're not having to do the normal planning that most people do for weddings, so at times I feel like we're just sitting here waiting for the date to get closer before I have to start popping Xanax.

The one thing that we get asked most about our wedding, is Cinderella's coach. Oddly enough, people are so curious about it and what will happen. It seems the people we've talked to who want a Disney wedding, want to make sure they have this as part of their Fantasy wedding. We were no different.

The coach will pick us up at the Disneyland Hotel and drive us ALL the way over to the Rose Garden, which is probably a 30 second drive. It cracks me up. It will feel like those times you valet, and you can see your car parked 10 feet from you, yet you make the valet go get your car and tip him 5 bucks anyway. The coach will stay parked and as a backdrop during the ceremony. One of the Coachmen, will be our ringbearer. I won't know much more about that piece probably until our rehearsal. After the ceremony is complete and everyone heads to the pre-reception, we will get back into the carriage for a ride around the resort. I'm honestly not sure where we will go for that entire hour, unless the horse walks at a snails pace. Again, another item I guess we'll find out when we get there. Eventually after riding around in circles we'll be taken to the reception for our grand entrance.

Luckily, I'll have a full hour to get my emotions back in place. I swear this is the reason for the ride around the resort.

Btw, meant to mention that this is amazing!!! No idea yet where it takes you for that hour? I've never seen it anywhere, guess it's not out and about much in the public areas?

I just want to say what a lovely thread this is and so much fun! Congratulations to you both and thank you so very much for sharing this journey with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Btw, meant to mention that this is amazing!!! No idea yet where it takes you for that hour? I've never seen it anywhere, guess it's not out and about much in the public areas?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonLove View Post
    I just want to say what a lovely thread this is and so much fun! Congratulations to you both and thank you so very much for sharing this journey with us!
    Thank you both! Hoping to have stuff to share up until the actual weekend of the wedding, which after that will be TONS of info and pictures.

Now THAT's a wedding cake....

Name:  10273745_448111888666312_2695203767599465040_n (419x600).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  249.3 KB

• Elk Grove Chris

Wow.

Hate to have to be the one to have to cut up that piece of art. Take you an hour just to get all the characters off. This would be one to encase in a glass box and just bring out sheet cake for the guests. Two groom cakes? One to save one to eat!
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by chris001 View Post
    Wow.

Hate to have to be the one to have to cut up that piece of art. Take you an hour just to get all the characters off. This would be one to encase in a glass box and just bring out sheet cake for the guests. Two groom cakes? One to save one to eat!
    I agree, it's too amazing to eat. Our cake will be simple 3 square layers, covered in candied ice crystals. The inside is whats amazing, each of them with a different cake, cream and alcohol soak.

Any updates?

Any updates?

I've been such a bad poster!

It's been that odd time of the year when it comes to the wedding planning. Our Disneyland planners have everything they need from us. There has been a few emails back and forth to work out some details with our hotel stay. Needless to say, they didn't have us booked at all. I'm sure with all they have going on things slip through the cracks like this, so you still have to stay on top of things and it's a good thing we did. All has been taken care of and we actually have a place to stay for the wedding.

With 206 more days to go until the big day, we're getting to the point where we have some decisions to make. We have one of our close friends officiating the ceremony. Now, we need to sit down and try to find a very simple ceremony that fits us and works well. We haven't decided on if we're writing our own vows or not either. Most everyone is telling us that we need to and it's something we'll wish we had done if we didn't. I think that's going to be one of the hardest and most emotional parts of this process. Those are the next two items on our list of to-do's to get done the next month.

Since we are also not having a DJ, to save some major costs, we'll be having ipod playlists created for the dinner and special dances and dance portions of the reception. We've been saving music for the past year since we decided to get married. Two of our favorite places to dine at the resort is Club 33 and Carthay Circle and I've acquired the music that is played at both restaurants. I think some Disney classics set to Jazz would be perfect for dinner. Music for our dance and other dances, are a bit trickier. Trying to find that special song that means something to both of us to dance to. That one might take a while.

The rest of the night for all to dance, the music is going to be all over the place from 80's favorites to current hits, Disney dance remixes and yes, probably even staples like the chicken dance and YMCA. Can't have a wedding without the classics, right?

The last piece that we have to get done is the tuxes. Now to decide whether or not we get them here in Dallas or in Anaheim. We know we want grey/silver tuxes, but just not sure where to get them at and how far out to order. I would say within the next couple months, we'll need to secure those as well.

We're currently doing all of this as we plan for a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy in August and a quick trip to Disneyland in September for our tastings and final meeting with the wedding planner.

All of this before the big day on December 5th.

I swear I feel like I'm forgetting something.....

• Ruler of Wasteland

Very late to this party, but I would like to say congratulations!!!!
    "May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter," - Gandalf (from "The Chronicles of Narnia")

Quote Originally Posted by EpicOswald View Post
    Very late to this party, but I would like to say congratulations!!!!
    Thank you! Better late than never. I probably shouldn't have started the thread so early! I have a while to go. lol

The last piece that we have to get done is the tuxes. Now to decide whether or not we get them here in Dallas or in Anaheim. We know we want grey/silver tuxes, but just not sure where to get them at and how far out to order. I would say within the next couple months, we'll need to secure those as well.
    Name:  wedding-mickey.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  38.9 KB
    Thanks for the update!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  wedding-mickey.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  38.9 KB
    Thanks for the update!
    Without the tophat, thats pretty much our tux! lol

Without the tophat, thats pretty much our tux! lol

I would never have got through my wedding if we'd written our own vows, so I don't necessarily agree that you have to write them yourselves.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I would never have got through my wedding if we'd written our own vows, so I don't necessarily agree that you have to write them yourselves.
    I think that's my problem. I cry at the drop of a hat anyway. I can only imagine what my wedding day is going to be like, let along the ceremony and let alone AGAIN, saying our vows. I have a feeling, it's the route my partner wants to go and thats fine. I'll just need a shot of something and a Xanax to get through the ceremony.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast