Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Re: Mark & Steven's Fairy Tale Disneyland Wedding

Thanks everyone. As we get closer and closer to the date, more and more items will have to be done, decisions to be made. I'll make sure I come back with updates ever so often and trust me, closer to the date, there will be tons. lol Plus all the pictures after!

Figuring out the ceremony....finally.

I think that one of the most daunting tasks that is part of this entire wedding planning process, is the ceremony itself. What type of ceremony do we both want? What traditional elements do we want to include, if any? Should it be totally and utterly serious, or with some humor thrown in?

Choosing colors, flowers, decor, cake, food and songs for example have all been easy. We never even had any disagreements in what we wanted thanks to us both using Pinterest like crack addicts, saving wedding ideas for the past year and a half. Our ideas sort of melded together. But what one item that has been sitting out there since the beginning were the specifics of the ceremony. We both are the types that don't want to have to talk a lot and "share our feelings". When given a free form sort of environment to speak and share, I cannot see the results for either of us ending very well. We're both very emotional people and opening up the floor to say what we want, could end up with 15 minutes of why we love one another rambling and sobbing. Ok, maybe that's mainly for me. It could get a bit sickening for our guests and cause way too much anxiety for the Grooms.

It's best that everything is written out ahead of time.

It didn't take long of scouring the internet for same sex couple ceremonies and vows. Hell, vows for two people that love one another. They ranged from traditional, serious, religious, spiritual, humorous and a mix of all the above. We immediately knew that traditional ceremony wasn't for us. We wanted it serious to a point, but based on our personalities, we had to throw in a bit of humor. Plus, some humor might help dry up some tears that will be flowing freely.

We might have some difference in opinions from a religious or spiritual standpoint, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't see our ceremony being all that religious and spiritual either. We simply wanted vows that represent us as a couple, the love we feel and share together, as well as the promises we will set for one another.

Throw in a nice poem, some humor and a couple of surprises, I think we're set. Sorry folks, no doves will be released, no fireworks and no glitter cannons being shot off.

A little bit more tweaking and finishing up of the vows and we'll be set. Now to just get it done and marked off the checklist.

Disney sent us a little gift regarding our upcoming Disney Fantasy Wedding. Two coins, that on one side say, "Dream, Wish, Believe" and on the other it says, "Prince Charming" with the statement, "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale" around the edge of the coins.

It came with a card that says, "Whatever a fairy tale wish is to you, we've got the magic to make it come true. As you begin your countdown to walk down the aisle, we hope these treats get you started off on the right foot. We look forward to creating magical moments as you take your first steps together toward your happy ever after". The small insert with two men kissing states, "Charm Holder might be a special role for little loved ones. When you just can't agree, flip your charm and seal it with a kiss."

I really like the small little touches Disney does like this. Nice little surprise in the mail.

Name:  photo 1 (640x480).gif
Views: 457
Size:  137.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Disney sent us a little gift regarding our upcoming Disney Fantasy Wedding. Two coins, that on one side say, "Dream, Wish, Believe" and on the other it says, "Prince Charming" with the statement, "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale" around the edge of the coins.

It came with a card that says, "Whatever a fairy tale wish is to you, we've got the magic to make it come true. As you begin your countdown to walk down the aisle, we hope these treats get you started off on the right foot. We look forward to creating magical moments as you take your first steps together toward your happy ever after". The small insert with two men kissing states, "Charm Holder might be a special role for little loved ones. When you just can't agree, flip your charm and seal it with a kiss."

I really like the small little touches Disney does like this. Nice little surprise in the mail.

Name:  photo 1 (640x480).gif
Views: 457
Size:  137.7 KB

That is so sweet!!!

wow...
    first, congrats!!!
    this thread is so awesome... and so many great ideas!
    my husband and i got married on july 17 (my choice), so i understand the Disney influence on the wedding.

this is gonna be so great!!

• Selfie Expert

Such a neat little touch! Thank you for sharing!

Isn't there some tradition with putting a coin in your shoe on your wedding day? My shoes came off as soon as I was done with pictures so that didn't really apply to me... and I'm sure anything can be made into a tradition, but for some reason that's popping up in my mind!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Chief Troublemaker

Oh, that's so sweet! Although I don't know about tossing a coin to end arguments. DH & I would probably toss them AT each other. Then kiss and make up, of course.

Kelly, yes. Here you go:

"Something old,
    Something new,
    Something borrowed,
    Something blue,
    And a lucky sixpence in her shoe".

Of course, here we'd say 'lucky penny'. But I was fortunate enough to have a 'real' sixpence in my shoe. And I'd say I've been pretty lucky. Except that I can't get DH to (as he phrases it) "drink the Disney Kool-Aid".
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Yep, the penny in your shoe is so you will always have money in your married life.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    wow...
    first, congrats!!!
    this thread is so awesome... and so many great ideas!
    my husband and i got married on july 17 (my choice), so i understand the Disney influence on the wedding.

this is gonna be so great!!
    Thanks! I wish I had more to write, but we're in that in between stage. Closer to the date, I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more, especially after with all the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Such a neat little touch! Thank you for sharing!

Isn't there some tradition with putting a coin in your shoe on your wedding day? My shoes came off as soon as I was done with pictures so that didn't really apply to me... and I'm sure anything can be made into a tradition, but for some reason that's popping up in my mind!
    I had heard about something like that, but not sure. I think we'll carry them in our suit coats or pockets during the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh, that's so sweet! Although I don't know about tossing a coin to end arguments. DH & I would probably toss them AT each other. Then kiss and make up, of course.

Kelly, yes. Here you go:

"Something old,
    Something new,
    Something borrowed,
    Something blue,
    And a lucky sixpence in her shoe".

Of course, here we'd say 'lucky penny'. But I was fortunate enough to have a 'real' sixpence in my shoe. And I'd say I've been pretty lucky. Except that I can't get DH to (as he phrases it) "drink the Disney Kool-Aid".
    Thanks for that info! Friends of ours wrote love letters and sealed them in a box with a bottle of wine and two glasses. At their first big fight/argument they're to open the box, go read either others letters to remind themselves of their love and why they got married, then finish off the wine. I thought that was a great idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Yep, the penny in your shoe is so you will always have money in your married life.
    Can I put a 100 dollar bill in my shoe to make sure we have tons of money? lol

Just 14 more days and we'll be back at Disneyland for our 2nd required meeting with our wedding planners to go over final details, food and cake tastings and tighten up any loose ends. I like how Disney makes you meet with them twice in person before the wedding, knowing most are going to make a mini vacation out of it.

After that, it's sit and wait. They tell us the only thing we'd need to do after this is show up and they take care of everything. It really is putting a lot of faith and trust in people to have everything just how you want it. It's hard not being in any sort of control. I have a feeling I'll still be running around, checking things out to make sure it's how we want. I'm not the type to just sit back and do nothing.

I'll share some pictures when we get back!

• Chief Troublemaker

Oh YAY! How fun to see it all come together. This will be an exciting visit for you two for sure!

Can't wait to hear all the details and pics (that you feel like sharing, I know lots of things will be surprises for your guests!).

Your special day will be here before you know it. Don't drive yourself too doolally in the meantime!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I have been having fun following along on your blog.

Came over to MiceChat today and saw this! I had no idea you were on here!

Congratulations to you you both! I wish Ryan & I could make it but with WDW next week and another DLR trip in January we just couldn't make it work.

Can't wait to see pictures!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh YAY! How fun to see it all come together. This will be an exciting visit for you two for sure!

Can't wait to hear all the details and pics (that you feel like sharing, I know lots of things will be surprises for your guests!).

Your special day will be here before you know it. Don't drive yourself too doolally in the meantime!
    Yep, finally coming together. Now if we can just finalize the few pieces of the ceremony and get the music together, we'll be set. lol I'll be happy to share all the pics I can, especially after the wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    I have been having fun following along on your blog.

Came over to MiceChat today and saw this! I had no idea you were on here!

Congratulations to you you both! I wish Ryan & I could make it but with WDW next week and another DLR trip in January we just couldn't make it work.

Can't wait to see pictures!
    I really appreciate that and thank you! I know it's tough for many to go. We were surprised that we ended up having 60 people confirm. We expected MAYBE 30

The one time I was at a wedding at this location everyone was in awe of the horse pulled pumpkin thing… thinking how magical it all was… and right when it stopped and the bride stepped out the horse took the biggest dump and everyone busted up.

Don't worry, it can't happen twice. I just had to share.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusone View Post
    The one time I was at a wedding at this location everyone was in awe of the horse pulled pumpkin thing… thinking how magical it all was… and right when it stopped and the bride stepped out the horse took the biggest dump and everyone busted up.

Don't worry, it can't happen twice. I just had to share.
    LOL what a way to start off the wedding! I sure hope they don't feed the horse for a while before the ceremony.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast