Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Crowds are getting worse

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I haven't had the time to read through all of the posts...

Has anybody yet posited the idea that, at least, a fair amount of the additional crowding at the DLR, is due to a substantially higher general population, both locally and abroad? Ever since the 80's, it seems (from the perspective of this native) that Orange County has had pretty significant, continual, increases in population - both in density and with a lot more OC land being converted from farms/wilderness to residential area.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

12:07, yes it is getting crowded. Same problem here in Oregon. 30 years ago you could arrive any campground. Now, reservations are needed 6 months out. Population bubble.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Sundays have become unbearable. The amount of people in the park this last weekend for Dapper Day caused All parking to be fill to the brim including Convention Center. What happened to the idea of a slow Sunday in the park?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Sundays have become unbearable. The amount of people in the park this last weekend for Dapper Day caused All parking to be fill to the brim including Convention Center. What happened to the idea of a slow Sunday in the park?
    Well, Dapper Day...

*edit*

It's not really fair to judge park capacity by Dapper Day. Or Bats Day. Or Gay Day. Or any of the other non-park event "days" coordinated by outside groups. You're dealing with not only the normal crowd that would be there, but a major to massive surge of others who go on that day specifically to be part of the event. There's SOME crossover, but you're still going to see a huge surge.

And FWIW, a day being sent to the Convention Center lot has been a possibility for at least... what, twenty years now? Lazy Sundays being guaranteed at the Park are a long gone thing of the past.
    Last edited by BogLurch; 02-26-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Desnarkifying
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I haven't had the time to read through all of the posts...

Has anybody yet posited the idea that, at least, a fair amount of the additional crowding at the DLR, is due to a substantially higher general population, both locally and abroad? Ever since the 80's, it seems (from the perspective of this native) that Orange County has had pretty significant, continual, increases in population - both in density and with a lot more OC land being converted from farms/wilderness to residential area.
    I've definitely wondered about this, but I'm pretty sure the population grew more from 1960 to 1980 then it did from then 'til now. I just don't think it accounts for all the increases. Plus, in the 70's and early 80's there were a lot more Japanese here that now just go to TDL.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Plus, in the 70's and early 80's there were a lot more Japanese here that now just go to TDL.
    The economic collapse they had also affected visits pretty significantly. It was a pretty bracing foreshadow of the global recession.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

They economy is better? Sorry, what?

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    They economy is better? Sorry, what?
    You didn't hear? Apparently it's been solved..if you believe some people on tv..
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    You didn't hear? Apparently it's been solved..if you believe some people on tv..
    Who is actually saying this? I mean, someone like a noted economist "on TV" as you say, stating that the economy has "been solved." I think this is one of those things people like to claim are being said on TV, but have no real credible evidence.

Please don't turn this into a political forum.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Who is actually saying this? I mean, someone like a noted economist "on TV" as you say, stating that the economy has "been solved." I think this is one of those things people like to claim are being said on TV, but have no real credible evidence.

Please don't turn this into a political forum.
    Pretty sure 4Apples was being sarcastic. Breathe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456